Haynes and Boone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Haynes and Boone

2.8

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Haynes and Boone (Dallas, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

They advertised on Monster. I think the only reason that I got the interview was because my husband's friend works there and he put in a word for me. The interview was very dry. All she did was go through all of my previous jobs and ask why I left eash one. She also said the job was hourly, not salaried. Their website says they require overtime,

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Haynes and Boone (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

First interview is a phone interview by the hiring partner. Then I was asked to join a video conference to talk with several attorneys from different locations. They invited both associates and partners. I was brought in by a recruiter, so all communications and feedback were through the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my past experience and someone one asked about specific case law.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Haynes and Boone (Austin, TX).

Interview

They were fairly disrespectful of my time during the interview process. Typical big firm commodity treatment. I had another offer and had informed them as such. I was still left hanging for a couple weeks. I had to ping HR to find out no offer. Thankfully my other offer, which was a better fit for me anyways, was still on the table, after all of that waiting around.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Haynes and Boone (Dallas, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Submit resume. Short phone interview or screening with recruiting staff. Meet with various people in practice group, lunch interview, second round of interviews before offer made. Meet with recruiting staff. Tour of offices. Lunch with directors.

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Haynes and Boone (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

it was intense. I had a great repoir with the Director in charge and she was very pleasant. She hired me the same day! iT WAS A VERY SECURED ENVIRONMENT AND i WAS VERY COMFORTABLE WITH THAT

Interview Questions

• What I enjoyed outside of work and why I choose their place of employment   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Haynes and Boone (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

They are very friendly throughout the process. But once they decide they wont be hiring you, you get a generic, computer-generated ding email. Completely cut off from any human interaction. Kind of hurtful.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Haynes and Boone (Houston, TX) in February 2019.

Interview

Originally met with attorneys at a reception in the city where my law school is located. Then I received an email offering to fly me out for a callback. In Houston I met with three pairs of interviewers (so six partners ) for 30 minutes each. Then had lunch with two associates for an hour before returning to the recruiter.
    Throughout the whole day there was never a dull moment, everyone involved was extremely interesting and willing to talk and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• It wasn’t formal pre-canned tangible questions. It was more like a discussion about myself, the firm, my resume, and my experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Haynes and Boone (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied through on campus interviews. No interviews were conducted on campus, they just contacted the candidates they wanted to bring to the firm to interview. Lunch with two associates, then several individual interviews with partners and some other associates. Lasted about 3 and a half hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Haynes and Boone (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a screening interview at the on campus recruiting, and was offered a callback at the firm. I met with 5 different attorneys, 3 partners and 2 associates. I met with each attorney for around 30 minutes. I really liked everyone that I talked to. No offer though, so that was sad.

Events Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Haynes and Boone (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

This was the longest interview process I've ever had! Three phone interviews over the course of a few weeks with three different people followed by being called into their office, meeting with two people, and skyping with three more. Lots of repeating myself, which is understandable but was still tedious. I followed up after each interview with the HR person who coordinated everything and after my last interview, heard nothing at all. After four rounds, I was disappointed to not even get a cursory "we went another direction" email. If hiring a non-management position was this intense, I can't imagine the process for an attorney.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with trying to please attorneys who thought they knew how to manage your job?   Answer Question