Health Catalyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Health Catalyst (New York, NY).

Interview

A take home technical assignment, and a video interview lasted for 2 hours, you just need to have some basic understanding of algorithms and data structure. I got the offer right at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about algorithms   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Health Catalyst (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter on the Health Catalyst website. The next day, I got an email from the recruiter wanting to set up a phone interview. The phone interview with the recruiter lasted about 20 minutes. A couple of days after that I had a phone interview with a technical director where he tested my knowledge of database design and the SELECT statement. The same day, in a timed SurveyMonkey survey, I had to write three queries on fictitious employee data. A few days later, I had a final in-person interview where I had to walk two technical directors through a business problem and write a query on it. Then I went to lunch with two other technical directors and they asked me about my work experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that your customers did not believe the data that you prepared for them. What did you do to convince them that the data were right?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Health Catalyst.

Interview

I had an initial phone call with a recruiter followed by a take home data science test. After that there were multiple phone interviews before they call for an onsite interview. Most of the interviews were technical and one focused on behavioral questions. The whole process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions technical questions were related to supervised learning.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Health Catalyst (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a technical interview, programming test, in-person deeper technical interview, and a cultural fit interview. Everyone was very nice and personable. You have to know SQL queries and basic database structure but it wasn't too intense.

Interview Questions

• Role play. You own a window company and I am a farmer who needs a window in my barn. Begin.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Health Catalyst (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a very thorough process (4 interviews) that consisted of couple of tests and some technical questions. The questions were related to the position I was applying for. Regretfully, I promised that I wouldn't divulge the questions they asked me, and I always keep my promises.

Interview Questions

• They asked me some data modeling questions.   1 Answer

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Health Catalyst (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview with a few technical questions followed by a short SQL test done online. Following that was an in-person interview with a whiteboard SQL and data modeling examination and a lunch conversation about my experience and the company culture. The final step was to give a short presentation to some of the company leadership.

Interview Questions

• How I had handled a difficult situation where someone took credit for my work.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Health Catalyst (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a few phone calls and then an all day in person interview. The first call was with a recruiter that works for Health Catalyst, the second phone call was my manager, and then the next was a Sr team member.

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Health Catalyst (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

They sent an email and requested an interview time. It was a 15 minute Screening Interview. After the screening, I had an 1 hour Technical Interview. Then a timed Technical Assessment that took me about an hour. If I would have passed the assessment, a behavioral interview and then a presentation. They are good people and I like the rigorous interview process. I'm disappointed that I didn't prepare better for the assessment.

Interview Questions

• Mostly SQL oriented questions with some data modeling.   1 Answer

Health Catalyst Response

Jul 26, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate the perspective on our process!

Senior Data Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Health Catalyst in July 2016.

Interview

Had a screening interview with the recruiter, online technical assessment, technical interview, behavioral/cultural interview, and team interview. I interviewed with three different teams within Catalyst – there was a lot of change throughout the process. My recruitment process overlapped the 4th of July and Catalyst is off the entire week – so that lengthened the timeline for me.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Health Catalyst (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was VERY long and for me, had a devastating end. I had one telephone interview, one panel (3 people) interview and one individual (1:1) interview. I enjoyed each encounter and felt they all were great conversations, and shared stories. After speaking with five different people over the course of 2+ months, I was told I wasn’t being offered the position because I wasn’t a good cultural fit. I truly understand and appreciate the significance of having great chemistry with the existing culture, but I believe they missed out on having a great co-worker. My education, skills, experience and work ethic are impeccable. I also submitted an appropriate example of the type of work that I’d be expected to do. I knew this company inside and out! I was so optimistic after each step, the last telephone call saying no, was disheartening.

Interview Questions

• STAR interviewing technique: "tell me a time when..."   1 Answer