Health Catalyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

3.1

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Health Catalyst (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Initial 15 minute interview with HR rep organized by email. Next step was a 30 minute phone call with the hiring manager also organized via email by another HR rep. Last round of interviews was organized by the hiring manager via text/email and involved a 4 hour in-person interview marathon (interviews with four different individuals back-to-back) culminating in lunch with another employee. The entire interview process from first call to in-person interview took approximately a month and ended with a rejection phone call the day after the in-person interviews. It sounded as though they were still deciding on the final candidate between the other finalists (I was one of three finalists). Although it wasn’t the ideal outcome it was greatly appreciated that they didn’t just leave me hanging.

Lead Clinical Data Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Health Catalyst in July 2017.

Interview

The recruiter reaches out for a short 15 minute phone screening. The recruiter first email you for a date/time that you are available and then calls you from UT for a phone screen.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Health Catalyst (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by their HR and was invited for an on-site interview. It was a single round interview where basic testing and database related questions were asked. I am still waiting for the final result. Hopefully, I will be notified by the end of next week.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to Unit testing, Integration testing, regression testing and selenium were asked.   Answer Question

Data Visualization Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Health Catalyst (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Very smooth and easy process, questions were answered in short order. Hearing back from the application process took longer than expected due to Health Catalyst's vetting process. HR group was instrumental in helping to answer questions during hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How big is your desire to learn?   Answer Question
    • When challenged by a situation where you are asked to do something you don't know how to do, what is your reaction?   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Health Catalyst (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, design a website, 3 hr interview with technical questions and department leadership. Technical questions were done in an ide, which was nice, except for some psuedo sql.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Health Catalyst (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

A little bit of overkill. You have an initial conversation with an HR rep to see if you can hold a conversation. Following that, we had a technical phone interview about SQL basics (nothing hard at all). Finally you have an in-person interview about how you are as a person, learning, work ethic, etc. After that you go directly to a technical interview with two directors. Easy interview that doesn't really assess the knowledge you have.

Interview Questions

• When given a project, do you work on it until you get stuck or do you ask for help without trying it yourself?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Health Catalyst (New York, NY).

Interview

A take home technical assignment, and a video interview lasted for 2 hours, you just need to have some basic understanding of algorithms and data structure. I got the offer right at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about algorithms   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Health Catalyst.

Interview

I had an initial phone call with a recruiter followed by a take home data science test. After that there were multiple phone interviews before they call for an onsite interview. Most of the interviews were technical and one focused on behavioral questions. The whole process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions technical questions were related to supervised learning.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Health Catalyst (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter on the Health Catalyst website. The next day, I got an email from the recruiter wanting to set up a phone interview. The phone interview with the recruiter lasted about 20 minutes. A couple of days after that I had a phone interview with a technical director where he tested my knowledge of database design and the SELECT statement. The same day, in a timed SurveyMonkey survey, I had to write three queries on fictitious employee data. A few days later, I had a final in-person interview where I had to walk two technical directors through a business problem and write a query on it. Then I went to lunch with two other technical directors and they asked me about my work experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that your customers did not believe the data that you prepared for them. What did you do to convince them that the data were right?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Health Catalyst (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a technical interview, programming test, in-person deeper technical interview, and a cultural fit interview. Everyone was very nice and personable. You have to know SQL queries and basic database structure but it wasn't too intense.

Interview Questions

• Role play. You own a window company and I am a farmer who needs a window in my barn. Begin.   Answer Question