KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Health Catalyst Reviews

Updated May 14, 2021

4.5
Pros
  • "There are so many reasons why Health Catalyst is a great place to work(in 159 reviews)

• "Leadership seems to truly care about all team members(in 134 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This issue isn't unique to Health Catalyst since it's pretty common no matter where you work if doing client work(in 73 reviews)

• "There is a lot of confusion among team members on this point(in 65 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Health Catalyst and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

The best company I've ever worked for

May 5, 2021 - Analytics Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team-member experience at Health Catalyst is very good. I find myself constantly surrounded by very smart people who care about the work they do, whether they are employees or clients. A good work-life balance is encouraged, and self-care is often emphasized. Employees can work from anywhere and are not required to regularly come into the office. I believe that the C-suite genuinely cares about the staff, and by-and-large know what it takes to make the organization thrive. During COVID the company made significant efforts to not lay-off employees, including reducing some executive’s pay and allowing employees to take unpaid sabbaticals. I find the pay and benefits to be generous, overall. My base salary is about what I would expect for my role - perhaps even above average - and the benefits are very good. • Health insurance is only a couple of dollars out-of-pocket each month if you complete the quarterly wellness challenges, and the coverage is good in my experience. • They provide a number of novel health benefits such as free therapy/crisis management, Headspace memberships, Sword physical therapy, and Livongo diabetes management. • If you have an HSA, they will give you $500 at the beginning of the year, and match $100 per month in contributions. • The retirement plan (run by Empower Retirement) has a decent selection of funds and relatively low fees for a 401k provider. I believe we currently pay a 0.23% asset-based charge, which is low in my research. • The 401k match is 100% up to 3%. This was recently lowered from 100% up to 6%. I am disappointed in what amounts to a pay cut, but I think this is about average. I know many companies do things like a 50% match up to 3%, so I feel as though HC is competitive. • There is a $10k/year education allowance that can be used for degree programs, training, travel to industry conferences, books and other materials. • There is an employee stock purchase program which allows you to purchase up to 15% of your base salary in HCAT stock, every six months, at a 15% discount. I would encourage people to look up the advantages of an ESPP. • The company provides gym, phone, and home internet allowances. These come out to be just under $2k for me each year. • There is a $1000 dollar lifetime home office allowance, which you can then keep. • The office environment was always very good before COVID with free snacks and a gym. We will be moving into a newer, better workspace this June.

Cons

Maybe it’s just the tech industry, with its high pay and good benefits, but I sometimes feel a sense of entitlement from coworkers. As a point of reference, I’ve heard complaints about the $1000 office allowance not being enough to buy everything you could need. Most places I’ve worked would scoff at providing an office allowance you can keep. Since going public, there has been a much greater emphasis on profitability (understandably). As time goes on, I fully expect this to encroach on some of the more generous employee benefits. For example, during the COVID pandemic the company ceased matching 401k contributions for a few months as a cost saving measure. When the match was reintroduced, it was cut in half. Another example is the employee bonus structure. Recently, they have changed the bonus structure from quarterly cash bonuses to annual bonuses of $30% cash and 70% stock grants (RSU) that don’t vest for a year. Presumably, this will save the company money, but it is less useful to employees. None of this is a deal-breaker, but the days of splurging on employees with private equity money is over.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for this thoughtful, insightful, detailed review, and for your contributions to the company these past 3-4 years as an Analytics Engineer. I appreciate all the positives that you shared about your experience at Health Catalyst, and we will strive to preserve the compensation and benefits elements that you highlighted as opportunities to signal to team members their central importance to our mission -- at the center of the flywheel. I also appreciate your feedback about some of the cons and the advice that you shared. We as a company do need to stay on a positive path towards profitability, which necessitates more close stewardship and management of our expenses, but we will strive to be as generous as possible, as soon as possible, with team members, within those financial constraints. We are also working on updated travel and face to face meeting guidelines, and are excited to prepare to reopen the offices next month and begin a more significant return to normalcy. Thank you again for your contributions to our company these past 3-4 years! Best, Dan

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

This company lives by it's values and puts team members first!

May 14, 2021 - People Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I came over to Health Catalyst it was culture shock in the best possible way. From the very top to bottom most everyone at the company lives by the Health Catalyst values. In my experience, this company truly values it's team members and the leadership does their very best to culturally be female forward and progressive in recognizing and addressing the workplace and outside challenges minority groups are facing in today's world. Our CEO does not shy away from taking a clear stance on what he feels is the right and that's much appreciated. Health Catalyst promotes a culture of kindness, transparency, remaining humble, and assuming positive intent. And I've personally witnessed the leadership team doing everything they can to keep promises and stand by their word while maintaining the company's mission. There's never been more of a need for the work Health Catalyst does and I believe it truly makes a difference in our healthcare system. I consider myself fortunate to be a part of it.

Cons

The company is growing at an inorganic rate and while that's not a bad thing, it can certainly present challenges and growing pains. Achieving the mission can sometimes come with shared sacrifice.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Three years, lots of growth, lots of change, still want to stay

May 9, 2021 - Analytics Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The company's values, mission, and C-suite leadership continue to hold my respect and admiration. Prior comments and feedback have been listened to and affected meaningful change. -Quality of the team members has been and continues to be the best I've had the privilege to work with. -Despite the amount of change and some of the resulting unknowns, I still feel a part of something important and meaningful.

Cons

The amount and level of change, irrespective of COVID-19, has had some negative effects: -Changes have not been announced well or communicated clearly in some cases -Expectations have been difficult to understand fully through the changes -Future outlook of the company has been communicated well, but how changes affect the outlook of different departments within the company has not been.

CEO

Thank you for your review and feedback, and for three years of meaningful contributions to the success of the company. Thank you also for sharing the positives you've experienced, we will try to reinforce and keep enabling those elements you highlighted. And thank you also for sharing the cons and advice. Your perspective is resonant and it highlights the tension between the principle of transparency and completeness of decision/communication. It's an elusive balance and I'm confident that we don't always get it right. We are trying to be more mindful in 2021 and beyond of consistency in communication, and in providing each manager with opportunities to communicate with their individual teams, more frequently, which should allow for more tailored communications, relevant for each team. We'll keep working at it. Thank you again for your contributions these past three years! Best, Dan

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Right direction... need keep pulse on "game time" adjustments...

Feb 3, 2021 - Technical Director in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, mission, and leaders. We are very forward thinking and look to meet client needs. We continue to build a holistic and integrated set of tools and products that will help clients with their data and analytic needs to help save lives and resources.

Cons

Salaries are competitive, but COVID has slowed the compensation growth curve and goal posts have changed a bit in relationship to raises, bonuses, etc. I would have hoped for compensation to have stabilized a bit more now that we are a year into COVID, but these are difficult times. Software development and client support, I think we are in a crucial time with clients and our DevOps teams as figure out the balance between scalability, profitability, and customer needs. We need to keep making sure clients are clear on what we can and can't offer, and also make sure we are not sacrificing client needs for the sake of scalability and profitability.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for your feedback, and thank you for your 5-7 years of contributions at Health Catalyst, and in such a demanding and critical role of Technical Director. I sincerely appreciate the work that you and your colleagues perform so capably for the company day-in and day-out. I also appreciate very much your support and your optimism for our company's future, even navigating the pressures of being a publicly-traded company, with associated expectations to achieve profitability and growth targets that are challenging to do simultaneously. I also hope that this week in particular will feel like a week of good news on the compensation front, as you receive news about an equity refresh grant and an update to our companywide bonus plan that should both be favorable to each team member at Health Catalyst. We'll discuss these items on Friday during our next All Team Member meeting, all in the context of our desire to keep our promise to every team member to strive towards paying above-market for every position, every team member, across every function, even with meaningful financial constraints. I agree also that we need to continue to make meaningful technology scalability progress, and this is certainly a theme of 2021 strategic planning, and we'll continue to make investments to improve here. Thank you again for your many contributions these past 5+ years at Health Catalyst. Best, Dan

5. 3.0

Unsure at this time

Jan 29, 2021 - Work with clients
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pros include the potential to do meaningful work with our clients. Working from home, particularly during COVID-19 and a tumultuous year, is a blessing. Pay is decent, although with the reduction of 401K contributions, we've all taken a pay reduction. In general, supportive of team members and interested in the team member experience. Dan does an exceptional job of updating team members, keeping us informed. I've indicated several cons. While they are all cons, I do want to recognize that Health Catalyst is still a better employer than many other companies. We just have some things to work on, and this last year has been a difficult year.

Cons

While I appreciate that we didn't lay people off during the hardships of COVID-19, we've had benefits and pay taken away. 401K reduction. No pay increases. No promotions. Small bonuses. Reductions in the number of days off. Increasing costs for healthcare coverage. A challenging year and an increasing focus on profitability has had negative impacts for employees. Team member experience varies based upon who you report to, and many in the company are not open to information about opportunities for improvement. Team members are pushed to do more and more all the time, often when already over extended. While we talk about increasing diversity, I've not seen substantial forward progress. I continue to hear some team mates complain about the diversity efforts, state that racism isn't real, falsely say that Health Catalyst is instituting quotas for hiring BIPOC and LGTBQI+ and, and claim the company is no longer hiring the most qualified candidates. This is false, and statements like this suggest that we need to address the root racism and sexism underlying these types of disrespectful comments.

6 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for sharing this feedback, and thank you for choosing to join Health Catalyst over the past year. I appreciate the positives that you shared around the meaningfulness of the work, and I'm glad to hear that the updates and discussions we have during our every-other-week all-team-member meetings are helpful. I also appreciate the constructive feedback about areas where we can do better, and I find your perspective resonant and agree that we have room to improve. First, as it relates to compensation, I acknowledge and agree with your perspective that a decrease to the 401(k) match and lower-than-historic bonus payouts have a negative impact on every team member's compensation, along with no companywide base salary increases. One item we'll discuss more fully during this Friday's all-team-member meeting is the annual equity grant process which every team member who has been with the company since January 1 2020 is eligible to participate in, as well as the 2021 bonus plan which will include a clear path to an increased bonus payout for every team member. These were items we worked hard to garner support from the board to implement, to help us make meaningful compensation progress in 2021 and strive to keep our promise to team members that their total compensation would be above-market. These elements are imperfect, but they are hopefully valuable, meaningful and positive for every team member. We will also continue to work on servant-leadership training for every people manager at Health Catalyst, as well as collecting 360-degree feedback for every people manager to assess the degree to which each leader is living up to the Health Catalyst way, and to identify opportunities for improvement. We will also continue to focus on meaningful progress in recruiting and retaining diverse team members across all levels and functions at Health Catalyst, and continue the practice of consistently extending offers to the most qualified candidates for each position. I acknowledge that we have important work to continue to do here, and I will continue to devote meaningful personal time and focus to this key area. Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope that some of our efforts and actions will flow into your specific situation and provide you with a sense of progress, of support and of appreciation. Best, Dan

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Unbelievable. Seriously.

Feb 8, 2021 - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

From day one, employees are respected and treated as the most-important company asset. You can expect to receive trust, respect, and professionalism in helping achieve the commendable company mission. I have never been able to elevate my career, experience, and task completion as much as I have at Health Catalyst because I'm not micro-managed and I'm trusted. Compensation is great. Benefits are amazing - I haven't found any other company willing to give their companies the incredible amount of benefits available to us. Company leaders are fully transparency and approachable. You can ask anonymous questions that will be answered. Meetings (at least for me) are efficient, which I consider a huge plus. I maybe have about 3 hours of meetings a week and all have an objective and are never drawn out. Work-life balance is incredible. You can work from home, in the office, or anywhere in the world! PTO is unlimited and untracked. An incredible amount of parental leave and many many paid company holidays. The mission is excellent - innovating the Healthcare Industry. The provided laptops are superior and exceed that specs needed to get the job done.

Cons

There are no cons. None.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for sharing this review and feedback! I'm grateful to hear that your experience thus far at Health Catalyst has been very positive! We'll try to stay focused here on a daily basis. Best Dan

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growing Company with good culture

Nov 20, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Health Catalyst is a great place to work and has a strong culture of hard-working, smart, humble team members and management. It is rewarding to work for a company that has a meaningful mission of improving the healthcare industry by helping hospitals to make better and data-informed decisions. 2020 has been a challenging year for everyone (period), but Health Catalyst has done a good job of helping team members feel secure with their jobs and overall compensation package despite also providing some temporary discounts to customers to assist them through the financial and operational difficulties that have hit hospitals related to COVID-19. This has been very comforting to see that the company and upper management due try their best to put team members first even during such difficult times. Upper management is as transparent as possible with team members and has regular company-wide updates, which helps everyone feel somewhat connected despite essentially everyone working remotely through the pandemic. Health Catalyst has a competitive benefits package with education, fitness allowances, 401k match, HSA match, home office allowances, ESPP, RSU grants, and annual bonuses.

Cons

Working on the administrative side of the company is often quite demanding, especially with the regulatory and compliance requirements of being a public company and the integration of acquired entities.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for your feedback and for your contributions to our company these past 1-2 years. I appreciate your hard work, and hope you can find balance in your work and in your life. I also appreciate the advice to focus on maintaining our mission-orientation and culture through acquisitions as well. We're trying to focus here and enable this continued attention to team member engagement, and to the mission as we grow. Best, Dan

8. 5.0

Excellent Place to work

May 11, 2021 - Analytics Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is really good. Takes care of employees well.

Cons

Flexible PTO policy is not good.

CEO

Thank you for this review and feedback, and for choosing to join Health Catalyst as an Analytics Engineer. Glad to hear that the culture has been a positive and that you feel well taken care of. People Operations team would welcome any further feedback you have about the PTO policy and how we might make it better. Please feel free to reach out to them to share your feedback. Thanks, Dan

9. 3.0
      Current Employee

Apparently only managers need to improve

Mar 3, 2021 - Analytics Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, good coworkers

Cons

At Health Catalyst, only the people managers get annual performance reviews. If you are an individual contributor you don't get any kind of formal review. This is totally ironic. We're an outcomes improvement company and we consult with our clients about how they are supposed to continually monitor their performance and implement interventions to improve. But we don't follow our own advice. How are our people supposed to learn and grow and get better if they don't set goals and check in regularly with their managers on those goals?

7 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for your review and feedback. We encourage people managers to have 1:1s with team members every two weeks, and to have a continuous discussion about the team member's performance and what is going well as well as opportunities for development and improvement. We have also found it useful to gather annual 360-degree performance feedback on our people managers, and as we've found this to be helpful, we are extending this practice of annual performance feedback, in a more formalized manner, to all team members, starting in 2021. We hope that this addition will address your feedback and be helpful to you and to many other team members in their ongoing growth and development. Best, Dan

10. 2.0

Very disappointed this year

Dec 31, 2020 - Analytics Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I agree with another recent review in saying the secret is out- this job is great if you want to just coast by and work on personal things or have a family. Perfect for some, not inclusive to all situations, though.

Cons

Benefits are being cut, some permanent and some temporarily- 401K, bonuses that are part of compensation package, *some* promotions (if you don't know the secret handshake), company holidays... These are annoying cuts, but what is downright depressing is the lack of true opportunity for growth. Those who work hard, don't have families and put in extra effort to be great at their work are not rewarded any greater than those who spend a lot of time doing the bare minimum. Expect to get promoted at the same rate as everyone else. Loyalty is highly rewarded here but it is measured by time at the company, which means if you didn't join 5+ years ago, you're out of luck. Sorry you weren't born sooner. In the pandemic, there is a lot of talk about being thankful that you're even employed. This is emotional manipulation at it's finest. Yes, be thankful for everything you have in this life. But to just sing the company's praises because they kept your job is not the standard you should hold yourself to unless you know you're gravely unemployable or on the backend of their career. Those younger who know they have great skills and career potential will find growth elsewhere, since Catalyst at put a long-term hold (1+ year) on this. Very, very disappointing.

8 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for sharing this feedback, and I suppose I can relate, in some ways, to your expressed deep disappointment, as I was very disappointed, at a few levels, to read this feedback. In 2020 Health Catalyst received 156 Glassdoor reviews from mostly current and some former team members at the company. As has been the case for a number of years, I have read, reread and written a personal response, to each team member review here on Glassdoor, and one of my personal goals was to be caught up by last night (December 31st) in personally reading, rereading and then responding to every Glassdoor review of 2020, and I thought I had made it, with about 30 minutes to spare, by 11:30 pm last night, having responded to 155 of these reviews. But yours had not yet shown up in the system. And your criticism and negative feedback about your experience at Health Catalyst was difficult feedback to receive. In many ways it felt like a punch to the gut, as the more scathing reviews here on Glassdoor always seem to feel this way for me as I have read and then reread them over the years. But as we have discussed during many all-team-member meetings, as you know from your participation during your 3-4 year tenure, we strive to replace the natural human tendency towards defensiveness, with an openness to receiving this feedback, especially the scathing feedback, and looking for the "golden nuggets" of insights that could lead towards improvement. I have tried to do this with your feedback, having first read it late last night, past midnight, and then having slept on it, come back and reread it, and given myself some time to ponder and consider your words. So let me provide a response with the benefit of that process. First, I acknowledge the cuts to some benefits for team members that have occurred in 2020, and I am personally accountable for having made those decisions. I also acknowledge that these decisions had negative implications for team members, and that one of the negatives could be that some team members choose to leave Health Catalyst and pursue more lucrative/rewarding career opportunities elsewhere, and this may include you. As we discussed in our most recent all-team-member meeting on December 22nd, I acknowledge that I and other leaders at Health Catalyst must work hard every single day to provide the most compelling workplace opportunity possible, to "earn the right" to have world-class team members choose to come to Health Catalyst and then choose to stay at Health Catalyst. And I acknowledge that any time we choose to cut back on benefits or ask for other "shared sacrifice" measures, this makes our compensation package less competitive relative to alternatives. As we also discussed in our most recent All Team Member meeting, I acknowledge that right now we at Health Catalyst face constraints and challenges that may not be the same as what other companies face. We are absorbing the effects of the pandemic on our 2020 growth, while also needing to stay on schedule with regards to our timeline to profitability. This creates significant constraints for our company. I understand and respect any team member who decides that they need to pursue other opportunities outside of Health Catalyst. We as a leadership team also continue to commit to every team member who chooses to stay with us through this shared sacrifice that we will share with our team members the fruits of our shared success as soon as we can and as much as we can within our financial sustainability constraints. That’s why we announced the spot-bonus of $2,000 per team member that you and others just received yesterday. We’ll also continue to provide annual equity grants to team members, proposed for board approval in the next few months, along with proposed promotions for team members (along with corresponding pay increases) to be approved within that same timeframe. We as a company have to “earn the right” through strong financial performance, to remain as an independent company, and this is not easy by any stretch. Many earlier-stage companies are not required to perform at the same level as we are (e.g. their primary focus is on growth without the need to be profitable), which may enable them in the short-term to provide incremental compensation elements to team members. But most of those early-stage startups will not make it long-term as independent companies. Likewise, larger publicly-traded companies must continue to “earn the right” to be independent, and if their performance falters, they become vulnerable to activist investors and/or to acquisition. We have witnessed several recent examples in healthcare and in Utah where companies have experienced this and have been acquired. Once acquisitions occur, often there is significant turnover in leadership and major change to policies which can be very negative for team members. We’re working hard every single day to “earn the right” to be independent. As we do so, each of us as fellow-owners will also participate, over time, in the value creation that occurs. For example, our company went public at a $26 share price. Yesterday's year-end share price of $43.53 represents a 67% share price increase from our IPO valuation, and every team member’s equity is worth meaningfully more because of our company’s success. We hope that every strongly-performing team member will consider all these items as they think about their long-term career decisions, and that many will find the path at Health Catalyst to be compelling at multiple levels. We recognize as leaders that it is our job to provide a very compelling, positive, best place to work, and we’ll work hard towards that goal every single day. Let me also share some ways in which, after having read, reread, and considered your feedback, I disagree with your perspective. First, I strongly disagree with your assessment that Health Catalyst is a great place to work for those who would like to just coast in their careers and not work hard or be challenged. This is deeply inconsistent with one of our four cultural attributes of "hard-working" which is required if we are to achieve our mission. I just celebrated my 10-year anniversary of personal involvement at Health Catalyst. I have never worked harder in my 28-year career than I have during my time at Health Catalyst, and I know that hundreds of my teammates and colleagues have also worked incredibly hard to help build this company from where it was 10 years ago when I started, with the two co-founders and one full-time employee, to a company with well over 1,000 team members, publicly-traded, with a market value approaching $2 Billion, and over 1,200 documented examples of enabling massive, measureable, data-informed healthcare improvement supporting the care of over 100 million patients. Any team member who is simply coasting and not contributing their best to this company and its mission should not remain at Health Catalyst. We as a company continue to benefit from over 50 applicants for every position we post, and a >90% offer acceptance rate when we extend an offer. We also continue to maintain 99th percentile team member engagement, as measured by Gallup, and incredibly low voluntary turnover, approximately 1/4 the industry average. As a result, every role at Health Catalyst is precious and important and it is critical that every team member occupying that role is committed to the company's mission and success. Also, as it relates to your perspective about high-performing team members, earlier in their career who have many career options, who, from your perspective, should find growth elsewhere, I might share a personal experience and some advice I received 20 years ago when I was earlier in my career and had several career paths from which to choose. At the time I was graduating from Harvard Business School, at the top of my class as a Baker Scholar, and I had been a strategy consultant at the Boston Consulting Group, and there were many companies that seemed interested in hiring me and offering me bright and lucrative career paths. My manager at Hewlett Packard, during an MBA internship I had completed, shared with me some advice he had received 20 years earlier in his career, when he was a newly-minted MBA, after having graduated in Computer Science, with lots of career paths open to him as well. He shared the perspective of a senior leader at HP who he'd worked for, that "your career is a very long time -- you'll likely spend three or four decades working full-time. When you find leaders at a company that is well-run where you feel you can learn a great deal, prioritize this and spend more time there, not less time, as a learner and a follower. This way, when it is time for you to be the teacher and the leader, you'll have the benefit of all of these learnings to inform your approach." This advice influenced me profoundly, and I ended up choosing to go and work for this manager, after graduating from Harvard. I was the only member of my graduating class to choose to go work for HP and for this manager, who happens to be Paul Horstmeier, Health Catalyst's Chief Operating Officer, and the person I consider the best boss of my career, someone I've worked closely with in a spectrum of settings, for the past 20-plus years. I ended up choosing to work for Paul at HP for nearly 8 years straight, with only one formal promotion during that time, while many of my Harvard classmates received greater short-term promotions, often by moving from company to company every 1-2 years. But what I gained was nearly a decade of "learning" from a world-class leader at a well-run technology company, with extremely talented colleagues (including Leslie Falk who was my close teammate for a number of years, who now also serves on Health Catalyst's senior leadership team). I draw upon the lessons I learned during that time on an almost-daily-basis in this role at Health Catalyst. Several years ago I shared this advice with a Health Catalyst teammate who was high-potential and early in her career, who felt anxious that after 2 years at Health Catalyst she wasn't being promoted quickly enough or seeing her compensation rise fast enough. I encouraged her to see Health Catalyst as a place that attracts, develops, and retains really talented individuals and leaders, a place where she could learn and grow and develop for a long time, if she were willing to adopt a longer-term perspective. A few months later she chose to leave Health Catalyst for a hot Silicon Valley startup that offered her a little more money and a title promotion in the near-term. Unfortunately for her, that startup ended up (as the vast, vast majority of VC-backed startups do) facing some existential competitive challenges and other problems that kept it from reaching its potential, and she ended up leaving that role within less than two years, and has worked at a few different places since then. Recently she reached out to us about the possibility of returning to Health Catalyst, with some meaningful lessons learned and an interest in a longer-term career relationship with us. I don't claim that Health Catalyst is perfect -- I never have. We have tons of places to improve, at every level and across every function. But I do believe Health Catalyst is a well-run technology company that has "earned the right" to have scaled to its current size, and I also believe that we will continue to grow and scale as a successful company in the years and even decades ahead. I believe Health Catalyst is, in fact, world-class in some areas, including in its mission-orientation and in its commitment to team member engagement, and this perspective is data-informed by third parties. I hope that some of what I've shared might persuade you to rethink your position, to perhaps adopt a longer-term mindset to your career progression, and to choose to stay at Health Catalyst and contribute each day to its mission. I believe that if you do choose to stay at Health Catalyst, that years from now, with the benefit of hindsight, you will feel that this was a wise decision, not because our company is flawless, but because we work hard every day to strive towards a meaningful mission and to do it with excellence, and that there are many world-class team mates from whom to learn. But I respect your right to make the decision that is best for you. Whatever your decision, I wish you success in your future endeavors. Best, Dan

Viewing 1 - 10 of 483 Reviews