HealthCorps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HealthCorps Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

3.1

Healthcorps Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HealthCorps in May 2016.

Interview

After applying I was contacted for a phone interview and then contacted once more for a virtual interview. The process took about three months, after first applying in the beginning of March I heard back late March for a phone interview in the beginning of April and a final virtual interview over Google Hangout beginning of May. I found out I had not received the position in the beginning of June. The interviewers were all very kind and interested in me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Asked to explain my involvements in various positions   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would work well with high school students?   Answer Question

Coordinator Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HealthCorps (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

My interview process took over three months.

I received an email for a phone interview a day after submitting my resume and cover letter. A week later, my interviewer did not call at our scheduled time but did call within the hour. A few days later, I received an email stating that they were nearing the end of their recruiting process so there are limited positions available "but could continue to be considered for the position, with the understanding that there may or may not still be positions available at this stage in the process". If I wanted to withdraw my application, they would understand but if I wanted to continue, we could set-up a virtual interview instead of in-person. Was still very much interested and set-up a virtual interview through Google Hangout. After, I was told I would hear back from them by the end of May because in June they would need to have placed Coordinators in their respective locations. I sent a thank you email a few days after my virtual interview. I followed up on June 1st when I did not hear back from them. I called their New York Headquarters mid-June and was told to email someone regarding my application status so a manager could look at it.

Unfortunately, still have not heard back since my virtual interview.

After checking my status through Jobvite every few days, the status on my application finally changed today from "In Process" to "Closed".

HealthCorps responded to me in the time frame they said they would but unfortunately towards the end of my application process, I have not been contacted. I believe one of the Regional Supervisors no longer works with HealthCorps and there was a press release stating that one of their bills for funding was extremely cut.

With the understanding that things happen - I was still hopeful that I would at least have their respect and time to email me back stating they already filled the position or some sort of update.

The interview process was fun and engaging - I thoroughly enjoyed the interview process. I was comfortable and the questions were average interview questions. But because of how they failed to contact me, I am just upset about wasted time spent on an opportunity that I was extremely excited about.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a 5 minute lesson plan on any health topic of my choosing.   Answer Question
    • Personal or professional - explain a time where you were disappointed.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

First was a phone interview, then a skype interview (because I wasn't available to come in person for an interview). I thought the skype interview, which was via Google Hangout, was a really great option for those who cannot make it in person due to school locations and graduation dates. For the virtual interview/ in person interview, you are required to give a short lesson on health directed towards high school students. I felt very comfortable in front of the two interviewers and I was very pleased with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest disappointment in your life?
      What are you most proud of?   Answer Question

HealthCorps Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HealthCorps (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied Online and heard back within 2 weeks after my phone interview I heard back about the second skype interview within 2-3 days. The overall process was straight forward but when asked about the job description each person stated that it depends on the needs of the school.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HealthCorps (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The first step was a phone screening and I was asked questions related to my application, resume and interest in the position. The next step was meeting with the direct supervisor where I was asked questions very specific to the role. It was a very friendly environment and I was given the opportunity to ask as many questions as I wanted. The final step was meeting with the direct supervisor and director of the department. I was asked similar questions to the last interview as well as questions about my work style, interests and passions. It was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple projects and timelines?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary and was given closer to what I wanted.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HealthCorps (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and sent my resume on line. I was connected first with the senior manager. I talked my working experience and education. After that I was interviewed by controller for about half an hour interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is correct. Do thing correctly or do thing in time?
      The related working experience   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HealthCorps (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for position and was contacted two days later to set up a phone interview. After a thirty minute phone interview was told that I would move on to next steps. I was told there would be several steps in the process, but was not given details. I did not hear back about next steps so I reached out a week later. Three days later my email was answered and I was told that I would be contacted that week for next steps. I was contacted by a new person to set up phone interview. That was a thirty minute call. At the end of the call I was told that I would move on to the next steps. I did not hear back again so I reached out exactly one week later. The person who replied was not very nice in the email and said that "As she informed me in the first call the process was multiple steps" I felt badly that I reached out, but as someone who has hired many in the past I felt it was professional of me to reach out for next steps. In the email the person said she would be reaching out by the end of the week to go to next steps after she evaluated feedback. That was a Wednesday. I never heard anything so I sent a Thank you the following Friday. At that point it was safe to assume I would not be hearing back, and wanted to send my best wishes. I admire the company and think what they do is great. I was very surprised to deal with that type of application process and certainly did not expect from such a professional organization. I will say that the President of the company is professional. The staff members that I interacted with were all very nice and professional with the exception of not following through on their timeline that they set.

Interview Questions

• What is your management approach   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HealthCorps.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted roughly a week later via email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview covered basic employment history and experiences. Received an email within the week to set up a skype interview with two of the organization's employees. Questions were standard with challenging scenarios but overall a friendly atmosphere. In person interview with two top officials within the organization had more applicable questions concerning specific situations and took over an hour and a half to complete.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach various situations as a supervisor who came as an outsider to the organization?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HealthCorps.

Interview

You apply and you're scheduled for an interview. During the interview you meet HealthCorps staff (they are very nice and friendly btw) and they ask you questions about your background. After the interview you receive correspondence via email and phone.

Interview Questions

• How would you get resources into your school as a Coordinator?   Answer Question

Healthcorps Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HealthCorps (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

First had to submit a 1 minute health plan video. Then they scheduled an interview with you about a month later. It was a group interview. You had to present a 90sec-2 min health presentation. Then you had about a 15 min 1-1 interview. The interviews were extremely nice. I left feeling confident that I was going to get an offer, but didnt.