HealthMarkets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 4, 2018

1.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HealthMarkets (North Richland Hills, TX).

Interview

1. First round, direct on-site interview, it was around 2 hours, meeting 3 groups of people. First was talking with the IT director, who was very nice and get to point. Second, met with software architectures and a senior developer, friendly people, we talked about the IT team, the workflow... etc. Finally, I met a business analyst and a QA engineer, they were very easy to talk to and they wanted to know how you work with people from requirements to defects.

2. Second round, I met a team member who I didn't have a chance to talk last time, we had general experience talk. Then it was a 1-hour case study to see your system design skill.

Interview Questions

• 1. Background
      2. What can you bring to us compare to other candidates
      3. Do you like to work in a small team or a big team? Talk about it
      4. What's the skill you want to improve most
      5. What are you looking for, how do you see yourself in 5 years
      6. How do you collaborate with QA team to work out bugs   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HealthMarkets in September 2017.

Interview

Initial interview is a presentation about the company done in a group setting.

Follow up interview with the district manager. The interviewer was rude.

I was speaking of my previous experience and mentioned that I had experice cold calling. The interviewer got very defensive and insisted that they didn't do any cold calling and that their customers seek them out not the other way around.

Interviewer also asked a lot of questions about my husband and how he would feel if I made more money than him. I have never been asked such a nonsense question in an interview and was frankly offended by it. He asked my husbands name, where he worked and how much money he made a year. He ended the interview with telling me I should bring my husband to the next interview so he could explain the position and pay to him. This was extremely offensive to me. It felt that the interviewer was implying that I needed my husbands permission to accept the position.

Honestly don't even remember the rest of the interview. After the questions about my husband I didn't want to work for this district manager and was no longer interested in the position or company.

Interview Questions

• How would your husband feel if you make more money than him?   2 Answers
    • Between 1% and 100% how interested are you in the position   Answer Question

Licensed Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HealthMarkets (North Richland Hills, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process is pretty lengthy. It was a maybe a 4 step interview process. The initial phone interview. Then there was a candidate business dinner, where you met other candidates. Then assessment tests and final offer interview.

Interview Questions

• what makes you a good candidate for this position.   1 Answer

Licensed Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HealthMarkets (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews, Job Fair and an assessment testing with a face interview. It was really simple and the Job Fair was helpful. It allowed you to get background information on the company and ask any personal questions that you have. You also got to meet people that work there and get to meet other's that were interested in the positions.

Interview Questions

• What is it that you like about Sales and why sales.   1 Answer

Independent Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Hampton, NH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HealthMarkets (North Hampton, NH).

Interview

Very informative overview of the business opportunity and how agents can get started building an insurance practice and career. Showing you that as an independent agent building your business you have the support and backing of a big company. Healthmarkets

Interview Questions

• Can I work from home and manage my time.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HealthMarkets (New York, NY).

Interview

Not much of an interview at all. More like a recruiting meeting. I've never heard of anyone not being allowed to work for the company. One meets at a hotel conference room.

Interview Questions

• No questions.....Just an information session talking about how wonderful the company is and how rich you are going to be. One has to remember that these are salesmen and they will tell you what you want to hear.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gary, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HealthMarkets (Gary, IN).

Interview

Walking in off the street asking to use the phone and bathroom. It was raining and I was riding my bike. I asked what do you people do here? Everybody was dressed nice and had a car.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to get out of poverty and be able to buy a car instead of riding my bike.   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HealthMarkets (Silver Spring, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with referring agent...who is my insurance agent, recruiter, agency manager. I submitted my resume, recruiter met with me and scheduled an interview with Agency Manager. Overall easy process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about integrity.   1 Answer

Health Insurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HealthMarkets (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

They explained the Job requirements and a question and answer session. They also had two interviews: one with the regional manager and one with the local manager. Last but not least, they wanted to know was I wiling, able and capable of managing a business.

Interview Questions

• Are you a self-starter! And what is your greatest strength.   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HealthMarkets (Manassas, VA).

Interview

I had to attend two offices at two different dates for the interview. Both interviewers were very friendly. They explained me their training opportunities, lead process and other programs which sounded very interesting to me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation opportunity.