HealthMarkets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HealthMarkets (North Richland Hills, TX).

Interview

1. First round, direct on-site interview, it was around 2 hours, meeting 3 groups of people. First was talking with the IT director, who was very nice and get to point. Second, met with software architectures and a senior developer, friendly people, we talked about the IT team, the workflow... etc. Finally, I met a business analyst and a QA engineer, they were very easy to talk to and they wanted to know how you work with people from requirements to defects.

2. Second round, I met a team member who I didn't have a chance to talk last time, we had general experience talk. Then it was a 1-hour case study to see your system design skill.

Interview Questions

• 1. Background
      2. What can you bring to us compare to other candidates
      3. Do you like to work in a small team or a big team? Talk about it
      4. What's the skill you want to improve most
      5. What are you looking for, how do you see yourself in 5 years
      6. How do you collaborate with QA team to work out bugs   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HealthMarkets (Silver Spring, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial recruiting is handled by the recruitment manager. A second interview can be held with one of the sales managers the recruitment manager selects for you. Depending on licensing and carriers their can be a lengthy onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• They will ask questions that determine your sales experience and confidence.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HealthMarkets (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Attend a presentation on the company, opportunity to ask questions about the business followed y 1 on 1 interview with hiring manager. at the end of this process, I was asked to return for another interview reviewing skills related to the required duties.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HealthMarkets (Knoxville, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

On time and professional and answered all my questions. It was individual as opposed to a group interview. I was pleased with the whole process. The environment in the office was professional and positive.

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HealthMarkets (Norwood, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

It was more of a training than an interview. This is a commission only gig. They're almost always going to give you a chance. As long as you have a clean background check (no felonies) you shouldn't have much problem. Sales experience is a plus but not necessary as they'll train you. There is lots of one on one attention.

Interview Questions

• There was almost nothing. They just wanted to know that I'm motivated and if I had an sales experience.   1 Answer

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HealthMarkets (North Richland Hills, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call, then an in person interview, followed by a drug test. Friendly, easy going and comfortable. It was a quick process as the hiring company needed someone asap.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Job skills then they went over what the position entailed.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HealthMarkets.

Interview

Met with the Sales Leader and then the Territory VP. Reviewed information about the company and was asked a few questions. I was coming from a competitor as a top agent, so they were more or less telling me how I'd do well in this company.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HealthMarkets in September 2017.

Interview

Initial interview is a presentation about the company done in a group setting.

Follow up interview with the district manager. The interviewer was rude.

I was speaking of my previous experience and mentioned that I had experice cold calling. The interviewer got very defensive and insisted that they didn't do any cold calling and that their customers seek them out not the other way around.

Interviewer also asked a lot of questions about my husband and how he would feel if I made more money than him. I have never been asked such a nonsense question in an interview and was frankly offended by it. He asked my husbands name, where he worked and how much money he made a year. He ended the interview with telling me I should bring my husband to the next interview so he could explain the position and pay to him. This was extremely offensive to me. It felt that the interviewer was implying that I needed my husbands permission to accept the position.

Honestly don't even remember the rest of the interview. After the questions about my husband I didn't want to work for this district manager and was no longer interested in the position or company.

Interview Questions

• How would your husband feel if you make more money than him?   2 Answers
    • Between 1% and 100% how interested are you in the position   Answer Question

Interview

The interview went very well. Office was clean, staff was gracious and the VP was conscientious about my needs and what I was looking for with this company. I even received a callback from my prospective team leader offering support when I'm ready. I have experience enrolling small businesses in health coverage so this will be a great transition for me as I prefer time freedom and an uncapped income opportunity. Like everything else in life...you get out of it what you put in. I've read negative reviews and even a few ripoff reports on this company. But my guess is that the people who wrote them don't understand that the insurance industry has chargebacks. That's just the nature of the beast. That happens with all insurance agencies who are paid afvance commissions. But If you write good business it will stay on the books especially if you do everything to make sure you develop a relationship with your client and continue to communicate with them after the sale has been completed. I'm looking forward to joining the team.

Interview Questions

• Do I feel comfortable speaking with people about their health and life insurance needs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Honest and reasonable.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HealthMarkets.

Interview

There was no interview. It was just a sales pitch to become an independent contractor that uses their system to sell insurance. They advertised that their top ten first year sale persons averaged 95,000. This sounds pretty good until you take into consideration that this is before taxes and cost of owning a business. Based on this market I could expect to net about $25,000 working 40 hours a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you like to pay your contractor fee?   1 Answer