HealthMarkets Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
HealthMarkets President and CEO Kenneth J. (Ken) Fasola
Kenneth J. (Ken) Fasola

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work from home at your own pace, Lead program, CRM" (in 8 reviews)

• "For those looking for a way to control your income, work hours, work-life balance, HealthMarkets is the right place for you" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "No compensation for enrolling clients in the Health Insurance Marketplace" (in 16 reviews)

• "The existing Sales Leaders appoint Junior" (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Opportunity that you must work at to succeed"

Current Employee - Insurance Broker in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Broker in San Diego, CA

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are your own boss, able to balance family and work, very financially rewarding if you put in the effort, surrounded by great people

Cons

I have no cons for Health Markets. You have to work, success in this business is earned

Advice to Management

I've only met Southern California management. They are all GREAT!!!

2. "Amazing opportunity! Work from home and have a local office to use. Good income if you work hard and follow the process."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Income opportunity is good. Work your own hours. Residule income after a year. Really good training!

Cons

You are self employed so may have to work evenings and weekends at times. Pay is lower to start. Not for someone who needs a paycheck tomorrow.

Advice to Management

Keep putting the agents first.

"Ok place to work"

Pros

Employees are valued and appreciated

Cons

Office Politics can be draining.

"WOW- They Screwed the Agents Yet Again!"

Current Employee - Agent in North Richland Hills, TX
    Current Employee - Agent in North Richland Hills, TX

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

NONE. The leadership is nothing but a bunch of liars & crooks!

Cons

ALL of the Management are nothing more than LIARS & THIEVES! They just stole MILLIONS of dollars from all the agents!

Advice to Management

Well... those crooks just sold thee company to United & cashed out by basically screwing EVERY employee, agent, etc... I guess my only advice would be to enjoy all that money you just stole from everyone.. Unreal.. First Hidebrand steals millions, now Fasola steals millions.

"terrible company"

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time

Pros

being your own boss, but completely mirco managed

Cons

They will train you the wrong way to sell, they try to be sneaky and add a bunch of extras onto peoples coverage. Then they blame the agent even though this is their training process

6. "Great Choice"

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time

Pros

Great company to work with. Training is wonderful, management takes their time to help you succeed.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time

7. "Excellent Leadership and Company Investment for Personal & Professional Growth"

Current Employee - Copy Editor In the Marketing Department in North Richland Hills, TX

I have been working at HealthMarkets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HealthMarkets is a company that truly values its employees. I worked on a contract basis within the marketing department for more than a year before my position was made permanent. But, in that time frame, I was always treated as a valuable, knowledgeable member of the team.

I enjoy coming to work every day because of the great environment our department and company leaders have helped cultivate. My work is both challenging and rewarding, and - most importantly - I can see how my efforts fit into the company's goals and progress. I appreciate the ways in which management promotes personal and professional development. The leadership team takes your personal career goals into consideration work alongside you to help you reach them. I have never worked with such competent and compassionate people!

Another important thing to note: The CEO is very transparent with employees. The company holds meetings throughout the year to address the state of the industry as well as the company's place in it. In these meetings, top leadership sit in a panel form and answer employee-submitted questions. I like this format, and it makes me feel like employees' concerns are heard and considered.

Cons

The company holidays are somewhat limited. However, there are other benefits that far outweigh this con.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! It's working, and your efforts do not go unnoticed.

"Nothing last forever"

I worked at HealthMarkets full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company was great in the beginning, offering quarterly bonuses, company parties, online classes to expand your skills, advancement opportunities, great benefits and management that actually listened to the employees.

Cons

After multi state fines, several rounds of layoffs, outsourcing many departments, the company has never been the same. The only perks left was still being employed.

9. "Perma-crunch"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at HealthMarkets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

honestly can't think of many. management was nice i guess

Cons

underpaid, benefits were not great, IT department relied too much on outside contractors and took on more than it could handle without resorting to spending months upon months in crunch time with frequent unpaid overtime.

Advice to Management

learn the meaning of "work-life balance". grow a spine and push back on the business department.

"It’s what you make of it"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent

I have been working at HealthMarkets part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, full control of your income, CRM, opportunity to work remotely, bonuses. Trips are a nice perk. Many people don’t make it because they don’t put in the effort. If people just picked up the phone and dialed, the money starts coming. First real month for me was last December. I made $5500 that month in my first month of calling and using the leads. Now only 9 months later I average 7k to 8k a month. My book is growing by the day and I will double these numbers in less than another year. No doubt. Has been really nice so far in the short time I’ve been with the company, and I haven’t even started Medicare yet.

Cons

None. You have to work at the job and get on the phone with warm leads. Not for everyone, but those that put in the effort will be rewarded for their efforts.

Advice to Management

I’ll think about this... So far so good