Cover image for Hearst

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Hearst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 282 of over 282 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hearst

Hearst

Application

I interviewed at Hearst

Interview

This book can be used alone, along with another writing-skills text of your choice, or in combination with the LearningExpress publication, Writing Skills Success in 20 Minutes a Day. It will give you practice dealing with capitalization, punctuation, basic grammar, sentence structure, organization, paragraph development, and essay writing. It is designed to be used by individuals working on their own and for teachers or tutors helping students learn or review basic writing skills. Additionally, practicing with 501 Grammar and Writing Questions will greatly alleviate writing anxiet

Interview Questions
  • what did they interview you
    Answer Question

Hearst

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hearst

Interview

Had 3 interviews in which I spoke with two managers separately and then had a mock presentation as my last interview. The mock presentation is you presenting a media plan to an customer but you do not have any info on what they customer wants or needs nor any Hearst products

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you overcome it?

Hearst

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hearst

Interview

Spoke with the recruiter than 2 more rounds. they were really nice but i wasn't that qualified. i think if you prepare well you'll be able to get it without the final round

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Hearst (London, England) in Oct 2022

Interview

The application was lengthy and honestly, I think they only pick out English-sounding names meaning, they may not hire POC. It's a shame really as companies such as this needs some diversity.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in Jul 2022

Interview

I applied online for a freelance position, heard back a week later then proceeded to have three virtual interviews with the recruiter, manager, and director. The process was pretty straightforward online.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hearst

Application

I interviewed at Hearst

Interview

It was a long time ago but I remember the interview was quite casual but a real focus on creative ideas and what you can bring to the table. Good team energy

Hearst

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hearst

Interview

Amazing- so nice and asked good questions! Made me feel Comfortable. Explained the job well and why it was important to have all the required skills. Engaging despite being over video.

Interview Questions
  • What are your weaknesses and strengths

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in Jul 2022

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me for this role I didn’t contact them . When I interviewed with the hiring manager they kept asking me why I would want this role . Without really reviewing the potential inherent in the role . I shifted to how I could add value . However as I soon uncovered the job description was positioned as a head of analytics with broader responsibilities but it was only for one small aspect of the business . The role didn’t have all of the component functions that are part of an analytics team. Also the role reported to a title chief product officer that is from the 1950s production era with no focus on customer centricity. What is worse is that the hiring manager who spent more time trying to convince himself why I was too experienced didn’t even have the professional courtesy to have the recruiting team follow up to close out the process. Which I found to be highly unprofessional considering Hearst initiated contact . My sense is Hearst corporation is unprofessional and swarmy. Not what I would expect from such an allegedly prestigious brand in terms of professionalism . I don’t recommend interviewing with this company . The recruiting process needs improvement .

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hearst

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hearst in Jun 2022

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter to talk about the role. After a brief chat we decided to set up an interview. Very little context was given about the role or what I will be doing and they said I will learn more in the interview. I go into the interview and my interviewers obviously had a very little idea about data and analytics and gave very little insight into what I would be doing. In fact they started the interview thinking I was applying for a management role completely different to data analytics. When asked how interested I was in keeping up interviewing I basically said I was not interested. Why would I be excited to join a company where the management team did not seem at all interested in talking to me?

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your day to day in your current role? How do you wish to grow as analyst? Why are you looking to switch firms?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hearst (London, England) in Jun 2022

Interview

Went via a recruitment consultant. First interview was arranged. I turned up on the video call and no one was there, 15 minutes went by before I was told that they couldn't make it. Another time arranged, interview was a video call. Lasted 30 mins. Very rushed interview A bit of an American approach to interview questions. Interview seemed to go ok, was told i would get feedback on next stage by the end of the week, i have still had no feedback, have been ghosted by them. No communication from them despite chasing a number of times. Terrible. Gives an indication of the type of company that it is.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 282 Interviews

Hearst Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Hearst as 50.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.55 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Marketing Manager and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Account Executive and Sales Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Hearst takes an average of 20 days when considering 258 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Account Executive had the quickest hiring process (on average 11 days), whereas Intern roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 15 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Hearst according to 258 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 28.05%