Hearst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 247 of over 247 interviews

Employee Referral13%
Recruiter11%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

What people are saying about Hearst

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Hearst

Application

I interviewed at Hearst

Interview

I was given a straightforward and quick response to application, and had the help of a great recruiter. It was a basic interview. Assignment was included in the process. Ultimately didn’t receive a response to my follow up.

Interview Questions
  • What is your SEO background?
    Answer Question

Hearst

Application

I interviewed at Hearst

Interview

Applied with brief cover letter, resume, and three published clips via email after seeing posting on Twitter. Was contacted by the editor a week or so later, did a Zoom interview, and then an edit test.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in Aug 2021

Interview

Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn. The first round was a phone screen with the recruiter. The second round was a 30 min Zoom interview with the hiring director. The final round was a 45 min interview with two other directors. I didn't hear back for a week so I followed up with the recruiter who informed me I was still in the running and would hear back when a decision was made. He never followed up after that. The interviews were pretty straight forward and included basic behavioral questions. Strong knowledge of the specific brand / service is helpful.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoke-on-Trent, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hearst (Stoke-on-Trent, England, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

First round: interview with a recruiter, followed by a take-home writing sample exercise Second round: informal group interview Third round: Provide professional references Then I received a job offer Interview was very laid back and conversational, very refreshing. Ultimately I declined due to pay. If you have a technical writing background, the pay is likely competitive. If you come from a retail automotive background, expect a large paycut.

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe the writing style necessary for BaT listings?

Hearst

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hearst

Interview

Great! Super organized and quick response! It was great to learn more about the company and the Marketing team growth throughout the past year. I felt heard and all ny questions were answered throughout.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hearst

Application

I interviewed at Hearst

Interview

Was very come in, let's get this over with. Not much else to say. At a certain level, you don't just accept jobs for the title or paycheck, you accept jobs that you can pour into and be replenished from.

Interview Questions
  • The interview itself wasn't difficult. It was managing around the very apparent "my mind is already made up" attitude of the interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY)

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn, we had a convo on the phone, then I had an in-person interview with the director, followed by an interview with the deputy editor.

Interview Questions
  • What are some trends you’ve been seeing in the (blank) space?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY)

Interview

Phone interview with HR then video interview with VP. After being given positive feedback, didn't hear anything for a bit so followed up with HR after 2 wks who just ghosted me - extremely rude and unprofessional and not expected from such a coveted company, huge turn off. And the job keeps being reposted so nearly 2 months after my interview they still haven't hired someone.

Interview Questions
  • Were there any competitors for former companies you've worked for?

Hearst

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Hearst in Jul 2021

Interview

The recruiter reached out over LinkedIn for me to answer some questions. An eventual follow-up call was scheduled (it was a month later but they explained they had been OOO). Met with the recruiter, and it went well and then the first interview with the hiring manager was scheduled for the same week. The hiring manager was very personable and clearly is overwhelmed with her workload (she kept mentioning it). Two weeks pass, and I had another interview with the hiring manager, she was late and then started sharing her management frustrations with members of the team (people who would be my colleagues), even mentioning one by name (ummmmm). If I wasn't put off already, she then asked if I was applying to other director-level roles, which I thought was pretty condescending considering my level of experience. She also kept mentioning they had a lot of internal candidates so I started to get the feeling my interviews were just checking a box. Another two weeks pass and I get an email on a Saturday night cutting me from the process telling me it's difficult to get into the organization. Time total: applied in mid-April and was cut in mid-July.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in working at Hearst?
1 person found this interview helpful

Hearst

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hearst in Jul 2021

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter, because they saw my application for a different role and liked my resume. Quick process. Zoom interview with two people that I'd be reporting to. Very pleasant conversation, the interviewers were very nice and laid back. Was asked some general questions about my experience as well as more pointed ones about modern journalism techniques (e.g. SEO). After that, I was sent an edit test. Was given 4 days to complete it, which was generous (in a good way! The right amount of time). My recruiter stayed in touch the whole time, she was incredibly helpful. Overall, very good process. I felt properly vetted, but not worried that I would be overly scrutinized for every little thing on my resume.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 247 Interviews