Hearst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Photography Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

It is in a really nice building and the test kitchens are amazing. The main responsibilities are assisting photographers with the shooting process, arranging the food and some kitchen devices.

Assistant Managing Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I met with the Managing Editor for a first round, then came back for a second round with the Executive Editor and Editor in Chief. There was quite a bit of time between the two, and a long period of silence after the second round.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in managing workflow and how do you approach editors about deadlines?   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview consisted of two phone screenings and two in-person interviews. First contact screening with the recruiter, then spoke with the director via phone, then met the director and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What does optimisation mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast paced environment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself from the start of your career, up until what you are working on now.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hearst (Buffalo, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Three step process. First a personal phone interveiw, then a technical phone interveiw, then finially an in-person interveiw. I only got to participate i the personal phone interview. I felt it went well but they must have been looking for something else. The woman i spoke with was friendly and very informative about the company and the buffalo area.

Interview Questions

• Describe a chalenging project you've worked on.
      descrbe yourself.
      How much are you looking to make?   Answer Question

Learning & Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial meeting was with a recruiter and then met with the head of the department. I was invited to do a presentation in front of a team of HR representatives for them to rate my presentation skills.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

3 round onsite interview, each round takes 45 min, first round: general OOP questions, how to debug in certain situations, second round: whiteboard coding, last round: system design

Interview Questions

• Design a counter to calculate social media likes   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY).

Interview

Technical Phone call with Senior Engineer
    onsite Interview
        Technical interview with Subteam (Panel)
         Class Design interview with Senior Software Engineer
         Wrap up interview with Director

Interview Questions

• Whats the difference between an iterator and a generator (phone)
      walk us through how you would implement a portion of our site(onsite)   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

One on one interview with social media lead at Town and Country for a freelance position. Very polite and non- intimidating. The interview was held in her office in New York City.

Interview Questions

• Do you use Snapchat messaging to communicate with your friends.   1 Answer

Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a really simple interview. There weren't any questions that caught me off guard. I thought I didn't get it because it was so short and nothing special, but I did get the offer and the job, so that might be how all their interviewing is like.

Advertising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hearst (Charlotte, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

There was no interview. The staffing agency contacted me regarding the referenced position. I negotiated the salary but to find out everyone was making the same amount. The hiring process was simple.