Hearst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.6

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY).

Interview

I went through two rounds of phone interviews and was brought it for the last round to the main office. The interviews were very upfront and I felt comfortable.

Associate Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview focused on my ability to generate reports, understand social media and it's challenges, etc. No one followed up with me or answered my emails after the interview. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What alerting tools do you use? How do you generate and communicate a report to show stakeholders/manager?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hearst.

Interview

Interview was more like a conversation. Not too much pressure, but enough to make sure you answered quickly with applicable answers. There were 2 different interviews with two different managers. They try to get a feel for your personality, not just your skill and education.

Interview Questions

Interview

Took three separate interviews before I was given a task to make sure I was fit for the position. They did not reimburse for my travel (I took a $40 dollar train three times from my university).

Digital Media Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hearst in March 2017.

Interview

Waste of time. 2 in-person interviews and they present you a design "test." You basically waste hours of your life designing for them with no compensation. No response afterwards. Typical.

Freelance Motion Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I got interview email three weeks later after I submitting my resume on Indeed.
    two people interviewed with me.
    It is a short interview: introduce yourself, watch your demo reel and introduce your previous work experience.
    They give you a design test after interview.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screening by someone unrelated to my team, phone call with manager, in person interview with manager, their manager, and site director. Overall was unnecessarily intimidating, but then again that's the vibe of the company as a whole. I felt in general the questions were not difficult, it was just the attitude that was off.

Interview Questions

• Asked me for multiple franchise concepts   1 Answer

Data Science Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by the internal recruiter right away to set up a phone interview. Did the phone interview and then was invited in for an in-person that was going to have a technical test. I was supposed to meet with 3 people in-person but one of them had a meeting so I only met with two and did the technical test. Technical test went fine and they told me I would definitely hear back...you know what's coming next.

After not hearing anything for a week I contacted the recruiter and she didn't respond. So I waited another week and tried calling her. No response to that either.

Assistant Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hearst.

Interview

The interview process itself was fairly simple - the person I spoke with seemed pleasant, and we had a fairly smooth conversation. They asked me to complete an edit test for consideration, which I completed and submitted a day later but never heard from them again. This was frustrating, to say the very least.

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

HR rep emailed me to set up a phone interview. After a phone interview same HR rep called me numerous times and emailed to set up second phone interview. After second phone interview I emailed HR rep to learn about feedback. HR rep never emailed me back! Never heard from them again! HR doesn't have a courtesy to email back with any feedback! Very unprofessional.