Hearst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2018

2.5

Photography Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

It is in a really nice building and the test kitchens are amazing. The main responsibilities are assisting photographers with the shooting process, arranging the food and some kitchen devices.

Assistant Managing Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I met with the Managing Editor for a first round, then came back for a second round with the Executive Editor and Editor in Chief. There was quite a bit of time between the two, and a long period of silence after the second round.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in managing workflow and how do you approach editors about deadlines?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hearst (Buffalo, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Three step process. First a personal phone interveiw, then a technical phone interveiw, then finially an in-person interveiw. I only got to participate i the personal phone interview. I felt it went well but they must have been looking for something else. The woman i spoke with was friendly and very informative about the company and the buffalo area.

Interview Questions

• Describe a chalenging project you've worked on.
      descrbe yourself.
      How much are you looking to make?   Answer Question

Learning & Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial meeting was with a recruiter and then met with the head of the department. I was invited to do a presentation in front of a team of HR representatives for them to rate my presentation skills.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

3 round onsite interview, each round takes 45 min, first round: general OOP questions, how to debug in certain situations, second round: whiteboard coding, last round: system design

Interview Questions

• Design a counter to calculate social media likes   1 Answer

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

One on one interview with social media lead at Town and Country for a freelance position. Very polite and non- intimidating. The interview was held in her office in New York City.

Interview Questions

• Do you use Snapchat messaging to communicate with your friends.   1 Answer

Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a really simple interview. There weren't any questions that caught me off guard. I thought I didn't get it because it was so short and nothing special, but I did get the offer and the job, so that might be how all their interviewing is like.

Advertising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hearst (Charlotte, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

There was no interview. The staffing agency contacted me regarding the referenced position. I negotiated the salary but to find out everyone was making the same amount. The hiring process was simple.

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hearst (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was very brief and friendly. I spoke with three people on the team and they asked questions about my interests and where I see myself in a few years.

Interview Questions

• What background do you have in ad operations?   1 Answer

Advertising Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hearst.

Interview

Had an interview scheduled, was e-mailed 10 minutes before saying it needed to be rescheduled, to which I never heard a reply. Nothing worse than an interviewer who doesn't respect your time.