Hearts On Fire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hearts On Fire

2.9

Senior Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hearts On Fire (Boston, MA) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied online, heard from HR in about a week and did a phone interview with her. That went well and was pretty easy as most HR interviews are in my opinion a waste of time and just screening to see if you have a pulse, I asked about the salary range and she told me she had no idea. Scheduled a phone interview with the technical director and he called me an hour late, made up an excuse saying he had a meeting that ran late and asked if id like to reschedule. Not wanted to burn more of my time because at this point if you cant call me on time that's a huge red flag to me and I probably wouldn't have taken the job. We spoke for about 45 minutes and he asked basic questions. Asked him why they were hiring a quality manager and what the role was, he explained they don't manufacturer anything but simply buy it from someone else over seas, shocker. At the end when asked if I would be interested in the role I asked him what the salary expectations were as HR told me to ask him and he told me he had no idea because it was a new position. Overall disorganized and not impressive for a senior position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever set up quality parameters before?   1 Answer

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hearts On Fire in June 2018.

Interview

I had a phone screen with HR then a 3-hour interview onsite with the manager and team members. Everyone was very nice and professional. The one piece of constructive criticism was that they did not stick to their deadlines.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hearts On Fire (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Meet with over 8 people, spent the entire day in office. Had a wonderful lunch and learned so much. Was tested on visual and
    Mathematic skill set, interviews with key stake holders through CEO, CEO and founder.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hearts On Fire.

Interview

Responded to job posting (found on Craigslist, which made me skeptical, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt). I heard back from HR contact the next day and scheduled an initial phone interview. Our e-mail correspondence was fine, but when we were on the phone, it was obvious she was extremely awkward - not a desirable trait for someone tasked with recruiting and interviewing candidates. Our 30-minute conversation wasn't centered around me, my experience, or skills, but rather, the process I use when applying for jobs. She was more interested in hearing what sites I use (Indeed, Monster, etc) than me as a candidate. Very odd, I felt like she was looking for recruiting tips. This was a huge turn off but she was knowledgeable about the company and what the position entailed, for the most part.

The next day, she e-mails me and invites me in for a panel interview with herself and 3 marketing executives. We set up a time, I show up, and the interview takes off. I first meet with her and she proceeds to ask even MORE questions about my employment search - really? Finally I have to discuss myself, my abilities, etc with the 3 executives, and I hit it off with all of them - making casual conversation, laughing, all of the good signs. I then have to take an extremely tedious/outdated/unnecessary skills "assessment," which honestly felt more like the SATs. In general when companies resort to this, especially for a salaried position, it's a turnoff. Then I had to fill out a written job application, answering questions, listing references, and giving a salary requirement. An hour later and I'm done, ending my whopping 4 hour-long visit.

About a week later and I hear back from the HR coordinator for a third and final interview (hooray!). I show up, and she was absent - understandable, but the HR woman who filled in her place had no idea what to do with me - where should we go, what room is available? Very awkward and she was clearly unprepared for my interview. Finally I meet 5 people, 2 of which are the graphic designers, 2 other marketing coordinators, and then the head of the department. Graphic designers had no idea what to say - they were nice enough, but lots of awkward silence and I had to lead the conversation, which was unfortunate. Marketing coordinators were very nice and I could see myself working with them, even though they asked the most textbook interview questions and were obviously unskilled with the interviewing process. The last person I met with, the head of the department....ugh. When you get that feeling you're wasting someone's time because they have to interview you, it's obvious. I waited for 10-15 minutes for her, and when she finally arrived, she plunked down in her chair and let out a big sigh - she was ready for a nap. Her phone was out on the table and she must have checked it 10 times throughout our "interview." I tried to ask questions, learn more about her role within the company - she couldn't be bothered, honestly. This interaction really shot my confidence and ended my 3 hour visit there on a low note.

Still, I thought I had a shot. I had completed the interviewing process, hit it off really well with my would-be-coworkers, and meshed well with the company culture. Unfortunately, they thought otherwise. I think their rejection had a lot to do with my salary requirements. I viewed this as an entry level marketing position, but they were looking more for a glorified administrative assistant they could pay a little above minimum wage. Talk about a bait-and-switch. It was only in retrospect that I clearly saw the warning signs - college degree wasn't required, vague job description, speaking in generalities when asked direct questions. Resentful they wasted my time with a third interview when they clearly weren't going to pay me what I required. I guess that's what you get for answering a job listing on Craigslist - a cheap company that won't pay for a Monster account, or a respectable salary.

Director of Technology Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hearts On Fire.

Interview

Two separate days of interviews. People were friendly and appear to have a strong regard for each other.

After spending the majority of the day for my second visit, I received no feedback whatsoever. There has been zero response to my outreach or any followup from our discussions. Very unprofessional, especially in the case of seeking a leader.

Indeed it is true that interviewing works both ways. If this is how they handle recruiting a potential member of their team, I'm happy to avoid what is likely going on behind the curtain. I would expect that HOF cared more about their reputation than this.

Interview Questions

• How would you use technology to compensate for stores entering bad data?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hearts On Fire (Bicester, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

We went to the local coffee shop. Management read questions from a piece of paper. Laughed at my previous salary. Was quite impersonable, which is not ideal from management of a customer service position.

Interview Questions

• Sell this bottle of juice to me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hearts On Fire in July 2011.

Interview

I got a phone call from the HR woman to set up a time to come in, was very difficult to follow as this person sounded hyper and all over the place. Came in for the interview, on time, and waited for about 30 minutes in the lobby. Met with the VP of Marketing, got along well and talked a lot about my experiences and the job and company. Everything sounded great until...We talked further about how we knew a lot of the same people, which I thought would have been a plus.

Next, the HR woman came in and we talked a lot about the same thing. I honestly don't understand how some of these people end up in their jobs because in HR you should be a people person, and not completely awkward, but it was, but I learned a lot about the company, seemed just like any other company. Next I was told I would receive a test via email that I would have to take. I believe a personality test. I took it and was completely turned off by the fact that they have to use a computer to figure out if someone is a good fit.

Weeks and weeks have gone by and I have heard nothing, but the best part is that I was let go from my current job exactly a week after meeting with Hearts on Fire.

All in all, very unprofessional the way that my confidential information was handled, couldn't trust them with that, and don't know if I could trust their product.

Interview Questions

• If we were to hire you, would you be able to come in and hit the ground running?   1 Answer