Heffernan Insurance Brokers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Heffernan Insurance Brokers (Walnut Creek, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

After interviewing with the department manager, I also received the opportunity to meet with two other current employees in different roles to get a good overall of workplace dynamic. The questions asked of me were more of a personality feel rather than a skills review.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Heffernan Insurance Brokers (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

I was referred to this company by a friend and was contacted for an interview shortly after submitting my resume. Upon arriving for the interview, I was met by staff that were curtious and polite giving me an immedicate positive feeling about the company. I met with the manager of the department whom I worked with at a previous employer. She was familiar with my background and primarily focused on what would be expected in the current open position. She was very thorough with explaining the company philosophy and benefits. I then met the branch manager on the same day. An offer was made the next day and I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple and short.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Heffernan Insurance Brokers (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

fairly long- multiple interviews with the same person as well as other regional managers. The company is fairly close-knit, so everyone's opinion is considered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation- basic sales position. Once you get formulized, it's much more of a "kill what you eat" scenario.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heffernan Insurance Brokers in February 2016.

Interview

It started with a LinkedIn cold application for a summer internship at Heffernan Insurance Brokers. I drove up and interviewed with the Walnut Creek office. They ask you your strengths and weaknesses. They also ask you your pitch and life story.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my previous experience at another insurance agency in the past doing benefits.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Heffernan Insurance Brokers.

Interview

Met with the Branch Manager for breakfast- reviewed job description and past experience. The company sounded so interesting and never looked back His only concern was that his "assistant" and I are were/are both strong willed. Ended up that we work so well as a team.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to take on all of the business by yourself as nobody else will be in your department. Yes, with 15 years experience (at the time), it would be fine   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Heffernan Insurance Brokers (Walnut Creek, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with their Walnut Creek, Palo Alto and San Francisco offices and was not that impressed.

Interview Questions

• They just wanted to know the income size of business that would follow you. That's all. Anytime a broker is just interested in that element, I'm no longer interested. I checked and they don't have a great reputation with producers. A lot of turn-over in the producer jobs.   1 Answer

Employee Benefits Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heffernan Insurance Brokers (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with HR director and went through general resume questions. I then met with office manager to answer specific questions about qualifications for the role. I met with various members of the team and was given a good feel about the company and its culture.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will specifically add value to the Heffernan team?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heffernan Insurance Brokers.

Interview

The interview process was formal, met with Commerical Lines Manager, and Commerical Lines Manger to be, as well as Branch manager. One interview with all. It's a casual environment in the office, easy going, as are the people. Very easy to communicate with.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult. They spoke of what was expected, how the processes worked and if it was something i would be interested in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I explained what was needed for me to make a move at that time. They countered right there and hired me.

Benefits Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heffernan Insurance Brokers (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

The process was pretty standard, until it got weird, with the top dawg. Then it was shown to be predatory, stating one pay grade and offering far less, not competitive. Not to mention, trying to steal young agents books... It's the classic predatory firm, we pay you 40k, you have to make us 100k to keep that 40k and you leave with nothing no matter what.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make   1 Answer

Human Engagement Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Heffernan Insurance Brokers (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

Overall, I had thought it was a positive interview. However, the person who was going to interview me was late by 15 minutes which was irritating. The person who interviewed me was friendly and we were being sociable and friendly. Everything seemed fabulous! The next thing that happened stumped me, I got an email that said I wasn't offered the position. I figured that they had had someone else already picked out or something like that, which if the case, extremely unprofessional and a total waste of time. I asked for an explanation but, of course none was given.