Heil Trailer International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Heil Trailer International

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Had me make a day trip up to the facility to show me their operation so that I knew the environment that I would be working in. Gave me a tour or the facility and showed off their capabilities. Then they confirmed that I could use AutoCAD by asking me to draw a few parts for them. Asked me some questions about experience and school. Then they got to know me to make sure that I was a good fit.

Lean Coordinator (Senior Industrial Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Heil Trailer International (Athens, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and went through several phone interviews. Required an extensive introduction letter. Traveled almost 100 miles round-trip for the interview with taking a (half-day vacation) and they awarded it to an internal candidate. Who asks someone to take vacation and travel on their own expense when they are still considering internal candidates?!?!

Interview Questions

• detailed lean manufacturing questions from three panels   Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatesville, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heil Trailer International (Gatesville, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Meet the heads of the buisness discussed my experience, my my strengths and weakness's past emlpoyers, reason for leaving, skills, can use Microsoft, mores so Excel, what % of time are you willing to do, refrences, when I could,could start,if i had transportaion, where do you see yourself in 5 years if the could contact my last employer, are you famalir with are company ect...

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heil Trailer International (Athens, TN) in July 2013.

Interview

All day interview and plant tour with multiple employees and supervisors . There was not a lot of time for the interview process after the plant tour and viewing the products produced

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatesville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Heil Trailer International (Gatesville, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with two one-on-one interviews with different engineers. Asked very basic interview questions about former experience, commitment to the company, and location preferences. Basic questions included: What are your top two strengths, what are your top two weaknesses? Do you like working by yourself or in a team?

Perceptions: Lack of international opportunities available due to small family feel. Everyone seemed to know and actually like each other, including the shop hands. The people who interviewed me seemed awesome, and were really the driving force behind my consideration of the offer.

Advice: They are looking for someone willing to commit to several years in Gatesville, which they are perfectly wiling to tell you. You will be given plenty of time to learn the trailer business.

Interview Questions

The money offered was not enough compared to other opportunities.