Helmerich & Payne Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Sort:

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Helmerich & Payne (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Talked to them at a job fair in early September but didn't interview until January. The interview was behavioral based but they start by asking you if you have any questions for them rather than doing this at the end.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember any questions it was over a year ago. Nothing to out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Helmerich & Payne.

Interview

The interview process is very formal and relaxing. Interview with a manager and lead, not bad with the interview questions and they make you feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What you know about the company, about yourself and what you can do if you're hire. Just a few technical questions.   1 Answer

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Helmerich & Payne (Tulsa, OK) in August 2014.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward, they just asked why I wanted to work there and asked about my previous work experience. They made me feel comfortable and they were very inviting

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Helmerich & Payne in March 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with human resources. Afterwards I will do a in person interview with the Supply Chain group in Tulsa. The company will most likely ask you to fly out and participate in.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Helmerich & Payne (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Simple interview with two employees who asked very simple and regular interview questions. Also very relaxed, and smooth interview process. They seemed to not communicate the process of the interview as well until I contacted them to ask what was going on.

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Helmerich & Payne (Tulsa, OK) in June 2013.

Interview

short. the manager (15+ years with the company) was a complete joke and didn't even know who the insurance provider was. all in all they were very unprepared and unprofessional

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Helmerich & Payne (Odessa, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

There really wasnt one. I was mislead about wage - 3 dollars less, per diem-none, and the location of the work. The drug screen and physical were done in an off site location in mass.

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Helmerich & Payne (Odessa, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Not a whole lot to the process, interviewed with the superintendent then went through a whole crap load of classes (about 3 days worth) Really intensive physical evaluation as well as drug screening. Not intense at all. If they are looking to hire, you'll get hired on the spot. If they aren't hiring, they probably won't even take an application

Negotiation

No real negotiation, they offered more than I expected

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Helmerich & Payne (Grand Junction, CO) in August 2018.

Interview

Went to a walk in interview in Albuquerque and spoke with recruiter, then kept in contact with the recruiter and landed an interview in grand junction colorado (closer to my home) the interview itself was a great environment and superintendent and driller were awesome to talk with. So excited to be apart of h&p!

Floorhand Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Helmerich & Payne.

Interview

I drove 500 miles without any compensation only to do a 5 minute interview and get an immediate no. What pissed me off the most was I spent a lot of time preparing for this interview and spent my own time and money to drive over there, and then the thugs who interviewed me didn't even bother to read my resume or have my application packet in front of them. Highly unprofessional and would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• Could people get hurt at your last job?   1 Answer