Henkel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2018

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Henkel (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call and auto email less than a week later to do a 30 min phone screen. Was given the recruiter's first name only. She was very scripted and asked basic employment questions to start off like why did you apply for this position, how did you find this, are you legally allowed to work in the U.S. Then went to basic questions basically confirming all basic info on your resume like positions and dates you worked there. Was asked yes or no questions.
    When she got to the portion where we were able to ask questions every one I asked they "weren't given that information" therefore could answer nothing. Also when I asked if I may follow up with her on my status, she said I'll give you a customer service line to call. Right, you are given that in a canned email. Once I was to this point, I knew this was going nowhere. Interview was 15 minutes if that.

I was throughly disappointed with the initial step in this process. The person doing the recruiting had no idea or was not allowed to give any details on the nature of the role. All questions asked can be found on your resume. What a waste of time.

As someone who is very familiar with this company and industry, I would not recommend anyone else waste their time with this process.

Interview Questions

• What about your experience makes you think you are qualified for this role?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Henkel.

Interview

The process consisted of an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager, some of the hiring manager peers (different functions) and the human resources representative.

Interview Questions

• Mostly focused on resume history. Some specific technical questions related to the position.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Screening and interview process are fairly sterile. Screening is done by a central HR who did not seem equipped with details about the role or division. Not a bad experience, but less personal than others I’ve experienced.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume/career history, why are you pursuing this role?   Answer Question

Leadership Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Hill, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Henkel (Rocky Hill, CT) in December 2017.

Interview

1) Phone Interview
    2) Skype Interview
    -10 min presentation about why Henkel should choose you
    -40 min of questions by a 4-person panel, mostly behavioral and background questions
    -Time for questions at the end.

E-Commerce Sales Manager Interview

Interview

I'm hoping that writing this review will get a message to the HR management, since I'm not sure how else to reach them...

I would have loved to interview with these guys, but they kept dropping the ball. Here's what happened: I applied to the e-commerce sales manager role for their Jet and Walmart accounts, I get a call from a recruiter, I pick up, and she wants to do an interview right then and there. I tell her I can't (because I'm at work), and she says she will email me this afternoon to set up another time. 3 days go by, no e-mail. So I call her back, and she seems to have totally forgotten about me, no recollection that we spoke or that she was going to e-mail me. But we speak for 5 minutes, and now she wants to set up a full length phone screen to discuss this role. Great, I give her a time, we agree to it, she says she will call me then. The time comes for our interview, she completely stands me up, no call or email or anything. I call her and get no answer. BUT, then, to top it all off, later that day she calls me, and since I'm at work, and she leaves me a voice mail saying "hi **** this is **** calling from Henkel, I had your resume come across my desk and I wanted to call to set up some time to discuss this position with you..." MEANING SHE HAD NO RECOLLECTION OF TALKING TO ME OR THAT SHE STOOD ME UP FOR AN INTERVIEW THAT MORNING!!!!!!! It's mind blowing, I am pursuing other roles and work full time, so I can't keep playing this game with them and won't pursue this role any further.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or complain here, but I really hope this review does reach someone in their HR management so they know what's happening in their recruiting offices. I am employed full time and have a busy family life, etc., so every time I take a call outside of my office in my car, I am leaving my desk at work, which I'm sure my employer notices. Every time I take a phone interview in the morning, I am late that day to work, which I KNOW my employer notices. These are things I'm willing to sacrifice when I am pursuing a job, but when the company I'm interviewing with can't respect that, I can't afford to interview with them further.

Henkel Response

Oct 17, 2017 – Manger Talent Acquistion

Thank you for your feedback. Henkel’s goal is to ensure that all candidates have a positive experience as they go through the selection process. We will look into the situation further.
    We... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Henkel (Bloomington, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my local college career fair on campus and was then contacted that I would be scheduled to meet with an associate on campus. I then completed a 30 minute interview with a Henkel associated who had just recently been on the job.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Henkel (Stamford, CT) in October 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard process - I applied online and was contacted by the recruitment team, which was followed by a phone conversation with the brand team. While there were some delays, the recruitment team was excellent about following up and providing feedback in time - which I, as a candidate, truly appreciate.

Interview Questions

• Overview of compliance questions followed by behavioral questions, going over background, each of my roles   Answer Question
    • How would your friends describe you?
      How would you describe yourself?
      Name a time you had a goal which you couldn't complete, how would you do it differently?
      Give an example of a time when you didn't have enough data, how did you handle it?
      Greatest accomplishment so far?
      Describe leadership style, how does it help?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Henkel (Salisbury, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied on line sometime during the last week of July 2017 and was rejected almost within days. I understood their decision, since I was from a different chemical industry although the requirement for this position was very rudimentary. In fact anybody with a chemical engineering degree and experienced in running a process line would have made this first cut. I had a masters in Chem. Eng. but my bachelors was another branch of Eng. but related.
    But lo and behold, in about 3 to 4 weeks, I got a call from the position’s ‘hiring manager’ who went over my resume, my interests and other details at a pretty thorough level. We even spoke about one of my graduate school professors who happened to be known to the manager. At the end of the conversation I was told that they had some internal candidates to pass through first and would get back if they wanted to proceed further. Again, I did not expect much to happen.
    In about another two weeks I got a call from the manager saying that it would take more time for them to decide and I was free to look for other opportunities. It’s needless to say that I didn’t expect this call either.
    In another fortnight or so, I got a call from the same gentleman and an onsite interview got scheduled with few other persons (director and HR included) and groups along with a presentation from my side.
    I went there and presented some slides on what I was doing (process) then and what I did for my graduate thesis. But to my dismay I found that all the interviewers in unison attacked only one point. “That I was from a different industry from theirs”. Although I tried to convince that in these seven years I did have the opportunity to work in three distinct process operations and that it wasn’t at all difficult for me to pick up the strings at the new environment, but I felt they liked to stick to their point, nevertheless (may be they had a candidate selected already)

Isn’t that strange?

Everybody knew what was there on my resume and for God’s sake I had already spoken thrice with the departmental manager before my visit there, on the details of this position.
    Anyways, I sent out a thank you letter after the more than three hour interview thanking all of them by name and also expressed my gratitude for the lunch they provided.

It has been almost eight weeks since my interviews (Sept. end), I haven’t heard back from Henkel in spite of follow up email and phone call to the manager with whom I spoke four times in total.

Do we have a name for this sort of culture of not getting back to a candidate with the outcome of an interview in a professional engineering set up?

Interview Questions

• That I was from a different industry from theirs   1 Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Henkel in September 2017.

Interview

Met with a representative at a conference and had a behavioral interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes and asked for responses to be in STAR story format. The interviewer took notes that would then be passed on to the hiring manager.

Director Finance National Brands Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Henkel (Stamford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

The lady didn't show up for 40 minutes to phone interview. I called HR hotline of Stamford, CT location. HR people rached out to the person who was supposed to call me. She thne calls me 45 min later to reschedule but I informed I could still do the interview as I was already waiting for it. She then asked me the questions like salary requirements, relo need, US work permit and if I would need sponsorship the same questions that I had already filled in the application. Finally she had my old resume wasn't even prepared to ask me real questions or didn't say a word about henkel or the position. Then I get an email today from her saying that I was not meeting the requirements. She didn't ask me anything different than the application I filled so I am wondering if that application didn't meet requirements why did she select me for a phone interview. Worst is that she told me before that she had meetings and technical issues that is why she was 40 min late. But at the end of the phone interview it slipped out of her mouth that she locked herself out due to password issues and she was resolving her problem with IT. Very unprofessional interview very bad for henkel's image as a brand.

Interview Questions

• Salary requirements and visa status   2 Answers