Henkel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.9

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Henkel (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

took a couple months but the process itself was amazing, I was even introduced to the group I would potentially working for. I would highly recommend applying for a Henkel position!

Interview Questions

• typical questions, and some situational questions involving customers   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Henkel (Madison Heights, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied thru Glassdoor; had a good telephone interview with their ADP recruiter; had a great in person interview 2 days later with HR and two VPs. I followed up with everyone in the interview but only head back from one VP who said it went well. After one month of hearing nothing, I was notified by automated email that my application was not successful because my profile did not match the position. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult co-worker. How do you handle difficult, unexpected situations in the workplace.   Answer Question

PRISM Roational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Henkel (Bridgewater, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Had an on campus interview after the career fair at my university. I got invited to the second round, with a full day of interviews on-site at their Bridgewater location. It was a positive experience and I learned a lot all the products Henkel manufactures, currently awaiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• A customer reports back to you that one of our adhesives inst working, what do you do?   Answer Question

QC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Henkel (Salisbury, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

I had to briefly describe myself and the laboratory skills that I had previous experiences with. Then we began the question part of the interview and followed by if I had questions myself.

Interview Questions

• If some piece of machinery or equipment were break, what would you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Henkel.

Interview

Discussed items and experience on my resume. Additionally asked behavioral questions to determine if I was a good fit for the group. Overall straight forward interview. Getting the interview is the hardest part. In my opinion, the interview is to determine if you are a good fit, if you get an interview, then they already believe you are qualified for the job.

Rotational Field Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Henkel (Madison Heights, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and received an email saying they would like to do a phone interview. After the phone interview I was asked to come on sight and have another interview for which I had to create a powerpoint. My interview is this week on Thursday so we will see how it goes.

PD Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Henkel (Pittsburg, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Two weeks later, I was e-mailed a list of dates and times where I could interview, and was asked to select my preferred times. They scheduled me for one of my preferred times with about 24 hours notice. I then had a panel interview with two people, who asked a few basic questions about my skills and experiences, and told me that I would hear back at the end of the next week. The interview was scheduled for 45 minutes and lasted about 30. I reached out twice to the person who scheduled the interview to see where I stood in the process, and never heard back.

Leadership Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Henkel (Hartford, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with meeting a current member of the program at a Networking night at my University. That was followed up with a 45 minute group Skype call where you had to give a 5 minute presentation on yourself. That was followed up by a visit to their HQs in Connecticut. This was a 4 hour interview with various groups. One with senior management, another with mid management, and the last with a group of peers. It was finished up with a group dinner with all the candidates for the positions and all of the company interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the organization? Why here? Why are you a good fit for this program and for this company?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Henkel (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

phone interview followed by onsite interview. The phone interviewer was not experienced. Non-scene questions, stupid questions. The lady did not know how to ask question. Need training,

Interview Questions

• why do we hire you? and so many stupid questions? The manager did not know how to interview. Unnecessary very long presentation. If they ask stupid questions, please ask them the same.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Henkel (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a contracted recruiter about the position who asked me quite a few questions about my experience and how I've handled various challenges in my career. She thought I was a good fit so I sent an updated resume to her so she could contact the hiring manager. I didn't hear anything for 1.5 weeks and then received an email from Henkel saying my on-site interview would be in 1 week and that I would have to give a 45minute technical presentation (BTW, I live in Phoenix and the interview was in Irvine, CA). It was a bit strange not to speak with the hiring manager and that they never asked about my availability for an on-site interview. I had to push it back 1 week to get approval for time off from my current job and to prepare the presentation. Interview was from 10am-2:30pm starting with the presentation, panel interview, lunch, 1 on 1 with hiring manager, and finally HR. Everyone I encountered during the interview and facility was nice and the hiring manager took me on a quick tour of the facility. They informed me that I would hear a final decision in 1.5 weeks. I was contacted by the recruiter after 1.5 weeks saying they liked my presentation and did well in the interview and that they wanted me to come back for a follow up interview to speak with two additional managers who were not available during my first visit and to also be considered for another position that was open. I gave the recruiter a couple days that I was available for the follow up interview and didn't hear anything for a week. I then received an email from Henkel on a Wednesday that my on-site interview was on Friday of the same week...only 2 days notice. This was extremely poor planning or lack of consideration on their part. I managed to get the day off for the interview which was from 9:30am-noon. I had to give the same presentation again but both managers were very nice and I left feeling pretty good about the process. I hear nothing for several weeks and asked the recruiter to follow up. A week or so later I received a call from the recruiter saying I would not be getting an offer for either position because I lacked the specific experience they wanted despite Henkel saying it was not a pre-requisite and that they knew my experience with this type of product was limited. Strangely, I was asked if I wanted to fly out there again to interview for another open position but I kindly requested to either do a phone screen with the hiring manager or have that hiring manager speak with everyone else that met with me in the previous 2 interviews so we wouldn't waste each other’s time. I never heard from the recruiter or Henkel after that conversation. After this, I submitted an expense report for the two interviews (taxi, meals, airport parking) and didn't get reimbursed for almost 3 months. I had to send about 3 follow up emails just to get an update on a process they stated would take up to 30 days. Overall I would say the actual interview experience was good, everything else including the interview scheduling, communication by Henkel/recruiter, decision making process, and reimbursement process were terrible.

Interview Questions

• What was the most complicated thing you've ever had to repair or fix?   Answer Question