Henkel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.9

Director Finance National Brands Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Henkel (Stamford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

The lady didn't show up for 40 minutes to phone interview. I called HR hotline of Stamford, CT location. HR people rached out to the person who was supposed to call me. She thne calls me 45 min later to reschedule but I informed I could still do the interview as I was already waiting for it. She then asked me the questions like salary requirements, relo need, US work permit and if I would need sponsorship the same questions that I had already filled in the application. Finally she had my old resume wasn't even prepared to ask me real questions or didn't say a word about henkel or the position. Then I get an email today from her saying that I was not meeting the requirements. She didn't ask me anything different than the application I filled so I am wondering if that application didn't meet requirements why did she select me for a phone interview. Worst is that she told me before that she had meetings and technical issues that is why she was 40 min late. But at the end of the phone interview it slipped out of her mouth that she locked herself out due to password issues and she was resolving her problem with IT. Very unprofessional interview very bad for henkel's image as a brand.

Interview Questions

• Salary requirements and visa status   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Henkel (High Point, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

interview process was good met with engineer and hr representative. before that I had to wait for the background and education verification to come back. It was a little stressful because the company they used for the background took for ever to finish the screening.

Interview Questions

• Was I able to operate there mixing machines.....   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview, then in person on site interview. I ended up interviewing with multiple people, all of which were pleasant. They were willing to pay for the expense of travel for the interview which was nice. Overall positive and professional experience. Only downside was the time it took to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• They asked about everything on my resume, what an ideal internship would be like   Answer Question

OEM Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Henkel in April 2017.

Interview

Contacted by phone had 1 interview with ADP, then 1 with regional managers then one in person at a facility for adhesives, interview I felt went well, I was a little turned off by facility it was a little dated and they didn't really have room setup to do interviews. People were very nice, they commented on how well versed I was in their company. They also share bonus between two business units which was a downgrade from my current position. I'm glad that I was a candidate for the job, but if I had been offered it I would have turned it down. They never got back to me either way on the job which validated my feeling on why I might not want to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Do a PowerPoint 15mins to show why you wanted to work for them, they gave you a widget and asked me to describe the what I saw and I asked them questions. It was showing adhesives and how they bond.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Henkel.

Interview

I had a brief on campus interview with the HR rep which went really well. I then had an on site interview which was all day. Since I was traveling out of state to get to the interview they put me up in the Double Tree hotel which is to say that the company has money to throw around. The day consisted of a total of 6 grueling 45 min interviews by different people. Some of the interviewers were really laid back and made it more of a conversation about your experience and such while other interviewers asked those dumb, inefficient, off the wall questions which have no merit of your technical knowledge or personality. As a side note, why do interviewers ask these questions such as 'what superpower would you have' or 'what animal would you be'. Anyway I did not mind having that many interviews and thought it was very good experience, the day seemed to fly by and it did not seem as if I had been in interviews for 7 hours. You will literally be asked every possible interview question imaginable. They end this day with a fake scenario that you are the top people of a company and have to create a fiscal spending report on what to invest money into for the board members while following the company's mission statement as well as paying attention to the markets you are involved in. Quite an interesting exercise to see how you work and make decisions in a group, but it is difficult, and be ready to get roasted for your decisions. Also hope you do not have an arrogant, pretentious person who takes control and forces your group to agree with them based solely on the fact that it has been a long day, you do not feel like arguing, and you only have 45 mins to complete the task. Very nice but strange company. I have never in my experience had to go through so much effort for a job.

Interview Questions

• A client calls in a panic and says they are having an issue with an adhesive product they buy from your company. How do you handle/solve this?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Henkel (Hartford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Apply online in December 2016 and received acknowledgement of application via automated response on March 17, 2017. Most if not all other online applications have sent an almost automatic response. This is a key indicator of how Henkel is making it increasingly difficult for its own employees to do their everyday jobs.

Pay to Source Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Hill, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Henkel (Rocky Hill, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Efficient process. The HR screening was quick and the interview schedule was good. I could able to interview the decision maker and his associates in one shot. My only negative point is they did not follow up after the interview. And when I followed up it was a cold automated e-mail.

Chemistry Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Henkel in March 2017.

Interview

Met a recruiter at my university's career fair, and received an email asking to set up a phone interview about a month later, from an HR person at the company. The phone interview was with the person in charge of the intern and happened a week after receiving the first email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself... There were no real interview questions, it was simply talk about yourself and what you do, then ask questions.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Hill, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Henkel (Rocky Hill, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Standard interview procedure. Took about 45 minutes for the first interview. Did 2 more before an offer. Each interviewer seemed to really care about my background and asked good questions. It was clear they cared about culture. I wish I spent a bit more time learning about the role as I wasn't super effective in answering how I would grow into the role. They also seemed very process-oriented and asked a lot of questions to determine how I think about process.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Henkel (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

took a couple months but the process itself was amazing, I was even introduced to the group I would potentially working for. I would highly recommend applying for a Henkel position!

Interview Questions

• typical questions, and some situational questions involving customers   Answer Question