Henry Schein Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2018

2.7

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

Spoke with someone in HR for about an hour. The conversation was friendly and informative, mostly explaining the benefits and company culture. I didn't receive much information about the position until the formal interview, which was almost 6 weeks later, yikes! I met with the CFO, which was very abnormal to have a CFO managing an IT department, but I quickly understood the reason this position had been open for over a year since the last person left. The IT Director position was managing two developers and was "hands on" for daily break-fix and troubleshooting. Not the typical Director duties and no middle management. I was not offered the position as they were really looking for a lead developer to operate in a Directors title. The salary and benefits were great, but the position is definitely a career killer. I hope they find someone willing to do the work!

Interview Questions

Interview

Very Brief. The questions were very general. Basically reviewing my resume and past experience. The interviewer was polite and patient and didn't rush me. It was a very comfortable setting. One of the easier interviews.

Dental Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Henry Schein in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for this job on a Friday and by Monday i had a phone interview. The gentleman was very professional and throughout. Even though this job wasn't the right fit for me, i still hope to get on with this company in a different department.

Interview Questions

• what have you done in tour current postion that has improved your proformance?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Duluth, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was ok. They hire on the spot. He goes through each job on resume and asks why you left each one. They will also want contact info for all previous employers.

Exclusive Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Westminster, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Started off asking basic questions about background, interests, etc. Then went into more detailed questions about how big my friend group was and how many new friends I make. Asked if I was comfortable in social environments and if I was ok with meeting new people. All of that went positively. But after asking more about my social life he asked if "I had ever been tested for being an introvert". This was the most unprofessional question I had ever been asked in an interview. I rolled with the punches and was respectful back and after going over my resume some more he said that I would "sink" in this role because I didn't know how to interact with people. I was a Kinesiology major in college and a football captain at my University where I would regularly lead the team using verbal communication. I was almost taken back by his comments and recommend this company to no one. Unless you enjoy being disrespected and belittled, then be my guest. Overall an extremely unprofessional and offensive interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are your hobbies? What can you improve about yourself? List three traits about yourself that your friends might think of you as. ARE YOU AN INTROVERT?   Answer Question

Dental Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Arlington, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Initially had a phone interview, then the next day, an on site interview . I was asked questions in groups of 3. I wasn't given a clear answer to the salary. I wasn't told if I would be contacted again.

Interview Questions

• About my technical experience more than my dental. Such as: what's the hardest thing that you had to do computer wise?   1 Answer
    • What would you do with an upset customer.   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Henry Schein in June 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews for this position, the interview process lasted about 6 months between interviews and the offer. I declined the position because even though it is entry-level, the pay was very low for someone with a college degree. Interview was average with multiple people in the room asking questions. No hard questions, basically the same questions I have had in interviews in the past.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that would be hard for you to do in this position?   Answer Question

Business Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Melville, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I did a video conference interview - I live 15 min from the main office and I actually did the interview from the recruiters office which is almost across the street from HS. The first interview was with the HR person and then i had to wait almost 45 for the next interview. I was never asked any questions. Reason to not get an offer is not much experience which connection was bad and no real questions were asked!

Exclusives Territory Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fast! I liked that. I was working with a recruiter who did an amazing job prepping me for the role. I spoke with three people over the phone for an hour then I had a face to face interview with the manager I would be reporting to and a VP. The interview process was a little daunting. It was very in-depth and they expected you to know a lot about the company and products. We did a role play which was really helpful to perform and get feedback from! I think it was an overall good experience! I just wish I had more time to get the info down.

Interview Questions

• If we asked your friends what your worst qualities were what would they tell us?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Henry Schein in March 2017.

Interview

Filled out online application. The company had me perform a Predictive Index and Professional Learning Indicator screenings. No one ever contacted me after that point, and the application that had been showing on their application site just vanished. Only after calling did they inform me that they'd changed the job position and were no longer pursuing candidates. Had I not called, I doubt they'd have ever communicated, as they also did not respond to email inquiry.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked, other than to fill out the assessments. Not even a phone screen.   Answer Question