Henry Schein Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.7

Business Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Melville, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I did a video conference interview - I live 15 min from the main office and I actually did the interview from the recruiters office which is almost across the street from HS. The first interview was with the HR person and then i had to wait almost 45 for the next interview. I was never asked any questions. Reason to not get an offer is not much experience which connection was bad and no real questions were asked!

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Henry Schein in March 2017.

Interview

Filled out online application. The company had me perform a Predictive Index and Professional Learning Indicator screenings. No one ever contacted me after that point, and the application that had been showing on their application site just vanished. Only after calling did they inform me that they'd changed the job position and were no longer pursuing candidates. Had I not called, I doubt they'd have ever communicated, as they also did not respond to email inquiry.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked, other than to fill out the assessments. Not even a phone screen.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Fast paced, move quickly once it got started. Difficult process though, a lot of situational questions. Started out STAR based then moved to "What would you do?" Interviewer provided feedback on questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• If there was a sign on the door that said no sales rep, but you went in, how would you deal with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Farmingdale, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Numerous online applications. Phone screening then a few same day meetings with various management folks, all who appeared not to be interested in being there or anything I had to say. Borderline rude. I was a few minutes away from walking out. They are looking for the PERFECT candidate but don't want to pay a fair wage. Sad. Not my kind of place. People have an attitude and come across as thinking they know everything. I'd last a month if hired before I quit. Horrible experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Henry Schein in October 2016.

Interview

I was connected with Henry Schein through my universities Sales Team. The process took 3+ months. Communication was very minimal and spotty on their end. I got an offer and never heard back about the offer letter or location for over a month.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Henry Schein (American Fork, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

first phone call short and to the point but went well. Did not hear anything for weeks, then got an invite to come in. Met with multiple people and all went well. again waited weeks and got an offer substantially lower than current pay. When I mentioned this, the HR person said this is the max we can offer for this position... ummmmmmmmmmm, that's too bad. want quality people, pay commensurate wages to start with, don't spend so many weeks to hire someone, I was not impressed with this timing at all. 8 years of experience in tech support and you can't decide I'm qualified?

Interview Questions

• Tell us about you?
      Tell us about one of the hardest customer support issues you dealt with and how you handled it?
      What products have you supported before?
      What is an IP Address?
      How do you change the default printer on a windows machine?
      A customer is having a difficult time following your directions. To help him, how do you gain access to his computer?
      You are unable to log into your Gmail account. What could be causing this?
      Your customer complains that their computer is running slowly. What do you do?
      Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

Interview

The one item that was really disconcerting about this process was the exhausting speed at which they're moving. It's unbelievable to me that there are organizations that still take this long to make decisions. And nominal decisions at that! I applied and it wasn't until two months (applied in June, received email in August) later that I heard something. And yes, that's terribly long in an industry that can typically make decisions like this in less than two weeks.

The phone screening was decent and the individual with whom I spoke said he had a few more people to get through and then they'd decide who they want to meet with in person by the next week. The next week goes by, no updates. I email him and he says they are STILL going through the phone screening with folks but they will get back to me the following Monday with an update. Monday comes and goes, two weeks later I think, "I should follow up." And then I think, "Nah, no more working with organizations that move at a snail's pace with fairly straightforward decisions."

I should also note, on a professional level, when an org has positions that have grades, you should be weary. In this case, the opening was for a Product Manager I. This is a creative way for organizations to stifle advancement and control compensation. And you might say, "Well, you applied even though you're saying we should be weary of it." Yes, I applied but did so against my better judgement in a moment of desperation. Also worth noting is the compensation. I indicated my range was $85k-$95k and they said that was within their range. It would seem, however, based on information from other users of Glassdoor, that some PMs here may be making a little less than that.

They're phoning in the whole "we-are-a-software-company" thing but seriously, a software organization should be nimble enough to make decisions rather quickly and not be encumbered by internal politics and paralysis by analysis. You know, the whole agility thing that everyone's big about right now?

Associate Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Melville, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from HR about a week later. Then was brought in for an in person interview with the HR rep and 3 members of the hiring team back to back. Took about 2 hours. Questions were pretty basic and and behavioral in nature. Interview went pretty well, although one guy did start texting on his phone about 30 seconds into our conversation .However, the hiring process is very flawed. Didn't hear back for two weeks so I followed up and got a response saying that they "didn't have an update yet." Still didn't hear anything back so a week after the initial followup I sent another email, after which the told me that I would not be moving on in the process.
    Advice: Don't leave candidates hanging for so long, especially when they came into the office for an interview and you have no intention of hiring them.

Interview Questions

• 3 favorite classes in school?
      What is treasury?
      Why Henry Schein?
      Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Melville, NY).

Interview

I was approached to apply for this position by upper management. My first HR interview was by phone. The second phone interview with the Director was canceled 3 times, once 5 minutes before sceduled. 3 additional interviews on premises. And, one ongoing interview by upper management. Overall, an unprofessional experience.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Melville, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with 4 different people for 30 minutes each. Typical interview questions nothing out of the ordinary. First had a call with HR. The woman was very nice. We spoke about my experience and she moved me on to the next round where someone else called me and scheduled an interview. I went into the office a few days after that and met the team in person. They answered all of my questions.