Henry Schein Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Henry Schein Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2018

2.7

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Henry Schein.

Interview

4 interviews but interview process is not tedious or difficult. It will depend largely on what part of the country you are interviewing in. The regions differ greatly in strength of leadership, management and performance.

Interview Questions

• typical- explain how you overcame challenges in the past   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Henry Schein (American Fork, UT) in April 2011.

Interview

This was for a web developer position and was through a recruiter. My resume was submitted and they did an initial interview with some technical and behavioral questions. They also gave me a CSS design assignment. This was followed by a second interview with panel of people from a few different departments.

Interview Questions

• They have a activity where one of the interviewers was looking at a picture you couldn't see. You had to communicate with the person to determine what he/she was looking at.   1 Answer

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

Spoke with someone in HR for about an hour. The conversation was friendly and informative, mostly explaining the benefits and company culture. I didn't receive much information about the position until the formal interview, which was almost 6 weeks later, yikes! I met with the CFO, which was very abnormal to have a CFO managing an IT department, but I quickly understood the reason this position had been open for over a year since the last person left. The IT Director position was managing two developers and was "hands on" for daily break-fix and troubleshooting. Not the typical Director duties and no middle management. I was not offered the position as they were really looking for a lead developer to operate in a Directors title. The salary and benefits were great, but the position is definitely a career killer. I hope they find someone willing to do the work!

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Melville, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

First HR will talk to you in a phone interview to describe the role and gauge your interest for it. Then the supervisor/manager for the team will contact you and ask you a couple of questions about yourself and your experience. They will also ask about your experiences in the healthcare sector.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working in a clinical setting?
      What classes are you currently taking in school?
      Can you tell me what are the indications and side effects of (insert specific drug here)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Melville, NY).

Interview

The interview process went very well, they asked basic questions about me and then proceeded to ask basic questions pertaining to my area of interest. I was also asked to give a time when i was put into a difficult situation.

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Melville, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Human resources contacted me via phone and email to come in for an interview (about a weeks notice maybe less) I met with human resources where she described the company and what we do, and then went upstairs to have a 1 on 1 with the manager and afterward the supervisor came in. A few days later I was offered a position and had to submit a drug and background screening prior to starting.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specific questions, though they were general and nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Melville, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted a recruiter. Got a phone call with a quick conversation to interview. Had two interviews which were very conversational, a week later received a call saying they wanted to hire me.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Melville, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Was brought to the local office to interview where I met with a manager. Was taken to a conference room where I was interviewed for approximately 30 minutes. Nearly impossible to get an interview here at the lower level unless you know someone. Later received a phone call telling me that I got the job.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Melville, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

It was a one-on-one interview that lasted less than fifteen minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will contribute to the company?   Answer Question
    • What has been the most difficult project you have accomplished?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was straight talk with no beating around the bush. To others who intind to interview for a position, be yourself and use keywords that are related to the position

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Henry Schein (Albuquerque, NM) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview with Regional Manager and Regional Operation Manager at the same time. Friendly relaxed people with straightforward questions. Impression was that they run a low pressure operation which is appreciated. They have work for technicians to go do and they do their best to allow that to happen. They seem sincere.

Interview Questions

Pay was low for my qualifications, but my qualifications don't exactly fit the job.