Heritage Environmental Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Heritage Environmental Services

Field Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Heritage Environmental Services (Little Rock, AR) in February 2019.

Interview

It was very relaxed. I was way over dressed, but we just got right into the details of the job. Talked for about an hour about what makes me right for it. Just trying to get a feel for wether I’d be a good fit at the company. I thought it went really well.

Interview Questions

• What makes you right for this job?   1 Answer

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Heritage Environmental Services (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2012.

Interview

I had to go through a temp service, but my initial interview with the company was them asking what my experience was, then telling me about the plant. The hiring manager told me about his experiences at the company and told my what he did to move up through the ranks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

T

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heritage Environmental Services (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly basic, and straight forward. Phone interview, then a panel face to face roughly 1 week later. The interview, in my opinion, went well. Unfortunately I received no follow-up, and just assumed I wasn't selected for the next round.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions using Targeted Selection process. All situational, requiring actual vs what if encounters.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Heritage Environmental Services in August 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call almost immediately after submitting my resume. The communication at first was very challenging. A phone call with HR was set up and I did not receive the call. I got back in touch and she scheduled another phone call, but received no apology for my time wasted. After getting through the initial HR screening call and being referred to the hiring manager communication improved. I was invited to interview on site, then was called back for a second interview. The first interview was with one program manager, the second with multiple directors.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard, I don't recall anything very unexpected. The interviewers noted that the questions are predetermined by the corporation and they are required to use the specific questions provided to them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Heritage Environmental Services (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Interview process was tedious, expensive, insulting and stressful. About 2 weeks after the initial application, I received an email with a questionnaire attached to complete and send back. After that, I had a 10 minute phone interview with the corporate recruiter.
         The phone interview was more about what the position was instead of what I could offer the company. They then said they wanted my to fly to their location for a face to face interview.
         I then had to arrange my flights out to Indianapolis for an in-person interview with a panel of 4 people. This was done at my expense.
         The interview at their location consisted of a quick conversation with the 4 managers and a long tour of two office buildings. The questions asked were standard form questions from a list supplied by the corporate office.
         After the interview, it took over a month for reimbursement of my flight and car rental. It took several phone calls and emails to get this addressed.
          l never received a answer on a job offer. The only information I received back was that “a few internal applicants applied and you should hear back soon", 3 months later and I am still waiting to hear back soon. During the interview I was informed they wanted a person on-site at the customer location as soon as possible. Apparently ASAP is well over a month.
    It is extremely insulting as a job seeker to fly out to headquarters for a interview and not receive any kind of notification on if they are going with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Name a person you reconnected with to help on a project.   Answer Question

Environmental Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Heritage Environmental Services (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online with Indeed.com by submitting my resume. I was called within a week to schedule an interview. The hiring manager was very personable and worked around my school schedule. After the interview I waited about two weeks for a response.

Interview Questions

• If hired how long do you see yourself staying with the company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heritage Environmental Services.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. Called in for an in-person interview with 2 people. Brief interview going over my experience in the area and then was given a tour of the facility. Was called back the following week to start. Everybody was extremely nice and personable.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable working in an area with hazardous waste.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They have a set scale.