Hilcorp Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hilcorp Energy Interview Questions

2.7

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilcorp Energy (Anchorage, AK) in April 2016.

Interview

Two interviews with the second being at their office. I was interviews by seven different people in all by several different people in the company including the vice president. Some of the interviews were standard with situational questions while others were just conversations. None of them were particularly high pressure

Interview Questions

• Questions are all designed to find the if the person has the qualities that are described in the book "The Great Game of Business"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilcorp Energy (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Some typical interview questions such as, "Name 3 characteristics someone would use to describe you and why?". "What is one characteristic that you could work on?" "Why did you choose this career".Then, casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 characteristics someone would use to describe you and why?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilcorp Energy (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was very laid back and took about 30 minutes. Two engineers interviewed me, and they basically went through my resume and asked about things that caught their eye, as well as my SAT scores. The style was conversational and I didn't really feel pressured at all. At the end they allowed me to ask any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• How will (insert strength here) help you as an engineer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilcorp Energy in October 2014.

Interview

Very casual. Discussed my resume and the job. No technical questions and very few personality questions. Nothing to be worried about just be yourself. The interviewers are just trying to get to know you to see if you are a good fit for the company and it's values.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite and least favorite class and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Very cool company, great group of engineers gave us a good presentation over the company. They were very professional, basically they asked the most common interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. I did not get the job but was very pleased with interviewing with them. They were all very nice and I would gladly work for a company like this.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilcorp Energy (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Was brought in for an interview at the Hilcorp main office in downtown Houston. I arrived early and was eventually brought into a lounge where I was interviewed by a recruiter. After 20 minutes, I was then taken to a second one-on-one interview with the head controller (accountant). It was a pleasant experience and a challenging interview.

Interview Questions

• Name and explain a situation in which you failed and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Internal Financial Reporting Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilcorp Energy (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied on company website and was contacted within a week for an interview. From the receptionist, to the Senior Analysts and Supervisor who interviewed me, all were welcoming and professional. I was asked if the position fits my needs, and it became evident the company cares for their employees. From the initial contact, to the extension of my offer, the process was smooth and the company seemed like a great fit.

Interview Questions

• Mainly availability and understanding of the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating was necessary, as it was clear the position was very opportune for a full time student.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilcorp Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Panel interviews on 2 separate days consisting of face to face sessions with each member of the department I was to be working with.

On the first interview day, I met with 5 people who came in one after the other in 30minute interview sessions. The same thing occurred on the 2nd interview day as well, where I met some company higher-ups.

Apparently the process after the interview stage are background, credit and reference checks, before an offer is made.

Some of the interviewers were really friendly, professional and eager to answer questions and sell the company. However i feel that a 2nd interview was unnecessary as the first interview was sufficient enough for an offer to have been made.

On the 2nd interview, one of the interviewers kept yawning and interjecting rudely which I feel was very unprofessional and discourteous.

I also never heard from them with an update after my 2nd interview, which is also unprofessional as I had expended over 8 hours in accumulated interview time for the 2 interviews.

Interview Questions

• The questions were straightforward enough: Tell me about yourself. Why would you be a good fit for this position. What do you know about us.   1 Answer

Field Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilcorp Energy (Austin, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Very chill without any behavioral questions. It was more of a conversation about random things you have on your resume. At the end, you get the opportunity to ask your own questions.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilcorp Energy (Houston, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Hilcorp Energy Company has the reputation as a premier mid size company to work for; I was very pleased to have had the opportunity to interview with the organization. My interview was with the VPHR. The interviewer was very professional, made the interview a comfortable experience, and was forthcoming with company information when I asked questions. The entire interview was a positive experience. Hilcorp Energy Company hires the best of the best and the company profits are the "proof in the pudding." I believe I was not hired for the position because my skill set did not align a closely as we had hoped. Even though I did not get the position, I would recommend Hilcorp Energy Company, as a #1 company for anyone job searching to consider.

Interview Questions

• When one does not have ALL of the qualifications required for the position being interviewed for, and the interviewer believes the interviewee might be a good fit for the organization, sometimes very rarely, the interviewer will suggest another position and ask questions about needed skills for that position. This was the case for me.   1 Answer