Hill Holliday Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Hill Holliday Interview Questions

Interviews at Hill Holliday

2.8

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hill Holliday (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I met with ten people for about 30 minutes each. Everyone was super helpful and welcoming. It started off as a phone interview and then I had in person interviews. It was one person at a time, never a group setting. I met with three different teams to see which one would be the best fit based on team fit and my skills.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about working in Media?   1 Answer

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hill Holliday (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process went very quickly. I applied online, and heard back about a week later from HR asking to schedule a phone interview. After this, I was asked to come into the office during the next few days for a formal interview and meet with the team. The office was very inviting (the doorman even gave me a high five for good luck while checking in) and the people I spoke with were intrigued to hear about my past experiences. What really stood out was that after we went over my resume, the team was really interested in getting to know me personally. I liked that the interview was more of a conversation, instead of just a Q&A. This also gave a positive insight to their company culture, and what it was like to work with the team. A few days later I received an offer and very happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• General qualifications, what I know about the industry, why I wanted to get into the industry/ specific role, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hill Holliday (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Someone from HR reached out to me regarding an open position for an Assistant Media Planner and we scheduled a phone screen for the following day. Next, I had a 2 hour phone interview with four members of the team (the job was in Boston and I am living in NYC). I was told I would hear back in 1-2 weeks but never heard back even after reaching out to HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hill Holliday (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial phone interview just went over resume. Talked about major curriculum and previous experieince

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hill Holliday (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed a couple of times at Hill Holliday. HR was great and always kept me updated with new positions opening up. I went in for an interview where I met with 4 people, 30 minutes each. One person was in the New York office so I had a phone interview with them instead. They all asked to go through my resume as well as asked questions about my past experience. The time was very quick and I heard back within a week that I got an offer. Overall, a very good experience and HR was really good at answering all my questions.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hill Holliday (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and send a followup a few days later which led to a phone interview, scheduled an interview the following week where I met with HR for an office tour and four members of the team for 30 minutes each. Was asked generic questions off my resume and questions about my working habits (organization, team-based etc). One member of the team wasn't in that day so had a call with her the following week and was sent an Excel project the same day. Received an offer 2 days later. Generally a great experience interviewing. They are looking for people who are interested and have good work habits rather than the most experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hill Holliday (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied on the website and was contacted for a phone interview with the recruiter before Christmas. We went over my resume and he told me that I should consider senior roles which are available given that I am a graduate student with digital media internship experience. Then I was told that I would be contacted for an in-person interview in a short time. After a month and half, I had followed up twice but didn't receive a reply.

I saw the posting again after a few weeks and I applied again. I received the same email from the same recruiter. What happened next is basically the same as the first para except it was spring now.

To put in summary, I have been contacted twice for the same position within 4 months, was asked to consider senior roles as I had experience, and never received a reply again.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hill Holliday.

Interview

Phone call and in-person interview with four people from the media team: VP, supervisor, media planner. Each asked questions related to my experience, knowledge and capabilities for the position.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Hill Holliday (Boston, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied online and shortly after received an email from an HR coordinator, asking to schedule a phone interview. The same day that I spoke with the coordinator, she emailed me, suggesting that I speak with another one of her colleagues. I thought this 2nd interview was a good sign, that I was moving forward in the process, but the 2nd interview was really no different from the first... so I'm not entirely sure why it was necessary. Both were more informative than anything. I think from the get go they knew I would not be considered for the associate position.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions regarding how I communicate with others, the processes I take to ensure my communications are clear, what I think makes a good communicator etc.   Answer Question

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hill Holliday (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was lengthy. The whole process took several months, which isn't a bad thing. We had the customary phases: email correspondence with the recruiter(s), setting up the phone call, and after the phone call we set up an in person interview. The in person was good. Met about 6 people and got info for getting to know the area since I wasn't from here. One of the slower processes, but interviews can vary in speed, this was one of the slower ones.

Interview Questions

• Customary questions about experience, what I'm looking for in a place and a lot of discussion about the direction the agency and the work were going. Along with what they were hoping to accomplish in the next year, etc. Pretty standard creative reviews.   Answer Question