Hill Holliday Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.9

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

Someone from HR reached out to me via Jobvite to schedule a phone interview. Three weeks later and they still haven't responded to my reply telling them my availability nor my follow-up inquiry. What an incredibly rude way to treat prospective employees. The job is still up on the website and the Jobvite status still says "In Progress", so I'm not sure what's going on. Why contact me for an interview if they're not even interested in having one?

Consumer & Business Intelligence Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hill Holliday (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone screening about one and a half month ago via email. I've been trying to settle the time slot to make the call while never heard from her for a whole month. I was almost giving up until half a month ago, one member of the recruiting team, instead of the recruiter, contacted me to schedule a phone interview during the exact same day. After the call, the recruiter got to contact me, apologizing for missing my previous emails because of "SPAM" issues, and following up with me on the next step.

I was invited to have an on-site interview with the whole team after the call, which took the entire afternoon (4hrs in total), to meet with every member and beneficiary of the team. During the meeting, I've got every opportunity talking about almost every programming tool and statistical technique that I've learned and used, every project that I've been involved. I did my best in the whole exhausting and challenging session.

In the next day, I was asked to fulfill a 3RD ROUND of interview -- to complete a set of data mining and analytical "assignments" made up by the team. It took me the entire labor day weekend to complete and finalize the assignments. I kept reviewing and revising my works to make sure all of them were flawless. Upon the week I submitted these assignments, I got a call from the recruiter, who said that the team got "really impressed" by all my works, but had to give up on me for another candidate "because it's a small team".

Good job Hill Holliday, for exhausting me and wasting my entire holiday!

Here comes the real highlight: while continuing my job posting research these days, I happened to find that they have been posting another job called "Data Scientist" for the exact same team, with exact same job descriptions for the position of Research Associate. It seems that this "small team" has been recruiting all the time, and they don't even care about wasting some extra time of their candidates even after they've made the decision.

Interview Questions

• If you are able to create a product via data mining, what product do you want to create?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hill Holliday (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The process began with a phone screen, then radio silence for almost 3 weeks. Once I was brought in, I had a nearly 4 hour interview with 7 people back to back. Everyone was kind, and made me feel very comfortable. They all asked me questions about my background and how I would handle hypothetical situations. Every person was wonderful to speak with. I was later asked to come in for a 2nd interview and met with 4 people, which was a similar experience to my first interview. Lastly, I had a final phone screen with one of the Directors who could not meet me in person. All in all, I greatly enjoyed the interview process, however it was incredibly drawn out and took a little over 6 weeks from phone screen to job offer.

Interview Questions

• Please give an analogy, or explanation, of how you would describe Project Management to a 10 year old.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was a very positive one for me. As a potential hire, be clear and firm as to what you're looking for and HR will do everything they can to get it for you.

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hill Holliday (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The week of the interview I emailed to confirm the dates and times and didn't hear back until a few days later when I was informed that one of the 4 interviewees would be absent, so the schedule was simply moved up. The interviews went really well and I did my follow emails later that day. I was told the team would be meeting with other candidates as I was the first they'd brought in. Five days later, I heard back from my HR contact that she had not forgotten about me and the team was still waiting to meet one person. Two days later, I was contacted via email and notified that I was selected for the final round of interviews. The final round would consist of meeting with two more team members and then doing a group presentation. A week after that I went in for the final round. Before doing the interviews I met with my HR contact and was informed that the other candidates were not being considered. So really it was up to me to impress the team at that point. I went through the interviews and the presentation and felt like I'd done a good job. Four days later, I received a call that they were giving me an offer pending my two references. So I shared my references and then had to wait another three days to find out that they were working things out with the finance department and should have an offer to present me early the following week. The following Monday, I was presented with an offer. We negotiated a bit and I accepted the following day, exactly 2 months from the start of the process.

Interview Questions

• If you could be one super hero, who would it be and why? How do you start to build a digital strategy for your clients? What's your favorite social channel and why?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hill Holliday in August 2016.

Interview

They got back to me and had a phone interview-asked the top 10 most basic interview questions and then asked for details on some resume experiences. Said I would hear back in a week and they never got back to me (much like every other person they decided they didn't want-they didn't waste anymore time).

Interview Questions

• What kind of data aggregations have I done before, what my specific research experiences were,   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hill Holliday (Boston, MA).

Interview

Human Resources was very friendly and communicative during the initial phone screening, which lasted approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Follow-up was efficient, and the interviews with the team members were conversational, behavioral based on prior work experience and interests, and a great opportunity to meet the people within Hill Holliday.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hill Holliday (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed a couple of times at Hill Holliday. HR was great and always kept me updated with new positions opening up. I went in for an interview where I met with 4 people, 30 minutes each. One person was in the New York office so I had a phone interview with them instead. They all asked to go through my resume as well as asked questions about my past experience. The time was very quick and I heard back within a week that I got an offer. Overall, a very good experience and HR was really good at answering all my questions.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hill Holliday.

Interview

I meet with the whole team, It was a 4 hr process so I spent most of the day chatting with every one. It was a conversation with each person not so many bullet points.

Entry-level Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hill Holliday (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online and was reached out by HR. Next had a short interview with team members. Final round was short presentation related to position in front of more members within department. Received offer about a week later.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hill Holliday (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long, but well worth it. You can tell Hill really puts an emphasis on hiring character, and team fit. First it was a phone screen, than in person where I met with two different people for an in person screen, and finally in person with the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where there was a conflict among the team, how did you handle and resolve the conflict and what was the overall outcome.   Answer Question