Hindustan Times Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hindustan Times Interview Questions

2.1

Freelance Journalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hindustan Times (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)).

Interview

I was called to the Jaipur office, where I had to wait more than half an hour after the designated time. This was just the tip of the iceberg. Cue unprofessionalism of the highest degree.i
    First, if you are planning to offer 1/5th of the standard rate in the industry, per article, you are supposed to let the candidate know, especially if s/he is coming from out of town specifically for the interview.

In between the interview, employees of the newspaper kept butting in, and the interviewer very leisurely started talking to them. It felt like we were hanging out at some eating joint, rather than having an official inteview.

Didn't expect it to be like that.

Interview Questions

• Why did you resign from earlier full time job?   1 Answer

Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hindustan Times in August 2014.

Interview

I WAS CALLED FROM hindustan times and when i reached the venue that was in gurgaon i reached at 11.45am and the time for interview was 12pm and the worst thing the interview started at 1pm they just looked way too busy and quite not interested in the interview. really unprofessional behaviour.

Interview Questions

• how can you convince middle class person to buy iphone.   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hindustan Times.

Interview

2 round interview. easy to crack. general questions based on sales and marketing. nothing difficult. hr interview is very simple. director interview is also ok. they ask you questions like what is sales and sell this product etc.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hindustan Times (Mumbai (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

great people to work with but freshers would feel inferior with the seniors around.Interview consisted of just one round so it was easy, the work culture is great. Hindustan Times has young crowd making it easy to work

Interview Questions

• how to fix a computer and the lights of the building   1 Answer

Deputy Editor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hindustan Times.

Interview

Very transparent. Initial contact by the company, then a Resume on mail to a senior executive. A quick decision to meet the editorial chief for a final interview. An HR call for salary negotiations and then one finalizing meeting with a particular business head again for salary.

Interview Questions

• Not anything particularly as I was a selected candidate and salary was the only issue. They gave me a good raise.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a bit long-drawn and both sides played the game with verve but it was professional and pleasant.

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hindustan Times (Mumbai (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

Talked to a contact and was made to speak to the senior in charge of the desk. Waited two weeks for a call, kept following up just to get a very specific 'no'. But was hired. There was no process as such. All other interviews I have given involved more process than at this place

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. I was warned that there would be no work life balance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, I accepted what was offered

Cartoonist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Hindustan Times (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

I graduated from ranks. Mostly HT advertises for posts.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a current political situation, and was asked- how would I react to that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was already working as freelancer

Senior Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hindustan Times (New Delhi (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

Takes a long time for making hiring decision and difficult HR process. Shuffling between different departments with short notice.

Reporter Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hindustan Times (Mumbai (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

A written test consisting a two hour report writing and grammar based quetions.

Product Marketer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hindustan Times (Ahmedabad (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

i had been selected by college panel. so, by this get easy for me to get the reference of org.
    interview was for section of SIP in my MBA program. They conducted only 1 day interview to me. Advice to my friends is to be confident in all kind of interview, it will be best to have complete knowledge of company where ever you go for an interview. Else everything matters upto your performance at there. good luck!

Interview Questions

• how many balloons will require to fill 800 * 600 sized room?   1 Answer