HireStrategy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 31, 2017

2.3

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

Was a rather enjoyable interview with one of the recruiters, I provided a list of references for her to reach out to, however, I have yet to hear back from her since the interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

recruiter contacted me via email and called the day after, after the first phone interview we agreed on Skype interview but he never showed up on Skype , I sent him an E-mail to remind him and we agreed on a second interview on Skype and again he didn't call or sent even an e-mail to apologize for wasting my time...

Interview Questions

• what kind of contact do you like? contract to hire? 3 months ?6 months   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Reston, VA).

Interview

Contacted by an internal recruiter who arranged for me to meet with her as well as manager as he was also looking for a technical recruiter and wanted to meet with me.

My interview went well with her. We covered my education and work history. She discussed the role and responsibilities with me. I asked questions and she answered. Very straight forward and easy. After we finished, she said she'd go and get the manager for my interview for technical recruiter.

I waited in the small, stuffy room for nearly thirty minutes before finally talking to the receptionist. I waited another twenty to thirty minutes before he finally came in. He didn't know my name or what my degree was in, despite having my resume in front of him. He didn't ask about my work history or anything really. He just sat down and said, "What questions do you have for me?" It was honestly 15 minutes of me me pulling questions out of nowhere before he finally says, "I don't think you background fits with the position and then suggesting that I meet with a recruiter from their office (whom I'd met with previously for opportunities, none of which were decent or in the realm of what we'd talked about) to build my resume! He was practically trying to sell me their services after conducting one of the worst interviews I'd ever experienced, which seemed ironic considering their recruiters talk about how they evaluate their clients' interview processes.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an in person interview at the HireStrategy DC office. We went over my resume and experience and discussed my career goals. The HireStrategy representative I spoke with was very helpful and understands the sometimes lengthy interview process. I submitted a resume to them and they forward it to the companies I say that I am interested in. I chose based on the type of company and the compensation.

Interview Questions

• The interview is more of an informational exchange to understand the client's work aspirations.   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

I honestly cannot say enough good things about my experience with HireStrategy. I was referred to them by a former employee who worked there for several years. I submitted my resume for external opportunities and within 48 hours I received a call to set up a preliminary conversation so that the recruiter (Katie), could get to know me on a more personal level and better understand what I was looking for in the next phase of my career. From there, I came in for a 1:1 and met with the recruiter who initially contacted me, she was extremely warm, welcoming, and very knowledgeable. Unfortunately, there weren't any external sales roles that immediately stuck out, but she did suggest that I look into internal opportunities. I took her advice and spoke with her superior who then passed me on to the VP of Sales, who goes by "CV." I met with CV in person and we had one of the most refreshing, open, and honest conversations that I've ever had with a hiring manager. CV was not only a pleasure to speak with, but genuinely put my priorities as a sales professional ahead of his own. He challenged me to think about my career path and the level of commitment required to be successful at HireStrategy.

Ultimately, I decided to forgo the option to pursue a role within the organization. HireStrategy checked off just about every bucket on my list in terms of culture, competitive salary, and upward mobility. It came down to a gut decision, but I would recommend HireStrategy to anyone in the future that is looking to advance in their career and seeking complete transparency. I wish CV and the team at HireStrategy continued success, this is definitely a company that you should keep on your radar for both internal and external opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Q: "What would be the ideal role for you, in the next phase of your career?"
      Q: "How would people who know you best, describe your personality?"
      Q: "How do you handle challenges and / or criticism?"
      Q: "What do you enjoy most about the sales process?"   Answer Question

In order to be truly successful in recruiting, you really need to commit 3 to 5 years to your craft. Unfortunately, my future in DC was too unpredictable to proceed further.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had a negative experience working with a recruiter from HireStrategy. They submitted my resume for a position and scheduled the interview process with the company for me. During this process the recruiter was extremely helpful and communicative. However, after there was a lull in the process of moving forward, the recruiter failed to answer my emails or follow-up with me on the status/results. It quickly became very clear to me that the recruiter only had their best interest in mind and not mine (the candidate). The lack of professionalism has really deterred me from ever working with a recruiter here again.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

I received a call and after some preliminary screening was invited to come in to interview. I was met by a hiring associate who reviewed my resume and asked me more specifics about my experience and salary expectations. She then explained to meet what their clients were generally looking for.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for temporary work, permanent, full time or part-time. Are you flexible? Do you have any upcoming vacations planned?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

The HireStrategy team was very involved (called or emailed me 2-3 times per week) until I actually went in to their clients office for an in-person interview. It has been a month since my interview and I have yet to receive formal feedback or updates on the hiring manager's final decision. I tried to follow-up several times since then to no response from the HireStrategy team. For a company that depends on talent to grow their business, this is a very poor way to go about building relationships.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Reston, VA).

Interview

I came in for an interview under the impression they had some external positions available (That is what I was told) The whole time I was there they told me how I was so awesome and I was so qualified for a ton of positions. They kept pushing internal opportunities (sales). I declined the final offer for an internal position because that is not what I came in for. They said they would love to help me find opportunities with other companies. The phone hasn't rang since. Phony. Complete waste of time. They stress tehy are not like other staffing agencies, but that is totally false.

Interview Questions

• Just basic questions like tell me about yourself and how do you think your experience prepares you for this position. The interview was more like an arrangement for them to see if you look decent and speak properly (In my opinion)   Answer Question

Internal Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HireStrategy (Reston, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was brought in 2 days after applying. Interview was very straight forward, and relaxed. Interviewer was very honest and kind. After going over what I was looking for and what my past experience was, he decided to have me interview with the manager I would be working under. She was very kind as well. The second interview was to see if our personalities and goals aligned. After I met with her I was interviewed by the Internal HR rep. So all together I had 3 interviews in one day. The company was very transparent and seemed like an amazing place to work. Lots of opportunities and upwards mobility. Friendly staff that was looking to develop new people. I would have loved to work for them, but the commute was a little to much.