Hofstra University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hofstra University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hofstra University (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Quick and to the point. I went in and was called in immediately to talk to two of the deans. They had my resume in hand and took their questions directly from there asking me about past work experiences and skills.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at this office?   1 Answer

Social Media Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hempstead, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hofstra University (Hempstead, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process is pretty relaxed but very professional. The manager will ask our experiences on social media and why do we want to be a social media assistant.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any recommendations after viewing our current social media sites?   Answer Question

Interview

very easy, asked about availability, my work ethic, how long I have been at the university. Very easy interview and ended up working for the facilities department for 3 years. Excellent job!

Anonymous Employee in Hempstead, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hofstra University (Hempstead, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Very brief and casual. The told me they needed people on the front desk and asked what my hours and or schedule looked like. They asked if I had experience with clerical work and I did. Then I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hofstra University.

Interview

Mostly situational questions, really make you feel uncomfortable when they tell you that you're wrong. The interview occurs in their small office with other employees in the room. Unless you answer every question wrong, you'll probably be hired.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student tries to swipe in with a clearly intoxicated student?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hempstead, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hofstra University (Hempstead, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I felt that was not a very comprehensive interview. I felt the interviewer could have spent a little more time on the interview. I felt as if she was rushing the entire process or she already had someone for the job

RSSC Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hofstra University.

Interview

Basically like a test. All scenarios. They offer you a position based on how you score compared to other applicants. Likes when you ask questions and take notes. Study RSR handbook and know procedures like the back of your hand.

Media Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hofstra University.

Interview

It was very slow. Takes a while for them to call you back. Not enough transparency of responsibilities. Had the initial then got called back for a second. People who interviewed me were friendly but didn't seem to happy about working there.

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hempstead, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hofstra University (Hempstead, NY).

Interview

I was brought directly to the campus without a phone interview. I first met with the departmental selection committee who asked questions. The tone of the interview was very friendly and was a more "meet and greet" style with a few question directed toward my specific roles and responsibilities. I then taught a sample class while being observed. Once the class was finished I was taken out for a very nice dinner.

Interview Questions

• The future use and role of technology in my field and how that would be implemented into my future teaching.   Answer Question
    • The role of scholarly activity in a business setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hempstead, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hofstra University (Hempstead, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Management had found me through their career website. The interview was very informal, and very casual. I was interviewed by two managers but because of the nature of their work, they knew how to put a candidate at ease. They e-mailed me for an interview, I took the interview, and I had the job, easy as that.

Interview Questions

• 'We only glanced at your resume, tell us about your prior experience and how it relates to this position specifically?'   Answer Question