HollyFrontier Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HollyFrontier Corporation

2.7

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HollyFrontier Corporation (Tulsa, OK) in June 2016.

Interview

I was escorted into the refinery by one of the chemists from the lab. The interview took place in a small library around a conference table. The interviewers were a hiring committee composed of employees from throughout the refinery. Also present was the individual from HR who had scheduled the interview with me and one of the chemists from the lab which I was applying to work at. Each individual had a copy of my resume along with a form with spaces for notes and preassigned questions they were to ask. After the actual interview I was given a tour of the lab spaces I would be working in by another chemist and escorted out of the refinery.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience where you felt unsafe with something a coworker was doing and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer
    • Name a time you trained someone on a task they weren't familiar with   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HollyFrontier Corporation (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

On campus interview. Two company representatives that worked in the job department I was applying for. Pretty laid back atmosphere. First question they asked was "tell me about yourself." From there they asked about my resume and it turned into more of a flowing conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for us? (asked this multiple times)   Answer Question
    • Asked me about resume and prior work experience listed on my resume.   Answer Question
    • Asked about my experience working with excel and how comfortable I was with using some intermediate level excel functions.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HollyFrontier Corporation (Lawrence, KS) in October 2013.

Interview

Went to an on-campus interview session and it was very helpful. My interviewer was very kind and kept things pretty casual.

Interview Questions

• What other questions did I not asked which you wanted me too?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I interviewed at HollyFrontier Corporation (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Standard interview. All questions asked are behavior questions. Nothing unexpected. Preparing well in advance will gain more chance to get the offer. But I got no feedback/results after sending two follow-up emails to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What's your strength/weakness/conflicts in previous job   Answer Question

Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at HollyFrontier Corporation (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Very Long and cumbersome interview process. You will get the impression the company values people, and you may think they are putting in a lot of effort to find the right person, this is not true. The environment has a cult vibe to it. If you are a sheep and would have followed Charles Manson, this is the place for you .

Interview Questions

• How would you migrate a file server?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered the max level of pay for this role. The pay range will be defined up front.

Risk Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HollyFrontier Corporation (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied through school career website, was contacted initially by email and then by phone by HR. Scheduled and interview and was brought in within 2 weeks. Interviewed with just the one guy from the Risk Management department, he mostly explained the position and reviewed my resume.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals, what do you want to do with Risk Management?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HollyFrontier Corporation (Lawrence, KS) in September 2017.

Interview

Casual and easy interview. Asked basic behavioral questions and a few questions regarding HollyFrontier. They were pretty slow to get back to me. They were interested in past experiences.

Process Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HollyFrontier Corporation (El Dorado, KS) in September 2011.

Interview

They came to our university career fair and took resumes. They then emailed you for an interview for the following week. The interview was a typical behavioral interview. The engineers came to interview us, not some H.R. person. The waiting time for an offer was a little long but they were interviewing at 3 other universities.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a group and had an uncooperative team member. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HollyFrontier Corporation.

Interview

Apply through Careerbuilder, was sent a mail in my mailbox to appear in Tulsa, Oklahoma for aptitude test. Passed the test and was schedule for interview two weeks later. Went for the interview and was offer a position 3 weeks later. Did an orientation/further testing before job offer was confirmed by them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Just a low starting hourly pay and I accepted it because I was desperately looking for a job to gave experience.

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HollyFrontier Corporation (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

They first of all do a phone interview after which you are called for the face-to-face interview. The interview was straight forward and was with a panel of 4 people. Sometimes they ask auxiliary questions base on my answer to the question ask. They also give you a 250 objective base questions to answer after the face-to-face. The whole interview process was nice.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are behavioral questions such as tell me about a time................   Answer Question