Holy Family Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Holy Family Medical Center

Staff Nurse I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holy Family Medical Center (Des Plaines, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

HR phoned me up to schedule interview with hiring nurse manager. A few days later I went in for interview. It felt non-threatening (I'm a new grad RN) and interviewer made me feel at ease. After some questions, she had me sit with one of the staff nurses. Everyone was very welcoming and nice.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you encountered a co-worker who did not want to follow hospital policy? (scenario: Holy Family has implemented shift change reporting at the bedside. There are some oldtimers that refuse to do it this way....what would you do?).   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holy Family Medical Center (Des Plaines, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

My interview was a very pleasant and unique experience. Because I was already familiar with the hospital (as a former patient) and the job duties (as a volunteer), I already had a remarkable connection with and understanding of the environment from various angles. I had positive feedback of employees and methods based on personal experience, and as well, I had constructive criticism to offer. In either case, I maintained my optimistic outgoing demeanor, and I was pleased to see the same in my interviewer & supervisor. I promptly received a callback the same day of my interview, and I was elated to begin working. Until my official hire date, I continued to volunteer, building an even stronger connection with the people & atmosphere at Reshealth (something I'd recommend to any hopeful applicant). I really gained a remarkable appreciation for the facility & its policies, the other employees & their strong points, and the visitors & patients who are so grateful for the smallest gestures which can mean so very much.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetically speaking, what would you do if... your coworker made a mistake, you didn't know how to answer a question, you witnessed inappropriate behavior, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the starting pay or the schedule, but if one intends to negotiate anything, it is extremely important to be clear, concise, and specific about expectations. It is also helpful to be prapared to state a case for "why" and "how" requests can be granted. Communication is key.