HomeRun.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at HomeRun.com

Senior Software Developer, Remote Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HomeRun.com (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I got contacted by an in-house recruiter asking about time I was available the next day. I assumed he wanted to have the usual talk, he would tell about the company and ask about my background, since he didn't even ask for my full resume (I sent it anyway). He called the next day, and the conversation with him was all about my salary or rate expectations. He avoided my questions about how much budget they had and sounded like they were looking for bargains. He told me that they would also have all the remote workers on site for the first 2-3 weeks. Then he told me somebody else wanted to talk with me. It happened that they decided to give me a technical interview, for which I wasn't prepared as I hadn't been told about it, and my interviewer didn't sound prepared any better. Moreover, he told me about him being busy with something else. I did badly, but he didn't seem to listen anyway. Then I asked him to tell me about the company, he gave me some general corporate information. I asked him what he liked about working there, and his answer was how much he didn't like his previous company. In the end I asked him for his feedback, and he told me I would be good to work in the office, but not for a remote position. I asked why, and he referred that I answered "I solve this problem such and such" instead of "I will ask for help". I said "so, you're looking for people who are unable to solve problems on their own, but distract the others asking for help?". He seemed to agree it didn't make sense and told me they would get another person to interview me. He also was surprised to hear about the initial onsite work. I never heard back from them, and frankly, never wanted to.

Interview Questions

• You join our project and the PM submits a bug report you don't understand. What would you do?   2 Answers
    • There is an array of numbers from 1 to N in random order. A random number was picked and taken out. Give an algorithm to determine which one.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HomeRun.com (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied to Homerun's Account Manager position and received a response from an admin, who scheduled a phone call with me to talk about the position. That went well, so she invited me in the next week to interview with one of their Account Managers and a VP of Operations.

I went to the in-person interview and met the Admin, the Account Manager and the VP of Ops in person. They had just moved into a new (rather plain) office which had a pool table in the middle of it. I would have been a little more excited if they had a Foosball or ping pong table (and windows that opened. Their office did not have any windows that opened that I could see, which kinda sucks if you appreciate fresh air).

I had 1 on 1 interviews with both the Account Manager and the VP of Ops. Both were nice. The VP of Ops asked me a black/white sock puzzle question which I failed to solve correctly. He said there was no "right or wrong" answer, but when he explained the answer to me, it seems that there was, in fact, a right answer.

I think the interviews in general went well, at least in the sense that I didn't feel awkward and didn't get any weird vibes from my interviewers. I sent individual thank you emails to everyone. After some time had passed, I followed up with the Admin to check on the status. No response, which I feel is just plain rude. A quick response either way really would have been appreciated.

Interview Questions