Honda R & D Americas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Honda R & D Americas Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2017

2.8

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

Interview

2 interviews. One behavioral and one technical. First interview was easy but second was more focused on technical aspect and design. asked question about the plastic manufacturability and things to consider.

Infotainment Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raymond, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas (Raymond, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

It was good. The engineers made good questions about my experience.
    However, although everything went ok, I didn't get the job. And I received no feedback from the company. That's something in my opinion is missing. Specially because I had to use two days vacations from my current job, and I would expect to receive any feedback at least.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raymond, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas (Raymond, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

The managers that interviewed me were from three separate departments interviewing for their respective departments. They were all rather focused on other tasks and often were looking at their phone or watches during the interview and did not seem interested in the process at hand. This interview was for an entry level position, however, it appeared that the qualifications I had were not up to their standards during the interview even though they liked them enough to bring me in for the interview. I had to explain several times concepts that were out of the managers' wheel houses in vehicle design and they eventually gave up on trying to understand my projects. I was very disappointed in the way the interview was conducted and the lack of respect that I received.

Interview Questions

• What were some things you had to consider in a give and take fashion for design?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas (Torrance, CA).

Interview

They ask very generic questions like what your experience is, strengths, weaknesses, etc. - not a hard interview. They are just looking for specific answers - the generic, shallow answers. Two in-person interviews.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas (Marysville, OH).

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview with hiring group and members. Pretty basic questions about college experience and a few situational questions. Most departments will ask you an on the spot engineering problem, draw something in 3d on paper or draw a free body diagram. Of course there isn't a right or wrong answer, but they are looking for your thought process,

Interview Questions

• Draw a free body diagram of this object.   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted by one of Honda's recruiters. I Received a phone call asking me to complete a questionnaire including salary requirements.
    Later this person told me I was asking too much and in order to continue I'd need to take less. They're range was less than I currently make and included 20% OT

When I told the recruiter this he was extremely rude and continued to typecast me in a box with only a certain amount of experience.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly, I got the opportunity to interview with four different subdivisions. The whole process was around 7 hours or so, so bring something to do for the breaks between interviews. Before the interview they give you a small tour and small breakfast. Be sure to get plenty of sleep the night before.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions pertaining to teamwork, how you handle problems, why do you have interest in the automobile industry... Don't worry about it too much. Be yourself and be honest.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter on campus, then got an email to schedule a Skype interview. Interview was pretty standard, behavioral questions with some general engineering questions at the end. Second round was on-site about six months later. They held a inter-company career fair type thing with of the different engineering departments. Learned a lot about Honda but my background wasn't really ideal for the automotive industry. I interviewed with three different groups but didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to defend your ideas on a project.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

Interview

Since I was out of town, I had the complete the inteview via skype. The skyper interview lasted about an hour: 15 minutes of job overview, 30 minutes of behavioral interview questions and review of my resume/qualifications, and 15 minutes of questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

Interview

First a guy from HR tools me to submit my resume to a website.
    Then I had a first phone screening regarding my personality, hobbies, school, current experience.
    Second was a more technical interview regarding a couple of basic design questions, engineering solutions and time management, mainly about how to handle a project with its milestones and teamwork.
    Then I had to wait received feedback directly from the hiring manager.
    Pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What's a stiffener
      Basic design modules in CATIA