Honda R & D Americas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Honda R & D Americas Interview Questions

Interviews at Honda R & D Americas

2.8

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

Interview

Fair but has a lot of questions focusing on more behavioral type questions, there weren't many technical questions. All in all the interview didn't take too long, but definitely be prepared to talk about your resume and yourself.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about an experience I had been a leader in a situation.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas (Mountain View, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

This was conducted through an intermediary temp agency that found my resume online somewhere. They were not very good at communicating and as a result, the process drug out needlessly and some lines were crossed. I was told that I was the only candidate this agency had put forward that Honda was at all interested in. It would be easier if Honda posted jobs on their own site and recruited directly.

There were two phone screens (very long, but not too hard) and a panel onsite. No part of the process was challenging and the team was very nice and seemed quite interested. No feedback was given in the end, so I have no idea why an offer did not come through.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas (Torrance, CA).

Interview

They ask very generic questions like what your experience is, strengths, weaknesses, etc. - not a hard interview. They are just looking for specific answers - the generic, shallow answers. Two in-person interviews.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

Interview

The process to 2 months. Interviewed at Honda in June , 17 . The interview was easy . I got a call from HR person to schedule a site interview. I flew to to Ohio after a week . the people were very nice .

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas in April 2014.

Interview

I met them at a career fair and after talking to one of the HR Managers, he advised me to apply online so that they could begin the hiring process. Within two days of applying for Honda online I received an email that they were interested but first I had to do a pre-screening. I had to fill out two documents which talked about my background, my work history and why I am interested in Honda. Within a few more days they asked to interview me after I had filled out an official paper application and gave them he right to do a background check on me.

Two weeks later we had a video interview with the HR rep and the Engineering Manager. The interview was very basic and they really wanted to know about your technical background and how you work on a team.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work on multiple projects at once.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process was pretty relaxed. My interview consisted of pretty broad questions about past positions and expectations. The interview was mostly to see if i could do the work and not a pest asking too many questions along with actually wanting to do the work and seeing if I would be a good fit in the group.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raymond, OH

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas (Raymond, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was great. Well facilitated

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a skill you needed to improve in the past, and how did you improve it/ what did you do to improve it. Give an example.   Answer Question

Material Science Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raymond, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas (Raymond, OH) in July 2018.

Interview

They started my interview process by entering a room talking to 6 amazing researchers. It was a friendly talk mostly concentrated on my Resume. They asked about my experience mentioned in my resume and sometimes related those backgrounds to their research and asked about my idea if we can implement those ideas to research work going on at Honda. Finally a quick tour of the facility, The whole process took around two hours.

Interview Questions

• How do you design experiments to validate your numerical simulation results (it was asked for several problems)   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas (Marysville, OH).

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview with hiring group and members. Pretty basic questions about college experience and a few situational questions. Most departments will ask you an on the spot engineering problem, draw something in 3d on paper or draw a free body diagram. Of course there isn't a right or wrong answer, but they are looking for your thought process,

Interview Questions

• Draw a free body diagram of this object.   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter on campus, then got an email to schedule a Skype interview. Interview was pretty standard, behavioral questions with some general engineering questions at the end. Second round was on-site about six months later. They held a inter-company career fair type thing with of the different engineering departments. Learned a lot about Honda but my background wasn't really ideal for the automotive industry. I interviewed with three different groups but didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to defend your ideas on a project.   Answer Question