Honda R & D Americas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Honda R & D Americas Interview Questions

2.8

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas (Torrance, CA).

Interview

They ask very generic questions like what your experience is, strengths, weaknesses, etc. - not a hard interview. They are just looking for specific answers - the generic, shallow answers. Two in-person interviews.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas (Marysville, OH).

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview with hiring group and members. Pretty basic questions about college experience and a few situational questions. Most departments will ask you an on the spot engineering problem, draw something in 3d on paper or draw a free body diagram. Of course there isn't a right or wrong answer, but they are looking for your thought process,

Interview Questions

• Draw a free body diagram of this object.   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted by one of Honda's recruiters. I Received a phone call asking me to complete a questionnaire including salary requirements.
    Later this person told me I was asking too much and in order to continue I'd need to take less. They're range was less than I currently make and included 20% OT

When I told the recruiter this he was extremely rude and continued to typecast me in a box with only a certain amount of experience.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly, I got the opportunity to interview with four different subdivisions. The whole process was around 7 hours or so, so bring something to do for the breaks between interviews. Before the interview they give you a small tour and small breakfast. Be sure to get plenty of sleep the night before.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions pertaining to teamwork, how you handle problems, why do you have interest in the automobile industry... Don't worry about it too much. Be yourself and be honest.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter on campus, then got an email to schedule a Skype interview. Interview was pretty standard, behavioral questions with some general engineering questions at the end. Second round was on-site about six months later. They held a inter-company career fair type thing with of the different engineering departments. Learned a lot about Honda but my background wasn't really ideal for the automotive industry. I interviewed with three different groups but didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to defend your ideas on a project.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Co-op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

Interview

Since I was out of town, I had the complete the inteview via skype. The skyper interview lasted about an hour: 15 minutes of job overview, 30 minutes of behavioral interview questions and review of my resume/qualifications, and 15 minutes of questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

Interview

First a guy from HR tools me to submit my resume to a website.
    Then I had a first phone screening regarding my personality, hobbies, school, current experience.
    Second was a more technical interview regarding a couple of basic design questions, engineering solutions and time management, mainly about how to handle a project with its milestones and teamwork.
    Then I had to wait received feedback directly from the hiring manager.
    Pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What's a stiffener
      Basic design modules in CATIA
      Product Development cycle
      Project management skills
      Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas (Torrance, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was one of the best I have been through. The managers were very laid back and did not put excess pressure on interviewee. The questions were not too technical and were more about what you would do in certain situations. I first got called that they wanted to interview me then I went to Honda for the formal interview. After the interview, it took about 10 days to heard back from Honda. The salary was less than another company offered me so I declined.

Design Coop Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas.

Interview

Hiring process for me was very rushed, however a questionnaire is given before the interview to be completed with most of the difficult questions so you can anticipate the areas/types of questions they will be asking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations were made.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Honda R & D Americas (Mountain View, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

This was conducted through an intermediary temp agency that found my resume online somewhere. They were not very good at communicating and as a result, the process drug out needlessly and some lines were crossed. I was told that I was the only candidate this agency had put forward that Honda was at all interested in. It would be easier if Honda posted jobs on their own site and recruited directly.

There were two phone screens (very long, but not too hard) and a panel onsite. No part of the process was challenging and the team was very nice and seemed quite interested. No feedback was given in the end, so I have no idea why an offer did not come through.