HoneyBook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HoneyBook

2.9

Senior Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

The interview had 6 rounds and I talked to 12 people, which is more than 10% of the company. The 6 rounds included 3 on-sites.
    The interview included a take home assignment and a final presentation to senior leadership including the CEO. The take home assignment was not quick, and definitely super involved.

Out of the 12 people I talked to, 10 were warm and open and I really enjoyed my interaction with them. 6 of them (including multiple people in senior leadership) said some version of "you are exactly what we need for this role". Which then was odd, because they didn't make me an offer stating "we don't know what we need right now".

Altogether, the whole process was a pretty big waste of my time, as well as their time. But I am extremely thankful they rejected me, as working in a company that didn't value their own time and resources, would ultimately be bad for my growth.

Interview Questions

HoneyBook Response

Feb 25, 2020 – CEO & Co-founder

Hi there, this is Oz, HoneyBook’s CEO. Thank you for sharing your experience with the community. We take feedback seriously, and we are disappointed in ourselves to hear that your experience interviewing with us was not a positive one. We understand that the decision to join HoneyBook is a big one, and we want candidates to hear from many different people so they can get different perspectives on the company. For some roles, that may mean meeting a good number of stakeholders throughout the process. We do this so that candidates know what they are walking into and who they will be working with in the company from day one. With that being said, I also don’t believe in wasting anyone’s time. I am taking this to heart and am going to audit our process to make sure it is not longer than other companies. As a start up, sometimes things can change quickly and I truly apologize if you feel we wasted your time. I am an open book so please reach out if you wish. - Oz

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HoneyBook (San Francisco, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter and every step of the process was so thoughtful, professional, and welcoming! The recruiting team was so flexible with my timeline and were extremely accommodating. After two phone screens and a video interview with team member based in Tel Aviv, I was brought onsite for a final interview. I met with four member of the team and the questions were a fair mixture of behavioral and experiential. HoneyBook takes extra efforts to make sure that you're a good fit for HoneyBook and that it's a good fit for you, too. This was one of the most genuine and pleasant interview experiences I've had to date!

Member Experience Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HoneyBook.

Interview

They have 3 round interviewing process. I was granted a phone interview by a recruiter based on my LinkedIn profile. They Send preinterview materials to look over which I strongly suggest you familiarize yourself with and reference throughout the interview.

Member Experience Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HoneyBook (San Francisco, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

As a recent college graduate, I went through my fair share of phone screenings and interviews. Most companies fell short - extremely unorganized, bad communication, and unprepared for interviews. Recruiters and interviewers often made me feel like I was a burden to them. HoneyBook was the complete opposite of these other companies. HB was the most organized and professional interview process I've ever experienced, truly. They had amazing interview questions and were genuinely interested in learning about me and my qualifications. I was kept in the loop throughout the interview process and every single person was so welcoming. Their approach to communication is polite yet direct, which I really appreciate. I knew I wanted to work for this company after my first phone screening, and this was only further solidified after my onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are online shopping and you are trying to checkout. For some reason, you aren't able to submit your payment. You don't have anyone around you to ask for help or a help center number to call. What steps do you take to fix this?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

Recruiter was standoffish and rude, and it really made me feel like their supposed great culture is not genuine or just super cliquey and catered to one type of person.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about why Honeybook, examples of similar things you've done in past jobs   Answer Question

Talent Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HoneyBook (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. Their Talent Partner reached out via LinkedIn and we set up an initial conversation regarding the role and HoneyBook. I then had a phone call with the CFO which went great, so we moved to the assignment stage. The assignment itself was fairly short. It included a scheduling scenario and an outreach message to a candidate.

After they reviewed my assignment, I was then invited onsite where I met with the Talent Partner, Talent Associate, CFO, and COO. The last round was a 45-minute onsite interview with a Hiring Manager I would be working closely with.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you are looking for in your next role?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HoneyBook (Hayward, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Process (so far for me):
    1. Initial call with internal recruiter
    2. Call with People Ops Manager
    3. Onsite - roughly 5 hours

The onsite is long but they spend quality time with you and really dig into who you are as a person and your background.

The CEO is awesome, just an amazing, forward thinking, extremely high EQ person. His wife works there and is a VP. I didn’t get the pleasure to meet her but leadership is something like 50-60% women. It’s obvious that diversity and inclusion is top of mind.

Every other person I met was equally kind and just an absolute pleasure to speak with. The recruiter constantly checked in with me to be sure I didn’t need a break or a new drink. This was probably the best interview experience I have ever had. I am still in the process today and haven’t completed it yet but I just had to get online and write this review!

Interview Questions

HoneyBook Response

May 2, 2018 – Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us and leaving a review. We are so pleased you had a pleasant experience with us and that your recruiter had your back throughout the entire process. We know how difficult interviewing is and try to make sure every single person we have interactions with feels like we get it and that it's a two way dialogue. If you have anything else you want to share, please feel free to reach out directly to your recruiter!

Talent Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HoneyBook (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

2 phone interviews + project, no offer.
    Recruiter reached out to me and I was open to starting the conversation. Then we set up a 30 min call to further connect. She talked a mile a minute and used curse words (which doesnt upset me, I just find unprofessional). Main questions were behavioral and about past experience. Next call was with the CFO who couldn't really speak about what HoneyBook did and I could clearly tell she was reading off a list of questions to ask. Next was a project with 2 scenarios about calendaring and candidate outreach. Pretty lengthy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake & how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Mar 28, 2018 – Talent Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience! We take feedback to heart, and it's disappointing to hear that your experience left you less than impressed. While we know perfection is hard to hit every time, it's certainly something we strive towards, and we'll work with our team to ensure we improve our interviewing process and leave candidates engaged and excited about HoneyBook. We do appreciate you spending time to interview with us.
    - Jess, Talent Community Manager

UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HoneyBook in February 2018.

Interview

Lots of back and forth with scheduling to get a in office interview. Phone interview first, then in office. I was introduced to one of the design leads , then given a design challenge.

Interview Questions

• Thoughts behind ux, the structure of it and where I think my strength are in that structure. Portfolio review.   Answer Question
    • Design challenge: I was asked to “reimagined” fix their search function. This deeply saddened me, I was super excited about what the company was doing. I did just the visual element and wanted to walk through the other parts in office. I am not a proponent of free work, and I think we as a design community should push back. Give option that are not product related and pay them. Show your invested in them and you respect their time.   1 Answer
    • I hope my interaction with them started a internal conversation about testing Prospects in a way that could be perceived and unethical , how to go about creating new design challenge.   Answer Question

Mar 28, 2018 – Talent Community Manager

Hello--first of all, we really appreciate your review and the time you spent interviewing with us and working on the design challenge. One of the great opportunities Glassdoor affords us is the chance to hear feedback from candidates that we might not otherwise get to hear. I am sorry the design challenge was viewed as free work, that is certainly not the intent nor the purpose of the exercise, and HoneyBook would never use candidate-generated ideas without their express permission or without paying for work. We are proponents of equal pay for freelancers, and this would go against our values. Clearly this was not explained thoroughly enough, and that is something we take responsibility for 100%.

Your initial feedback did spark a conversation, and while we are sorry your experience wasn't a positive one, we do hope you are assured you did impact our internal process. We wish you the best of luck, and if you would like to share anything else, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HoneyBook (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I was a passive candidate. The CFO reached out to me directly via email. I initially told her I wasn't looking but would entertain a coffee chat as a networking opportunity. After meeting her for coffee, I realized that we were very aligned on our philosophy of what Finance's role should be within a company. I became really excited about the company's platform and their mission to help solo entrepreneurs like freelancers and designers succeed. Plus the CFO struck me as really smart, personable, and approachable. She felt like someone who would be a great mentor and help take my career to the next level. As a result, I decided to interview for the role.

Process was a phone screen with the CFO, 1 take-home case study, and 2 round of onsites during which I met with a lot of the C-level people within the company.

Interview Questions

• Most of the in-person interview was very qualitative, centered around getting to know me as a person - what motivates me, what are my likes and dislikes, what are my career goals, how have I worked cross-functionally in the past, how I think about processes, etc.

They did a really interesting introspective exercise where they go through your past jobs and ask you what your past managers would say about you. I found it pretty interesting and gave me an opportunity to do some retrospective for my past.

They covered most of the technical stuff in my take-home modeling test, which was to build a 3-statement model based on a given set of assumptions. I had 3 hours to complete the test, which I found to be a little tight but doable. The CFO asked me some followup questions around my model onsite but was more centered around what I would have done if I had more time.

Overall I found the process to be just challenging enough, but not so much so that it wasn't enjoyable.   Answer Question

May 2, 2018 – Talent Community Manager

Thank you for leaving a review! We are so happy to have leadership like our CFO who understand how important it is to help recruit for their roles. The result is hiring stellar talent like you! Glad to have made a process that was intellectual challenging as well as stimulating. Welcome to HoneyBook!