HoneyBook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HoneyBook (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

What I really liked about HoneyBook is its refreshingly open and honest culture. The entire interview process was run in a very professional way, with every interviewer coming fully prepared. And the questions were deeply introspective and anyone who tries to lie through it will be caught red handed! They have a culture of warm hospitality mixed with polite directness, which is my kind of place to work. What I would advise anyone who is interviewing here is simple: Know yourself! (which seems to be very rare these days, if I might add.)

I thought I was reasonably well prepared, but the questions (at least for this position) were all behavioral and I enjoyed every one of them. I won't disclose the questions because you have to experience them yourself!

Interview Questions

HoneyBook Response

Nov 13, 2017 – Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are so pleased to hear you experienced a real taste of HoneyBook's culture, and that we expressed how much we care about your experience by being thoughtful and... More

Operations Interview

Interview

I received an email to schedule a phone interview a little over 2 weeks after applying. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes and I was hoping for more of a conversation, but the person I spoke to jumped from question to question. She said she would follow up with me later in the week. 2 follow up e-mails and 2 weeks later, I still haven't heard back.

Interview Questions

HoneyBook Response

Oct 11, 2016 – CEO & Co-founder

Hi there, I'm really sorry to hear that! That's not cool. Feel free to shoot an email to shadiah@honeybook.com with some details and we'll be sure to get this squared away.

Marketing Interview

Interview

It was a professional yet casual interview at a coffee shop. It was more conversational than I expected, however we covered many thought-compelling topics about myself as well as the company.

Interview Questions

• What could you contribute to our marketing team that we don't already do?   Answer Question

Marketing Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HoneyBook (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Got an interview through a referral. There was a very quick response, it only took a couple of days max. Started out with a phone screen that went extremely well and I was invited onsite. When I arrived, I immediately felt uncomfortable. This is a very small company, but you are forced to take a photograph and wear an 'outsider' badge. This is fine for a corporation, but HoneyBook does a terrible job of representing themselves as the scrappy company they are.

Interview Questions

• Take this sharpie and re-imagine our homepage.   1 Answer

Nov 3, 2016 – Talent Community Manager

We really appreciate your feedback and perspective on our sign-in process, and will take it into consideration when we welcome guests in the future. I'm so sorry you didn't feel the warm welcome we... More

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HoneyBook (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward: phone screen with a recruiting coordinator, phone interview with the hiring manager, onsite with the hiring committee, final onsite/culture check with the head of people.

Interview Questions

• If you had your own podcast, what would it be about and why?   Answer Question

Nov 14, 2017 – Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback--we really appreciate you taking the time to share your interviewing experience! We also hope you share what your podcast would be :-)
    -Jess, Talent Community Manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Not a great experience here. I think their recruiters are inexperienced. They were unable to answer simple questions about what aspects of the position do peers of this role find challenging and how as the company addressed these challenges. Sure they have some features in the press that are positive but what strategies has the company adopted for growth. No one could seem to answer that or what distinguishes Honeybook from others in such a niche industry.

Interview Questions

HoneyBook Response

Oct 27, 2016 – Talent Community Manager

Hi, I'm sorry to hear your experience was so bland if not outright disappointing. I'd like to make sure we take corrective steps to ensure we're conveying our incredible story and challenging and... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HoneyBook (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was great. It involved around 4 phone interviews and 1 in person interview.
    The in person interview was a lot of fun. They started off with an ice breaker and it really helped .
    I also enjoyed that the basic interview questions (background information) was covered in the beginning of the interview with all the interviewers in the room.

Interview Questions

HoneyBook Response

Sep 19, 2016 – Talent Community Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our interview process! We are so happy you had a positive experience and that you had fun with the ice breaker and found the welcome panel to be... More

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HoneyBook (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process was long but well worth it! Everyone at HoneyBook is so caring and you can tell that they truly do, love what they do. I had multiple phone calls, video chats and in-person interviews and I must say, every interaction was perfect. HoneyBook has an amazing team with an awesome product to sell!

Interview Questions

• They have ice breaker questions which are very well thought out and dive deep! One of the questions was: If money wasn't an issue, who would you want on your team and why?   Answer Question

Oct 27, 2016 – Talent Partner

We are so pleased you experienced the HoneyBook magic, and that you took time to meet with all of us. We truly care about making each touch point thoughtful :-)

Thanks!
    Jess, Talent Community... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HoneyBook (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Quite a long interview process.

1. Phone screen with recruiter
    2. Phone screen with Hiring Manager
    3. On-site for 3 hours with 5-6 people

The on-site is draining after talking for 3 hours straight. Everyone was very friendly although I got distracted when one of my interviewers started texting. I had no “account manager” title on my resume but thought I did a great job relating my past experience to the role itself.

They knew my experience from the beginning and that I never had that title. But, I was told that I got positive feedback from my interview and they loved everything about me except that I didn’t have “AM” experience. If this was the only reason they could deny me, they shouldn’t have moved me forward in the beginning (although I am thankful for the opportunity).

I recommend giving people a chance and the willingness to learn. On the job description itself, it said to have similar experience so I believe I was qualified.

Interview Questions

HoneyBook Response

Nov 14, 2017 – Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share detailed feedback on what went well and what we can improve! We're happy to see you had a positive experience overall, and I've shared your review with the team... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HoneyBook (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I got an email from the recruiter saying she wanted to interview me, it first was a 30 minute call. The call was alright, kind of sounded like the answers were scripted and not very relevant to a traditional account manager role.

Interview Questions

• How do you use data to interpret how you will interact with clients?   Answer Question

Nov 13, 2017 – Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback! I'm sorry to hear you had a less than perfect experience interviewing--we try to make each interview challenging but also informative, and it sounds like we didn't quite... More