Hong Leong Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hong Leong Bank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2016

2.5

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hong Leong Bank (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in August 2016.

Interview

Thought it is going to be like a usual management trainee program but ended up its just a fancy title for loan sales. When I am on the phone I keep ask them is it about sales but the HR person said no.

By the way interview is group interview there are few session and each session is about 5-6 people.

PFS Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hong Leong Bank (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2016.

Interview

Business interview very fast and efficient. But once it goes thru HR department, it takes a very long time to process the hiring. I've been waiting for a month since I was interviewed by the Business, and nobody from HR department have any follow ups with me. I even called the HR department but the person whom arranged the interview for me said I need to follow up with a HRRM for the business instead. Why is the candidate being pushed to do the hiring efforts?

Operation, Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hong Leong Bank (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2016.

Interview

Very nice interviewer, friendly and easy to talk to. Simple introduction and a brief explanation of past employments. Involves doing a little bit of IQ/Math test then an essay on the day of interview. Nothing unreasonable so anyone with common sense will definitely pass. Don't know what else you want to me to put to reach 50 words minimum. Lol.

Operation, Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hong Leong Bank (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for interview within 1 days. Interviewed at kl branch.
    Branch manager quite nice. They let me filled in the form about my details.
    The interview process overall is Good. Interview questions were basic questions, added to very simple role playing questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hong Leong Bank.

Interview

Interviewed by Regional Manager, session was lengthy and lots of insides given. Interviewer asked which location i will prefer to work and I had few choices in mind and successfully placed in the branch that i have suggested.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process overall is Good. Straight to the point.
    So far the manager answered all my questions and I'm happy with the answers.
    Was told about the benefits, where I can grow from here and what type of customers they have.

Interview Questions

• Future plans. Goals. Asked if I'm willing to learn and can i handle pressure from complaints.   Answer Question

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hong Leong Bank (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 people. One is the HR manager and the other was the manager of the department I was applying to. They both asked questions. The HR manager would ask questions related to the employee and hiring side of things, whilst the department manager asked about my skills and a bit about my knowledge of finance.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you working long hours at a desk? Do you think you can handle it?   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hong Leong Bank.

Interview

There was a 30 minute math test and a 30 minute comprehension test (kind of like SAT questions). Then, there was an interview which lasted about an hour but it was not intimidating. They basically want to access your personality, not so much on the technical part.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Takaful?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hong Leong Bank (Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was brief and short, as I had experience in banking industries already. I came in late, but then it was not a problem as the interviewee was also busy with her things. But the interview carried out smoothly.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hong Leong Bank (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in August 2014.

Interview

The process was fast. I applied online and received an email for f2f interview within 3 days. Interview questions were basic questions, added to very simple role playing questions. It was a group interview all the way. Beforehand i was asked to prepare for a simple presentation on a subject that was given a few days before. It ended up being an open table discussion. The atmosphere was positive, representatives from Hong Leong were all pleasant and encouraging. There was nothing so difficult about the interview and all went well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question
    • If you could choose one person from this room to get this job who would it be and why.   Answer Question
    • Role playing question whereby as a company we are trying to expand to another market, what and how will you do it.   Answer Question