Horizon Media Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 546 of over 546 interviews

Recruiter12%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Horizon Media

Application

I interviewed at Horizon Media

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and smooth, and I appreciated being able to meet with a number of employees on a variety of teams. Although pre-pandemic, the interview was conducted via Skype and went well using that platform.

Interview Questions
  • If you could be any social media account/page, what would you be?
    Answer Question

Horizon Media

Application

I interviewed at Horizon Media

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. I spoke to HR for an informal phone interview, then went on to the final interview. Everyone I spoke to was extremely kind and answered my questions in great detail.

Interview Questions
  • “Explain a time you were proud of a project you completed "

Horizon Media

Application

I interviewed at Horizon Media

Interview

It was an hour at the office talking to two different people on the team. They asked me questions and then described the team, roles, and what my role would be. Then I had a call with the Leader of the team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in May 2021

Interview

I applied online, got a call from recruiter and scheduled a Phone screen with Hiring Manager, followed by a panel interview (4 team members 30 min each). Although the process is fairly quick ( 2 weeks), but they took 2 more weeks to come back to me with the below response ' We have unfortunately decided to extend an offer to the referral candidate we met with. The team also had very positive feedback to share about your candidacy, the deciding factor was that the other candidate has deeper prior supervisory experience. Here's the thing, after I completed my loop, no referral candidate existed. I had another offer and requested to expedite the final decision but they just prolonged and wasted my team (when they already knew they would like to go ahead with their referral candidate). Please be transparent to your candidates on your hiring decisions and respect their time.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of emphasis on programmatic Media (because this position belonged to that team) and maangerial experience. They're looking for someone who can relocate to NYC (I needed some additional time, to make the move), and can mentor/coach two analysts. They asked me about Media-mix modeling, MTA, and performance marketing-related questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in May 2021

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the HR set up an initial call where she discussed my background, salary, availability and other things. She then set me up with the lead data scientist I’m working with. He reviewed my experiences in my resume and asked me detailed technical questions. I then had an interview with VP and director of analytics who asked me business functional questions about terms of marketing and how I could relate my experience to media. I had a live coding round with the lead data scientist where I was asked to manipulate a data set, import ML libraries, work on data structures in Python. I was asked to code on my Jupyter notebook and the questions were off medium difficulty. He asked me my thought process for a 2D matrix shortest path question The HR then called to negotiate offer. I preferred the LA office and the position was based in NYC. So she offered me a permanently remote role . I’ll have to fly when asked to NYC or LA office, all expenses taken care of.

Interview Questions
  • How do you relate your experiences to analytics in media? Given a string of numbers, write a Python function to add all digits of it until there’s only a single digit left Given a list of numbers with pairs of duplicate numbers , find the number which occurs once. Ex: [4,4,5,5,7,8,8], Output: 7

Horizon Media

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Horizon Media in May 2021

Interview

It was an hour and 30 minute Interview, but you are interviewed by three people who are in your department. They send you an email to help you prepare for the interview and all of the questions they could possibly ask as well.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of something that you overcame in your life?

Horizon Media

Application

I interviewed at Horizon Media

Interview

I met with 3 or 4 individuals. The interviews were a little quick and had asked the same questions as the previous interviewer. There seemed to be a disconnect in the process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about an experience when working with a a difficult team member and how you handled it.

Horizon Media

Application

I interviewed at Horizon Media

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. Nothing too out of the ordinary. First call was a screen with HR then met with members of the team being interviewed for. Made it through to final round but unfortunately did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Horizon Media

Application

I interviewed at Horizon Media

Interview

Interviewed for the summer internship position; had a 15 minute phone screen then back to back half an hour in person interviews with potential supervisors, only behavioral questions related to the role and my resume.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY)

Interview

This was the worst interview experience I’ve had to date. The company had me interview for so many different positions each taking weeks in between for them to get back to me claiming “I got great feedback but didn’t get it so we’re gonna try you on a different team” (They have used this exactly on several candidates I know) The whole process took about 5 months of my life bouncing me from team to team stringing me along with little information and ignored emails in between just for them to in the end, never get back to me. Especially during Covid when finding employment is tough I have absolutely no words for the blatant lack of respect these HR people showed and the extremely unprofessional disorganization from the company as a whole . I unfortunately know too many others who have interviewed for an Assistant level positions at Horizon and had nearly identical experiences

Interview Questions
  • It’s the same questions every time: 1. A time you had to be detail oriented 2. An instance you had to use time management skills 3. Why media/Horizon media 4. Strength/ weakness 5. A time you worked with someone you didn’t get along with or disagreed with 6. A time you had to think analytically or work with data
Viewing 1 - 10 of 546 Interviews