Horizon Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2018

2.8

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

After I applied they immediately got back to me for an interview to just get to know me better. It was a quick phone call, no more than 20min.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experiences and what I enjoyed about the company the most. As well as other simple interview questions. They also asked about my interests in other positions. It seemed as if the person interviewing didn't know what exact position I applied for and tried to make me go for a position I didn't want nor had much experience in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a job at Horizon and was quickly contacted to come in for an interview. In the interview, they tested my excel and math skills, which are both above average for the position I was applying for, and I talked with a couple people I would be working with. The whole process seemed to go well, which was why it was very bizarre when I didn't even hear back. I'm not mad about not getting the job, but it was unfortunate that I never received confirmation that they gave it to someone else.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY).

Interview

HR phone screen then attended a hiring event - met with 6 employees in groups of 2 and had 15 minute interviews with each one speed dating style. Took a math quiz at the end. Got an offer an hour after the event.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I has three interviews (HR and 2 Teams). I was rejected my first interview, but really liked the company and expressed my interest to the HR recruiter. I interviewed again, and landed the position. The interview was very informal and conversational. I talked about my experience, and answered more personality and behavior type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, etc.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Quick and easy interview process. After applying online, I had a preliminary phone screen interview, which was very informational. I came in for two rounds of in-person interviews which consisted of a short media math quiz and meetings with several team members. The interviews where very conversational, and everyone I met with seemed to be generally interested. Offer received the day following the second round. HR was very quick with email responses.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Fairly standard interview. Everyone was very nice, and the office is beautiful. Just be ready to talk about yourself and your experience. Don't be nervous about the "math test" portion - it's really not even a test. Just to make sure they are not hiring someone completely incompetent with numbers. Overall a good experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The whole process was very quick and painless. I submitted my resume by LinkedIn and received an email from HR asking to schedule a call within a few days. I was asked to come in for an interview the following week. Before my interview, I took a quick 10 question math quiz. I met with two people from the team separately for about 30 minutes each, both were very friendly and easy to talk to. A few hours later, I got an email asking me to come back in the next day to meet with two more senior members of the department. I received an offer about 2 days later. Everyone was very friendly and made me feel super welcome.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR about a week after I applied (through LinkedIn). Set up a phone interview with HR. Had another phone interview the next day with a Senior member of the team. They were able to bring me in the next day to meet with 4 members of the team (Senior, Associate Director, Director, VP). Received an offer about a week later. Very quick process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Horizon gave great interviews. Interviews came with different questions concerning personality type and past experience. If by chance you did not get the job, but Horizon liked you as a candidate, they would try hard to match you with another team. Everyone I met with was very friendly and open to any and all questions I brought to the table.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you faced at work and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through HR for the position and had a phone interview two days later. I then came in to meet with 3 people on the team on two separate occasions and took a short 5 question math quiz. I was asked for references on the same day as my second interview and received an offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences and how they fit with this role.   Answer Question