Horizon Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2018

2.8

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed at the New York office with other candidates. It was like a superday. We arrived at the same time and then were brought to a big room and sat at different tables (for different departments).

Interview Questions

• It was really chill. Basically they asked for your background first and some professional skills you have.   Answer Question

Traffic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY).

Interview

I've applied to Horizon Media before and usually you have a phone screen, and then they decide to see if they want to move forward with you for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Assistant Brand Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Media (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interviewed for two different brand strategist position at two departments. Both feature a first-round interview and a pop-up interview with a higher executive.

The first department I interviewed for handles Disney account. Two out of three people were absent, and the only one left seems pretty frat-boy-like and snobbish, saying the f word a lot. I get it he tried to maintain it casual but the questions he asked were so not in-depth. Afterwards his boss, a senior executive came in for another round. But she only asked the same questions, showing her lack of genuine care. Overall not a good team to be in - only shallow frat-boy and sorority-girl type would fit in there well.

The second department I interviewed for was much better, very down to earth team. They showed really good vibe among themselves and asked in-depth and empathetic questions. Second round was with the VP of that department. Super nice guy, out-of-box thinker, asked me very insightful questions.

Interview Questions

• What ads do you pay attention to, and why they are good in your opinion?   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Submitted Resume Online and heard back within the next week. It was an initial phone screening, that led to an in person interview with 2 different teams. They asked me to come back and meet with the rest of the 2 teams, plus another one. After that it took about 3 days to hear back for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Whats your interest in digital media?   1 Answer

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Had a scheduled phone interview with the talent acquisition partner. The conversation was fairly short about 15 minutes. The interviewer asked if I have any questions regarding the position and answered my questions thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• How was it like for you as a team member? What kind of personality would others be describing you as?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward and very efficient. The internal HR team reached out to me first and set up an interview to meet with 4 people (2 teams). I then was called in for a 2nd interview and got the job. The HR team is very helpful and extremely responsive.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Brief phone interview, then was invited to come in person for an interview with two of the teams. Only was able to interview with one that day. Was told I would hear back in a week but was never contacted, and follow-up was ignored.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Media.

Interview

Definitely took awhile but worth it. They were helpful through out the process. They were interested in past internships/jobs and how they can apply to Horizon. I loved the atmosphere of the office.

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Probably the quickest interview process I've ever had. Not too difficult. Theres a 10 question math assessment before the in person interview. (Learn the CPM formula) Otherwise simple fractions and percent questions.

Interview Questions

• Whats a difficult situation you faced and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Horizon Media (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with analysts and a director for a temp job. They seemed rather disorganized and I got different impressions from the recruiter. The people I met seemed rather competent and nice. They did not bother to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer