Hospital for Special Surgery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital for Special Surgery (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and recieved a phone call about 3 weeks later. I missed it and had to call them back. I was set up for a face to face interview with the Director of the Department. Talent Acquisition are very professional and friendly people. The staff at the hospital were also very pleasant and helpful. Although i wasnt offered a position i'd still recommend anyone looking for a job to apply here!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hospital for Special Surgery.

Interview

Applied online, received a link to schedule a phone interview that day which occurred the following day. HR was upfront and transparent in explaining the interview procedure and on boarding procedure since I was on a time crunch. I had an in person interview the day after the the phone interview and after the HR interview had an interview with 2 patient care directors at the hospital. I received an offer the next day and began the on boarding process.

Fyi on the online application it says a minimum of 1 year na/pca experience and I had less experience (about 7 months at the time) and still was interviewed. Having experience with epic was a major talking point in all my interviews with HSS.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about HSS?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hospital for Special Surgery in July 2018.

Interview

Overall the process took about two weeks. Interviewed with HR one week and on the floor the next week. Both interviewers we're very friendly and answered all the questions that I had about the role.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard i.e: tell us about yourself, past experiences, strengths, weaknesses, 5 year plan.   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hospital for Special Surgery (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

it was very swift, efficient, you knew right away if you got the job because they will tell you and also let you know what to do to speed up the on board process.

Interview Questions

• what do you do if a patient is agitated and refuse your help?   1 Answer

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hospital for Special Surgery.

Interview

Stageset with various people in the department I would be working. shadowing of senior in position I applied for. Very good yet slow interview process

Human resources was a bit disorganized and took sometime to get back to me.

Client Services Interview

Interview

I was free lance consultant before being hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hospital for Special Surgery (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty simple: I applied on their website and received responses within a week on average. The only downside to their website is that you have to apply with the same cover letter and resume - no tailoring it to different jobs (if, for instance, you want to apply for medical assistant as well as research).

The interview was straightforward. I met with the hiring manager, then met the research team, then spoke to one of the physicians who I would be working with had I received the job. They were very clear in their expectations of research assistants, which I appreciated.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hospital for Special Surgery (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I received an email from the current research coordinator a few days after I submitted my resume confirming that I will be considered for the position. A couple of weeks later, I was invited to interview at the Hospital. The interview environment was casual, and I met with the coordinator, a research nurse, and the principle investigator.

Assistant Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hospital for Special Surgery (New York, NY).

Interview

A friend knew the CEO and she asked him if she could put me in touch with him. We spoke on the phone and then when a position opened up he had me come in and meet with him and the Director of Development. I interviewed with the two of them separately and then a few other people and was offered the job within a week.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Hospital for Special Surgery (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied in November. Contacted by an HR Rep in December for an early-January interview. First met with HR, then with the head of the department I would work in. HR meeting lasted about 1 hour or so. Meeting with department head lasted maybe 30 mins. Introduced to some team members on the way out. Followed up with HSS once every 2-4 weeks with about 3 total emails sent in that time. The first two emails generated almost the same exact response - they're still looking at all the candidates, still interviewing, etc.... The third email did not get a response at all. I'm not sure whether or not I'm still in the running for the position. No communication in almost 2 months now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your history and how you would fit into the open position.   Answer Question