Houlihan's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Houlihan's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.0

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houlihan's.

Interview

Brief, easy going, took about 15 minutes. The interviewer was specific about what the job would entail. This was a grand opening of a location in Grand Rapids, so the staff would all be starting out on the same level, and this meant that there would be a week long training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan's.

Interview

Online application requires an IQ test. First interview is typically with an assistant manager, second interview with GM. Interviews were brief and seemed to be more to "get a feel" for the person than to grill them with industry-related questions

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite menu item from the last restaurant you worked at.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had five tables walk in at the same time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Houlihan's (Holmdel, NJ).

Interview

Walked in with resume in hand. Met with manager. Chatted for a bit. Manager liked me and was scheduled for a second interview with GM within a week. Met with GM and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever served before?   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Houlihan's (Eatontown, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was informative and the interviewer wanted to know all about my work experience. He was very friendly and easy to talk to. The Kitchen manager was impressed with my credentials and my work experience. We talked for about 15 to 20 minutes and the kitchen manager showed me around the establishment. When the process was completed the Kitchen manager said that he would contact me in a few days to let me know the status of the interview. It only took 24 hours for the Kitchen manager to contact me and offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• What type of positions have I held in the past? Why drove me to want to cook? What are some of my strengths and weaknesses in the kitchen? Do I have any supervisory skills and have I ever been in the position of management in the kitchen?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything that i asked for was accepted. I wanted to work in the evenings on Sundays and I wanted to be paid a certain amount per hour based upon my skills.

Anonymous Employee in Bayonne, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houlihan's (Bayonne, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

The face to face interview was not bad at all. The test that you had to take however was a whole other story. Lots of studying needed if you are going to pass the written section.

Interview Questions

• Name top 20 food items and their ingredients.   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Houlihan's.

Interview

They called me in and basically just wanted to know if I could work all hours. I said yes so I was pretty much hired on the spot, as long as I was able to serve alcohol.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Houlihan's.

Interview

Two interview process first with area director then with owners. Review of background then offer was made. There was little negotiations first interview was with area director gm
    Of restaurant and the head chef.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Houlihan's (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Filled out a paper application and was contacted by phone to come in for a face-to-face interview. Met with the kitchen manager and front of house manager to discuss previous experiences, former employers, goals, etc.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions here. They asked about work history, willingness to move among positions in the restaurant, and schedule availability.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Houlihan's (Champaign, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Very good ?'s Talked about training

Interview Questions

• what did you do when a guest complained?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Houlihan's (Paramus, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

Easy interview, the managers wants to know what kind of worker you are and how you treat people. The GM and server manager will talk with you and tell you what they are looking for.