Housing Works Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Housing Works Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.1

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Housing Works.

Interview

The process took a whole month. I meet with two supervisors and one borough director was present the room because the wasn't sure what office I was going to be place at. The if you pass that interview, you move on to a group interview with a client present which I taught was weird because knowing the client state of mind that the population I was going to be working with, I didn't see how he got to interview as well but I rolled with it. Then if you passed that, you would then meet the VP which there was only one question asked. It was long an unnecessary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handle a client who was irate   Answer Question

Creative Arts Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Housing Works (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Spent an hour talking and left feeling positive but never heard back from them. I would have appreciated a call back. Especially since I sent a follow up letter I think a response would have been appropriate

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position   1 Answer

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Housing Works (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed at Housing Works for a social work position and offered the job. They asked typical interview questions. I was also given a second interview with clients of HW who asked more in-depth questions about my knowledge of LGBTQ issues.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on harm reduction?   1 Answer

Custodian Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Housing Works (Bronx, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was with a department of engineer team from the bronx community college, and i was call for a second interview, but i declined the job because we couldn't agree on the salary range and benefits package.

Interview Questions

• The interview was based on my personal work experience, skills and knowledge in the custodian field.   1 Answer

Disagreement on salary.

Sale's Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Housing Works (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It was completely disarming, as if all the adrenaline associated with job interviews had dissipated in the arrangement of stuffed chairs, on the way in. It took place in a basement filled with clutter and antiques with the appearance of a theatrical wardrobe. It might have been Joan River's house.

Interview Questions

• Key interests and background which make me a relevant candidate for work in a dual-capacity, as a store manager and representative of Housing Works culture of volunteerism, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well sort of, I had to rotate back in as a temp, by which time the person I had originally applied to was gone, but I continued with the company in other locations.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Housing Works (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Terrible! My first interview with the medical director went great and I was invited back for a second interview. For both interviews, I had to change my work schedule around in order to go to the interview and I also had to commute 2+ hours each way. I didn't have a problem with that, except after the second interview, which was a complete waste of time. I felt from the very moment I walked in the room, they were not interested in me. Why ask for a second interview, knowing that I had to change my work schedule around? Not only that, but the nurses who interviewed me were obviously not listening to me because on several occasions, one of them would ask a question, then a few minutes later, another nurse would ask the same question.

After the interview, I got in touch via phone and email to thank everyone for the interviews and their time. I didn't even get a reply... not even a "thanks, but we found a better fit." This was without a doubt the worst interview I ever went on. They were completely unprofessional. Luckily, I found a great job working with a brilliant group of doctors and NPs. Don't waste your time with this organization.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Housing Works (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Hiring took two weeks. Interview with District Manager or Director of Stores. Then Store Manager meet and greet, Then finally with with Vice President of Thrifts (Cheryl). Questions are simple and straight forward. Go interview looking like you! Have a personality.

Interview Questions

• Past Experience? What do you know about Housing Works? What are your skill set? If your in the store and interview... what would you change?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Housing Works in October 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume for a position as an Intern at one of the Housing Works Thrift Shops. Almost two months later I was contacted via phone by one of the volunteer coordinators. She left a message informing me that she was interested in having me Intern and wanted me to start right away. She was not initially going to even interview me she was simply going to have me come in and start but then she said that we will have a phone interview. We set up a phone interview and she asked me a total of two questions and then I went down to the store to have some paperwork signed to start interning. The volunteer coordinator/ assistant manager was very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Housing Works does not pay interns.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

You will be called in for an interview, if you passed that you will be called in for a interview with upper managment including two clients

Interview Questions

• Mostly a bunch of "tell me about a time when" questions etc   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very Straight forward