Houston Texans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.8

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Texans (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Just a phone interview so far. She was an HR rep, not the specific department's supervisor. She asked a couple situational questions; "a time when you provided good customer service. a time when you gave good service but couldn't satisfy the customer." She had a very hard time following and understanding what I was referring to. I had to explain the situation multiple times. She later relayed to me that she had been there for 2 yrs and still didn't know "what everybody does". That's when I realized she had a hard time following my answers because she probably had zero (or very little) knowledge of game operations, services, or locations that are common in a sports venue. When she requested the interview she told me it would last 15-20 mins. I was very pressed for time being that my current team of employment had a game that evening and it was a busy day, but I wanted to make it work. She not only called me 6 mins late, but then the call lasted 40 mins. She never once asked about job specific experience or any questions regarding the role and why I'm qualified for it. Because of the late start and length of the call, I was forced to talk and drive my car, and park, and walk through a busy downtown, all while trying to articulate my thoughts for an opportunity that could change my life. It was very rough and I could not be more disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave good service but couldn't satisfy the customer.   Answer Question

Marketing Design Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houston Texans (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by email by an HR manager from the Houston Texans a couple of weeks after submitting my online application. I was given several time frames to choose from to schedule a phone interview within the next two days. The HR manager called me at the time we agreed. I was very disappointed by how tactless the only question she asked me was. I can understand having a set budget for a determined position, but when you don't even bother to determine if the candidate is the right fit and is what your company is looking for just because you're set on paying someone three coins, that says a lot about the company. She did not ask me one question about my resume, my skills, my experience... The only thing she asked me was: "How much are you looking to be paid?" My answer was that I was flexible about the salary, to which she responded: "This is sports. We don't pay more than 30K for an entry level position. The salary is not negotiable. How much do you earn right now?" I was not expecting this lack of professionalism from this company.

Benefits Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Texans (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole process started in the first week of September 2016 and lasted all the way through final communications in December 2016. During that time frame I came in for interviews with team members on two different occasions, took both an excel competency test and DISC assessment, and was told that I was a top candidate- even as they revised the role to encompass more general HR work. They even went as far as calling all of my references.

As a native Houstonian and long time Texans fan, I held the organization in very high regard and was excited for the opportunity to be able to work with a leading charitable organization that strives to be the best in the industry.

Based on my experience, I am disappointed that that company culture and mission doesn't apply to their recruiting practice as well. After months in process, several calls and emails to follow-up and stay in touch, I was disappointed to then not receive any close out or response to final communications. And then was very disappointed to find out on my own via social media that they hired someone January 2017 without closing out their "top candidates". Based on the experience, I may have "dodged a bullet".

Interview Questions

• They asked very generic behavioral questions and followed a form that was used for everyone by Recruitment.   Answer Question

Training Camp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houston Texans (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

30 minute interview. sat down with the corporate development coordinator. Very nice and casual. I interviewed in the stadium. a week later they called and told me that i had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• really just wanted to learn about work ethic. ask a few behavioral qustions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Texans.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted the same day by HR for a phone interview. I was scheduled for an interview about 2 weeks later and met with two people on the team that I would be working with. I received an offer and accepted approximately 3 weeks after my interview. There wasn't much negotiation because it was a minimum-wage level intern position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a funny story about your experience in college (pertaining to my major/field of work)   Answer Question

Tailgate Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houston Texans (Houston, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview as a group interview of 10 with three interviewers asking questions each interviewee could answer based on their past experience or what they attend to do in a certain citation. The interview was geared for the position.

Interview Questions

• What customer service experience you had in a position where the customer was difficult.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, but it was a seasonal job.