Houston Zoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Houston Zoo Interview Questions

2.2

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Houston Zoo in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy going, standard retail position gets very slow but during the holidays is very very busy! Overall there were generally no complaints about how the process went just be yourself!

Bird Keeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Zoo (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email within a month requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was on speakerphone with three people that work in the bird department, so it was a little hard to hear. They asked 10 questions and then emailed me two more questions to answer and email back within 24 hours.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houston Zoo (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a very relaxed phone interview with questions regarding why I wanted the internship. It lasted 45 minutes and mostly consisted of me asking questions for the second half of it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a zoo?   1 Answer

Zookeeper Bird Department Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Zoo.

Interview

Sent an online application and resume to HR after finding the post on AZA.org A few weeks later received an email from HR to set up a phone interview for the following week since I lived out of state. The phone interview was on speaker phone with 2 supervisors and the bird curator, lasted about 20-25 minutes. They asked a series of questions that weren't too bad. Be prepared to tell them what interested you about the Houston Zoo and why. They emailed me a few written questions that I needed to email back within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult employee/conflict in the work place? What strengths do you have? If all of the animals were fine in your exhibit and accounted for but there was blood all over the exhibit what conclusion would you come to and how would you handle it?   1 Answer
    • What traits do you think are important in a supervisor and that you want to see? Define teamwork in your own words. What relevant aviculture experience do you have? What makes you unique?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Zoo (Houston, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with Vice president of operations , then interviewed with manager of department

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would improve the department   4 Answers