Hubbell Power Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.2

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenoir City, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hubbell Power Systems (Lenoir City, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process is easy going. I have a strong resume, and I feel that it wasn't even necessary. A lot of Spaniards work there, and a lot of them cannot or choose not to speak any English. Although they're hard workers, I wonder how they even passed the orientation process.... But I also understand that we are all looking for a country that we can all call "our own."

Interview Questions

• They asked what shift I would like to work on.   1 Answer

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hubbell Power Systems (Buffalo, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview went fine. No strange questions. The process after was bazar as weeks went by with no contact. I finally sent an e-mail and got a response 10 days later. I assumed they chose another person. No. They wanted me. They new what I already made and what I wanted. They spent more time meeting with me and were unable to make my basic pay requirements. What a waste of time! Their home office is in South Carolina. RED FLAG. H.R. dept. was also from there and was disorganized and had a labor charge filed as well. Stay far away.............

Interview Questions

• If there was a safety issue on the line what would you do?   1 Answer

Salary was too low.

Molder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hubbell Power Systems (Aiken, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

very easy, I think they were just looking for anyone. I had some experience. They were not very up front about the job or hours and stuff. I wish they would have asked me more about my experience and what I could do.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hubbell Power Systems (Aiken, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

Temporary position to permanent so your interview is your work ethics and production rates. They rate you on if you are able to be on time, no missed days and your knowledge about production. Your ability to communicate with your supervisors, engineers and support staff. They also rate you on how many machines you are signed off on.. At least three are required to be hired within 90 days but it is not explained to the employee as to see how eager you are to learn.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hubbell Power Systems (Leeds, AL).

Interview

Applied through UAB career center. Was selected for an interview and received an offer to intern for the spring semester. Towards the end of my time I was asked to stay longer but couldn't due to course load for summer and fall. Excellent experience to have on the resume

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation salary is advertised in the posting

Molder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hubbell Power Systems (Aiken, SC) in May 2013.

Interview

One on one with Larry Mathis. His questions were simply and straight to the point. If asked what's expected salary, say negotiable. Never answer a question that is not asked and if terminated from last job just be honest about why u were fired.

Interview Questions

• What is your number 1 priority   1 Answer

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Hubbell Power Systems (Birmingham, AL) in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter. He was very thorough, one of the most thorough I've worked with. I had several phone interview. I had to talk with some specific people and they had a hard time coordinating schedules.. Eventually there was a face to face interview which was a few panel interviews. Some minor negotiations over Cobra costs then I accepted their offer. The relo was top notch.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It wasn't tough but it slowed the process down as additional approvals were needed

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hubbell Power Systems in December 2009.

Interview

There were three interviews by three different groups of people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was typical. They made an offer, there was a counter offer. We met in the middle.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hubbell Power Systems in February 2009.

Interview

The process was very informal and went very well. Did not ask too many situational questions. Basically was it a personality fit.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a difficult situation in which you had to overcome a customers negative experience with your company and turn it into a positive relationship?   Answer Question