Human Rights Watch Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter and then had a phone interview with an associate. A few weeks later, I received a call from the director of the division to let me know I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Human Rights Watch

Intern Interview

Interview

I saw the announcement for a Human Rights Watch internship online. It was a dual internship, assisting two departments at once. I sent my resume, references, and application materials by email. I then was contacted for a phone interview, an online skill test, and a video conference interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Human Rights Watch.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. Was about a 20 minute phone call. Interviewer was basically interested in why I applied for the position and how my previous experience related to the internship.

Interview Questions

• Asked specific questions about previous experience listed on resume   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Human Rights Watch in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy. He asked me many questions like why I am interested in HRW and what countries I would prefer to work on. I got the offer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Human Rights Watch (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Was asked for a phone interview, by came in for a in person interview, got the offer the same day. was explained the responsibilities and asked about my interests and knowledge of foreign languages. The interview was not stressful; I had a very pleasant interviewer

Intern Interview

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews. It wasn't too difficult.The first interview was more general. During the second I got to delve into my interests a bit more and ask more in depth questions about HRW.

Interview Questions

• This was such a long time ago. I suppose it is a bit difficult to come up with fresh questions during the second round. So one question I asked was for my interviewer to outline the differences between hrw and amnesty.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Human Rights Watch (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a fairly short in-person interview after applying online. Mostly talked about my background and interests, as well as my knowledge as to how HRW operates. Make sure to do your homework and have some knowledge of the division you're applying to.

Interview Questions

• What sorts of issues should Human Rights Watch look into? Do you think a human rights approach to public health is valuable?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Human Rights Watch.

Interview

I had one interview over the phone and a second interview in person. They contacted me by e-mail to set up both the interviews and the interviewer was great. It is a great place to intern.

Interview Questions

• It was normal interview questions, nothing difficult or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Human Rights Watch (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Straight forward interview. Asked about qualifications, relevant experience, and why I wanted to work there. It was helpful that I had recently reviewed favorite Human Rights Watch reports to cite during the process. Straight forward interview. Asked about qualifications, relevant experience, and why I wanted to work there. It was helpful that I had recently reviewed favorite Human Rights Watch reports to cite during the process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Human Rights Watch.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with the Associate. Half of the the interview was in English and half was in Spanish. Then, there was a timed exam. If I remember correctly it was 1 or 2 hours to research a specific topic (killings in Juarez, Mexico) and write a report. If you pass this round, you have a final phone interview with the Researcher.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were expected...i.e. why do you want to work for Human Rights Watch? What skills can you offer to Human Rights Watch?   Answer Question