Human Rights Watch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Human Rights Watch Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Human Rights Watch.

Interview

Phone Interview after being recommended by another employee
    Somewhat long phone conversation, very polite and pleasant, expected questions based on my interest in the field and for the specific department
    Received an email with an offer about two weeks after that

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Human Rights Watch.

Interview

The process took about a month in total. I submitted my application online. I then had a phone interview, and then I moved on to the next round, with an assessment. Then I was called in for a face-to-face interview. They called my references and received an offer about a week later.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Human Rights Watch in June 2017.

Interview

They called for a phone interview. It was hasty and lacking real interest. They asked several questions about my personality but nothing about why I would make a great Associate or what experiences in my professional life would allow me to excel. I was cut off several times and it was somewhat rude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Human Rights Watch (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application, I received an email a month later asking for an automated video interview which was 6 questions long. About a week after submitting the video interview, I had a written "skill test". I never heard from the organization after that and a month later saw via the portal that I had not received the job . This is one of my favorite organizations and have worked with them in the past, but the processed did leave me a little disenfranchised.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Human Rights Watch.

Interview

I applied in early March and was contacted for an interview at the end of March. The interview process consisted of one phone interview with an employee within the department to which I applied, followed by a response within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What's a recent article put out by Human Rights Watch that you would like to discuss?   Answer Question

International Justice Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Human Rights Watch (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and concise. I did a video interview as the first screening process and then I had an in-person interview in New York City.

Interview Questions

• How has your experience prepared you for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Human Rights Watch (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Received an email prompt exactly 2 weeks later to complete an automated video interview. Once you opened the prompt, you made an account on a third party website to begin interview - questions were automated. Asked 5 straightforward questions about my interest in the role and how they factored in to my career goals.

Development & Outreach Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Human Rights Watch in March 2017.

Interview

Video interview made up of only four questions. Fairly straightforward questions that asked why you wanted to work for Human Rights Watch in particular and when you're available start date was.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Human Rights Watch (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

First, I had to submit a resume and cover letter. You were then emailed confirming an interview. You have the first interview, which is short and easy. Then, you have a skills test exam where you have to write a research report, and then a second interview with senior researcher if you make it past the exam.

Interview Questions

• The exam had you do a research report in 3 hours. Was difficult and time sensitive, but a little fun. Made it past, but got rejected after the final interview.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Human Rights Watch (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I participated in an email exchange in order to assess if I met the basic requirements. This was followed by an in-person interview. I received a response about a week after my interview.