Humber College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Humber College Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2017

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Humber College.

Interview

the interview was done in multiple steps. in person interview, but also computer skills test as well. You had to maintain conversation and be able to answer the questions asked by the interviewer. try to be on point.

Dynamic CRM Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Humber College in August 2016.

Interview

I applied throngh recuriter and got interview a weeks after. The interviewer asked questions about interpersonal skills and project management skills and test. I didn't get well prepared story and evan any clue to answer. So I think the impression is awful. And they don't care too much about your technical skills.

Student Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Panel of 4 people, basic interview questions. Some of the questions were scenario, others were based on getting to know candidate. The process was very quick, accepted offer only 2 days after interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a troubled student? What services would you offer to ..... student?   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a group interview at the beginning. It was actually an info session and the employer explained what we would do and how it was like at job. Some previous co-ops shared their experience with us and it sounded wonderful. Actually it was the info session that convinced me to take this job, as I wasn't interested in tutoring jobs before. The individual interview took half an hour, and I was asked to pick a question on a paper. I picked the one I was familiar with, but unfortunately I got it wrong. I found it out and asked whether I could do it again, and the employer was pleasant that I got it right at the second time. I believed that I screwed up the interview, but I got the offer, which is weird...

Interview Questions

• What if you cannot solve the question students ask?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I knew someone who introduced me to the Associate Dean in charge of hiring Continuing Education professors so that was my "in." They want some prior experience with teaching adults. Show that you are mindful of ESL students and students from other countries/cultures.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught a student cheating during an exam?; What if student plagiarized assignment?   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward and pleasant with a technical test. I sat down with the Help Desk manager who discussed the role and my past experience. There was a written technical test which I believed I passed. The manager contacted the recruiter and told them that I wasn't chosen for the position. 36 hours later they called back and offered me the position. This made me think that both employer and recruiter were disorganized. I almost didn't accept the position or would have asked for more money but only agreed for pocket money for the Christmas season. While going through the training process I noted a smugness and arrogance of the Manager followed by complete disorganisation when the average amount of call coming into the Help Desk were over 40 plus a day. The average in any call centre are 25 to 30. There are numerous procedures the average hourly salary for the position should be $25/hr.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Panel interview consisting of 4 members. The interviewers took turns asking questions related to the type of collaboration relevant to their positions. The questions varied from technical to ethical. The questions were fair and relevant to the position. The process was very formal and structured however the interviewers were polite, open to discussion and interested in my experiences.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflicting data?   1 Answer

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Humber College.

Interview

If you get selected from the countless of resumes submitted to the recruiter, you will be brought in for an interview, as the recruiter makes the judgement call on who to present. You get the interview and make an impression, then you will be presented with IT test...Somewhat easy if you have knowledge or experience. If you pass the interview and test, you will have a job!...it's only temporary and will not advance you to get full time position, as there are others waiting for a chance that are working there as contracts but at least they are steady contracts and they have been there for years!

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation when an irate user came to you and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You negotiate with the recruiter and agree on a wage. Make sure you incorporate, Vacation time not given to contracts, Overtime pay (Which is time and half) they usually charge you the same rate, Stat Holiday pay and Other benefits that one can think of. This will increase your negotiation powers when dealing with recruiters, as they will make the money either way if you do not demand it!

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Humber College (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

in person after submitting resume and CL I applied through my school website. Got the interview slot, went in for an hour and the overall experience was good. I got an email within a weeks time letting me know I had received the offer and had a week to respond. I enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a weekness   1 Answer

Faculty Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very simple. They are giving you one topic and you have to present using PowerPoint or any software tool. They will check your presentation skills and your knowledge of the subject.