Husky Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.7

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Husky Energy (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Really easy they were very kind nothing hard was asked the environment was really nice they made me feel comfartable they wantes to know more about how well you manage your reletionships with people and experiences

Systems Analyst Co-op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Husky Energy.

Interview

Standard 30 min phone interview, all behavioral questions. Asked for your ability to manage multiple deadlines, as well as how you perform inside a group. About 5-7 questions were asked. The interviewer is friendly and patient.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most efficient group you have worked with   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you exceeded expectations   Answer Question
    • What do you know about husky energy and why do you want to work for us   Answer Question

Engineering Co-op Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Husky Energy in February 2017.

Interview

Received an email from a third party company called "Take the Interview" to complete a video recording interview for later evaluation by Husky. They showed you the question on screen and then you had 30 seconds to come up with a response, you then had 2 minutes to answer. Questions were standard eligibility mixed in with behavioral. The whole recording your interview was very impersonal and made it harder to take it seriously.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Husky Energy.

Interview

Applied online with a good reference, got a call back about 2 weeks later to schedule an interview, had a phone interview, got an offer about a week later.

Almost all of the questions were behavioral questions. The interviewer wasn't very warm and friendly and seemed more like just reading off a sheet.

Single Well Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Husky Energy in November 2016.

Interview

I applied in september on their website, and heard back from then in november. First a video interview, which needs to be completed within 72 hours. Then phone interview about a week later. Fairly straightforward overall, and simple and effective.

COOP Engineering Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Husky Energy (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

received a email to do a 30 mins video interview and I did not know for the first two days. good thing that they send a an other email to remind me of it. overall it was easy but the video had a timer and that was hard to ignore.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at husky   2 Answers

Summer Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Husky Energy.

Interview

Just an interview with 2 husky employees. It took about an hour. Mostly talked about what you have accomplished. All the questions were HR related. They want examples for all the questions they asked

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you worked in a team. What did you contribute?   Answer Question

Downstream Project Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Husky Energy (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I have applied online through Husky website in May, 2016. I got a call for an interview in August for a position starting in September. My interpretation of a late call for an interview is they changed/cancelled position requirements and review resumes again to get someone hired for a September.

I have had previous summer employment with another Oil and Gas company and had lots of questions on that.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your decision making using flow charts ?   1 Answer
    • Let's go over your resume and skills.   1 Answer

Engineering CO-OP (Pipeline Project) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Husky Energy in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. I had previous oil and gas experience which I acquired through a summer student program; providing me with an edge over the average candidate. Initial interview was on the phone with an HR recruiter, consisting of very straightforward questions. None of the questions were tricky, most of them were the classic `behavior` ones. After that was complete. a second interview with the hiring manger was scheduled a week after the first one. Same concept, except now the hiring manager asked about how you worked independently.

After both interviews were completed, it sounded like they were happy with the outcome. However, they started beating around the bush about an offer and did not provide me with a clear `no you did not get the job`.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you became stuck on a given task?   Answer Question

Interview

There were not a lot of questions. Just normal interview process. I got to know them through a family friend. I went directly for the interview and got the job on site. I started working the other day