Hutchinson Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.6

Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hutchinson Technology (Fargo, ND) in October 2015.

Interview

Talked with someone at a job fair, which led to me being invited back the next day for an interview. The interview consisted of two people, one engineer/supervisor who did most of the talking and one manager who I later found out oversees the intern program.

Interview Questions

• What term is used to describe the linear region of a materials stress-strain diagram?   1 Answer

Process Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hutchinson Technology in February 2015.

Interview

On campus interview followed by on-site tour and interview. Mix of HR and technical questions, everyone was very friendly. Focused more on the big picture of learning and evaluating than smaller details...measure twice and cut once type of mentality.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember details but all were sort of trick questions that required more thinking conceptually than getting the "correct" answer...Questions regarding heat transfer, materials properties, ect   Answer Question

Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hutchinson Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

applied online through school website. phone interview with one of the lead engineer. going over resume and then technical questions. expected normal behavioral questions. the technical question is more like an IQ test. the result is out within an month and the HR will call you and see if you accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• does it take longer to boil eggs on the top of mountain   1 Answer

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hutchinson, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hutchinson Technology (Hutchinson, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

Sent an email with my resume, was called back within 2 days to schedule and interview in person.
    Went in for the interview which was very easy no pressure and laid back (with the old HR rep)

Interview Questions

• What are your previous experiences within a production/assembly background   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a day of numerous interviews by supervisors and managers, tours

Interview Questions

• The refridgerator question: "If you open a refridgerator in a closed room, what happens?"   1 Answer

Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hutchinson, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hutchinson Technology (Hutchinson, MN) in February 2012.

Interview

1 phone screening, and 1 on-site interview. 2 weeks before hearing the final decision. Then did the drug test, and background check before the final offer was sent to me.

Interview Questions

• auto cad blueprint reading and questions on these buleprints.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hutchinson Technology (Eau Claire, WI) in January 2012.

Interview

I went to a temp service because it was no longer possible to get into the company through direct applications. The turnover was so high that pretty much anyone could have just walked in said they would work at hutch and they would have been accepted.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work at hutchinson?   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hutchinson Technology (Eau Claire, WI) in August 2011.

Interview

two supervisors interviewed me. There was a group of us waiting one by one to go into the interview room. One supervisor seemed rude, but the other one was polite. They asked a few questions about my last job and why i wanted to work for them. Simple stuff really.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work the night shift?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hutchinson Technology in March 2010.

Interview

It was very professional. Hotel arrangements the night before were adequate and near to the office. They asked a mixture of soft and technical questions in the interview. There were some parts of their facility that they could not show me during the tour.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class in high school? Totally threw me off-guard!   1 Answer

Kolonoscopy Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hutchinson Technology in March 2009.

Interview

In person meetinginitially
    3 x phone interviews