Hydrite Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.2

QC Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cottage Grove, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hydrite (Cottage Grove, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screening via recruiter then two in-person interviews with HR and members of the QC team. Numerous red flags during tour of facility including inexplicable odors within main laboratory. Employees in various departments looked miserable. Very high turnover rate, dangerous work with poor ventilation, temp-to-hire with zero benefits and excessive overtime, ridiculously low pay compared to local market average. Incompetent, unskilled management and surprising lack of professionalism throughout the process. Lack of communication between recruiter and Hydrite. Run far, far away from this company unless you want to continue poisoning the entirety of Cottage Grove's water supply as they did decades ago while lying through their teeth. Look up all the lawsuits filed against them if you want to educate yourself.

Quality Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hydrite.

Interview

There was a phone screening with HR, and then 2 follow up interviews. Each interview took a little over an hour,I believe. There were not any surprise type questions, mainly focusing on why you are the right fit for the position.

TS&D Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hydrite (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview
    The interview was pretty relaxed and the questions were pretty much what is expected from a typical interview. I was given plenty of information about the company as well during the call. An interview should work both ways between an interviewer and interviewee, and this interview was just that.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      Why did you choose your area of study?   Answer Question

TS&D Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hydrite (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

A recruiter found me online and asked if they could send my information to HR for the position, which had been posted for roughly 6 weeks at that point. A day later I had a phone interview with somebody from HR that was fairly casual, since the conversation went both ways. We went over my resume and I got to ask lots of questions.

The onsite interview was frankly, a waste of my time. Incredibly disorganized on Hydrite's part.

I met with three individuals from HR first, who went over my resume with me and asked me the same questions I had been asked a week prior. None of them knew what business unit was looking for a chemist (really??), and none of them knew what I would be doing on a daily basis. The HR manager went out of her way to tell me how they have been voted one of the best places to work in the Milwaukee area and how wonderful their culture was.

I then met with the Lab Manager and Executive Director. When I asked about what sort of projects I would be working on I was given very general responses from both individuals. Neither of them had seen my resume at that point, didn't know I used a recruiter, and didn't even know if HR had spoken with me yet. They didn't know how many candidates applied, who would interview for the position, or when they expected to make any sort of decision. The lack of communication and direction within the company was pathetic.

After my interview the recruiter had to follow up with the company multiple times, without ever getting any sort of feedback. A month later I received a generic email stating that they were not offering me the position.

Zero technical questions were asked throughout the whole process, which is a bit confusing considering they were looking to hire somebody technical to work as the interface between sales and their customers. No tour of the lab was offered either.

For a company that supposedly had a great culture, Hydrite did not show that in any way.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Hydrite?
      Describe your greatest accomplishments in your previous roles.
      What was the feedback you received from your previous supervisors about your performance?   Answer Question

Feb 1, 2016 – Manager of Recruiting and OD

Thanks so much for the feedback. A positive candidate experience is very important to us and therefore we'll work with our external recruiting agency to better communicate the process and... More

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cottage Grove, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hydrite (Cottage Grove, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a nightmeare first of all it is a temp to hire position
    So i fist had to apply to educated solutions then they had to contact hrydrite for me and then follow up with me and finaly after a week of cat and mouse and me being left in the dark i was told hyrdrite would like to set up an interview if i was interested so i agreed i was email the time and location

Interview Questions

• What is my biggest strength?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hydrite in April 2015.

Interview

had a phone screen, in-person with 4 HR managers...very nice people, went back one more time, drug test, background check...started soon after. Everyone seems to be extremely satisfied with their jobs as many have been there their entire careers. Very generous benefits, especially relating to family leave/maternity time. This is a very "corporate" environment..not going to be a casual workplace.

Interview Questions

Hydrite Response

Feb 1, 2016 – Manager of Recruiting and OD

The feedback is greatly appreciated. We value our interns very much! We're glad you had a positive experience as a candidate and we hope you have enjoyed your time at Hydrite as an intern just as... More

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hydrite (Brookfield, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

It was an hour presentation followed by discussion. The interview included some basic questions about my research and experiment results. There was no specific position to offer but I guess they evaluated my skills for positions that may open up in future. It was a good learning experience as it was my first on site interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I can adapt to areas outside my research subject.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hydrite in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a smooth transition! There was the first initial interview, 2nd in person interview, and the decision was made in a timely manner. The interviewer made me feel comfortable. Questions were situational, culture, and performance related. Overall, it was a very smooth interview process on the candidate side.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember exact questions, but they were related to the company, interest with the role, situational, performance, and culture related questions.   Answer Question

Co-Op Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hydrite (Madison, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

Cold called HR at Hydrite during the winter, had several phone calls with HR member. Visited employer at career fair and the next week had an offer. The entire experience was enjoyable and not extremely formal. After the offer was accepted I had a tour of the facility and then started within the next few months.

Interview Questions

Hydrite Response

Feb 8, 2016 – Manager of Recruiting and OD

A quick note to say thanks for the feedback! Our co-ops are instrumental to our future success at Hydrite. Your persistence to get your foot in the door seems to have paid off - nice work!

Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Hydrite (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

It was a phone interview and it was very basic. We walked through my resume and what I wanted to do in the future. It was very informal.