Hydro One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hydro One Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2018

2.9

Telecommunication Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hydro One in March 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager called me. He explained about my duties and then asked some technical question. After that he asked some behavioral questions. The interview took around 25 mins and the interviewer was super friendly.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through school portal and was called for an interview. It was a couple of people from the team and they mostly asked general personality questions and about my experiences.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hydro One and the Ontario electricity industry?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2009.

Interview

First started off with behavioral questions, then moved to technical question.
    Technical ques: what is line loss? what is AC and DC?
    Behavioral ques: if the clients want you to change application process for their benefit, would you?

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hydro One.

Interview

I applied online. and after half month, got an email for interview time. The interview took about 45 min. Only one round, with 2 interviewers, both engineers, no HR. Got an offer after about a week through phone.

Interview Questions

• power factor, capacitor and inductor, behaviour questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hydro One in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's online internship postings. Received an e-mail few days later for a phone interview that was approximately 1 hour long. The interviewer explained the job role then asked a few behavioural and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hydro One?
      Why did you choose the university you go to?
      What is an object-oriented programming language?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

I had 1 phone interview and 2 in-person interviews with 2 interviewers each in the same location.

The entire process from the first phone call to the final interview took about three weeks. The second interview was scheduled a week after the first one. I didn't hear back from them and I would have liked some feedback either way.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with CDM projects?
      What new CDM project do you think should be created   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got called for an interview about two weeks later which took place the next week. Got interviewed by two people. Standard behavioural and technical questions, fairly straightforward with preparation. Got asked to provide references a few days later, and got a formal offer the next week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Hydro One?
      If it's 3:15 on a clock, what is the angle between the hour and minute hand?
      Tell me a time where you used analytical skills to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hydro One.

Interview

Standard Interview with mostly standard questions, a few technical questions related to the field and general behavioral questions about previous experiences. Very friendly interviewers made me feel extremely comfortable.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail for a phone interview. There was roughly 10-15 questions, very typical interview questions (strengths, conflict, tell me about yourself etc.) I was interviewed by 2 individuals. They explained their roles and the position very well and I was able to ask any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• I was expecting questions regarding the organization and the division- nothing!   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One.

Interview

I applied online to an intern position at Hydro One. Interviewer was very nice. He explained what the job will be about and asked me around 10 questions. Technical questions depend on the position you are applying. Basic behavioral questions such as strengths and weaknesses, what do you know about the company