Hydro One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hydro One Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.9

Telecommunication Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hydro One in March 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager called me. He explained about my duties and then asked some technical question. After that he asked some behavioral questions. The interview took around 25 mins and the interviewer was super friendly.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hydro One.

Interview

Standard Interview with mostly standard questions, a few technical questions related to the field and general behavioral questions about previous experiences. Very friendly interviewers made me feel extremely comfortable.

Protection and Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed. Half of the interview was technical and the other half was simple HR questions. I was interviewed by a team of 3 people who were very nice and polite. I was asked a little about my past projects and experiences which the team was very interested to hear about. Got an internship offer the next day

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through school portal and was called for an interview. It was a couple of people from the team and they mostly asked general personality questions and about my experiences.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hydro One and the Ontario electricity industry?   Answer Question

OGCC Interview

Interview

2 Hours long. 20 min written test, mostly Hydro One tailored questions. 10 min Map test followed by several questions from two interviewers for roughly an hour and a half.
    Some electrical theory questions and safety. Mostly situational and behavioural questions tailored to the position.

Interview Questions

• What are some types of equipment you would see in the field?
      What motivates you?
      A time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hydro One.

Interview

A psychological assessment questionnaire, an interview and a written assignment followed by reference checks. The hiring process was then delayed and very little information was provided as to why or how or when it would be resumed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you addressed it.   Answer Question

Interview

very easy. the interview lasts for about 30 minutes. Not technical at all. Why do you want to work at Hydro One? What are your future plans? why should we choose you? they will talk about the company but its good if you do some research.

Telecom Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my university and then through their website. Relaxed, and friendly interview environment. If you practice and are calm, you should be able to do just fine for the interview. Questions weren't that hard, basic telecommunication engineering questions like 'what are some forms of telecommunications'?

Overall experience was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Some technical and behavioral questions?   1 Answer
    • What are some forms of telecommunication?   1 Answer

Area Distribution Engineering Technician Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sudbury, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hydro One (Sudbury, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a 45 min interview with two interviewers. They ask me a series of questions regarding about the company and behavioural situation. They told me about the set salary and I might be station anywhere within the 19 choice location.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hydro One?   1 Answer

Student Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a video interview that took about 45 minutes with two interviewers. I got no technical questions which was nice, but a few questions were followed by another very similar question. For example: "what is a time that you resolved a problem in the workplace and how it was done" followed by "what is a time that you resolved a reoccurring workplace problem in a creative way".