Hydro One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hydro One Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.9

Telecommunication Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hydro One in March 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager called me. He explained about my duties and then asked some technical question. After that he asked some behavioral questions. The interview took around 25 mins and the interviewer was super friendly.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hydro One.

Interview

A psychological assessment questionnaire, an interview and a written assignment followed by reference checks. The hiring process was then delayed and very little information was provided as to why or how or when it would be resumed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you addressed it.   Answer Question

Interview

very easy. the interview lasts for about 30 minutes. Not technical at all. Why do you want to work at Hydro One? What are your future plans? why should we choose you? they will talk about the company but its good if you do some research.

Telecom Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my university and then through their website. Relaxed, and friendly interview environment. If you practice and are calm, you should be able to do just fine for the interview. Questions weren't that hard, basic telecommunication engineering questions like 'what are some forms of telecommunications'?

Overall experience was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Some technical and behavioral questions?   1 Answer
    • What are some forms of telecommunication?   1 Answer

Area Distribution Engineering Technician Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sudbury, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hydro One (Sudbury, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a 45 min interview with two interviewers. They ask me a series of questions regarding about the company and behavioural situation. They told me about the set salary and I might be station anywhere within the 19 choice location.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hydro One?   1 Answer

Student Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a video interview that took about 45 minutes with two interviewers. I got no technical questions which was nice, but a few questions were followed by another very similar question. For example: "what is a time that you resolved a problem in the workplace and how it was done" followed by "what is a time that you resolved a reoccurring workplace problem in a creative way".

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Hydro One.

Interview

I applied through university and I got interviewed in March 2017.

I got interviewed by an HR (1:1) and I got asked 5 questions total and they were mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hydro One? What are the challenges that we are facing recently?   Answer Question
    • How do you organize yourself?   Answer Question
    • How does your previous experience apply to this job?   Answer Question

Rodman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was a mass hiring with a full day oreantation describing duties and expectations .. also it was then we had to present our documentation and certificates in what training and equipment you personally were capable of operating .. all were given a appitude test at the start of the meeting and a passing mark of 80% was required to gain employment .. some did not get the marks and were told they would be welcomed to reapply at a later date but they were not at this time eligible .. I thought it was cold but it is how they have done there large scale hires or years and we were told prior it would be a requirement .. it was then at the end of the meeting we were broken up into teams and given our assignments and were expected to start the next day without any confusion .. any questions were to be asked then so the start would go with out any one being unsure what was expected of them .It was OK as there was a tailboard meeting with team members every morning anyway where the days assignments were detailed and assigned to the person responsible to carry out the work .. it in fact worked extremely well

Interview Questions

• What training and certification I had in which I could be able to use required equipment   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hydro One.

Interview

I applied online. and after half month, got an email for interview time. The interview took about 45 min. Only one round, with 2 interviewers, both engineers, no HR. Got an offer after about a week through phone.

Interview Questions

• power factor, capacitor and inductor, behaviour questions   Answer Question

Metering and Technical Services: Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Talked mostly about the content on my Resume. No technical Questions only thing they asked was whats a smart meter. I did thorough research about the interview questions and they were mostly similar to what I found on glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Tell me what do you know about Hydro One?
      Q2: What do you know about this position?
      Q3: Why did you choose to apply to Hydo One?
      Q4: Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question