Hydro One Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hydro One Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2018

2.9

Telecommunication Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hydro One in March 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager called me. He explained about my duties and then asked some technical question. After that he asked some behavioral questions. The interview took around 25 mins and the interviewer was super friendly.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One in April 2018.

Interview

I applied through my school for the job. Contacted for an interview a week later on the Monday and had a phone interview at the end of the week . Received an offer a week later
    I was interviewed by my future manager and her boss. Very few technical questions mostly behavioural questions. very friendly

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hydro One; Tell us about yourself; One thing you liked and disliked about previous coop placement; Mention one thing you would like to brag about (chance to respond to any questions not asked)   Answer Question

Co-op Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied through my university website and was scheduled for a phone interview within 3 weeks. The interview was fairly short, it started with the finance team manager describing the job and then I was only asked 3 questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time you had to deal with multiple deadlines
      Q: How did you deal with a task that had a lot of ambiguity?
      Q: Tell me about a time when things didnt go your way and how did you take charge   Answer Question

Civil Engineering Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview process was okay. I was interviewed by my future boss. They do not remember the interview questions as they were not your typical behavioral question, but they were not difficult to answer. Do research on the company and go over typical behavioral questions and you will do fine.

Quality Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

There were two people who interviewed me. One was the hr and the other one was the previous intern. The questions from glass door were very useful. I had prepared for most questions before the interview

Interview Questions

• • What we do and how you know about us?
      • What are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hydro One.

Interview

Standard Interview with mostly standard questions, a few technical questions related to the field and general behavioral questions about previous experiences. Very friendly interviewers made me feel extremely comfortable.

Protection and Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed. Half of the interview was technical and the other half was simple HR questions. I was interviewed by a team of 3 people who were very nice and polite. I was asked a little about my past projects and experiences which the team was very interested to hear about. Got an internship offer the next day

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hydro One in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process for this position took a couple months due to it happening over the Christmas/New Years holiday. It was overall a good experience. The interview questions were about past experiences and "how would you handle" situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced conflict in the world place and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • What are you 5-year career goals?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through school portal and was called for an interview. It was a couple of people from the team and they mostly asked general personality questions and about my experiences.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hydro One and the Ontario electricity industry?   Answer Question

OGCC Interview

Interview

2 Hours long. 20 min written test, mostly Hydro One tailored questions. 10 min Map test followed by several questions from two interviewers for roughly an hour and a half.
    Some electrical theory questions and safety. Mostly situational and behavioural questions tailored to the position.

Interview Questions

• What are some types of equipment you would see in the field?
      What motivates you?
      A time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question