Hypebeast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hypebeast

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hypebeast

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hypebeast.

Interview

Applied online, got a quick response from management. Didn't have a phone screen, went into the office for what amounted to a five minute meeting during which time the exec conducting the interview asked zero questions. Promised to get back to me within a week or two. Never heard anything back after multiple follow ups. Very disorganized, unprofessional company.

Interview Questions

• Do you like Supreme, Bape, etc.?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hypebeast (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

In person interview. They were very unorganized and did not care for my time. I travelled all the way for an interview that lasted 5 minutes. They didn't have a proper office. It got rescheduled 3 times . I wish I read the glassdoor feedback before I bought my tickets for the interview.

Interview Questions

• They hardly asked any questions. Just tell us something about yourself and I spoke about my portfolio.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hypebeast in February 2018.

Interview

very brief, talk about self-introduction, tell them about three projects that you would like to take under the job, then the person would talk about the operation in the office and ask you about your available time

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hypebeast (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Quick Skype call followed by a few email exchanges. The interview was very relaxed and casual. Nothing serious. They just want to get to know who you are, and your personality. Do you vibe with the culture, etc. As long as you're genuine, keep it light, while letting them know you're not a complete idiot, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Interview

From the first day to the last, it’s been a total lack of respect and professionalism. The manager kept “forgetting” or not “having enough time” to attend interviews he previously set up. I don’t know how it is for the rest, but I strongly advise the company to put real professionals in place.

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hypebeast (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Luckily, I had a friend who worked there, so my application got their attention. I sent a very detailed cover letter, was asked to come in for an interview shortly after, and to prepare 3 sample pieces of writing in the style of one of their daily posts. The interview process itself was friendly, all of the standard questions were asked, then some questions about streetwear and the culture.

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hypebeast (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Just a chatting session, nothing has to prepare.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hypebeast (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in May 2016.

Interview

Casual interview. Simply wanted to get to know me and if I fit in with the culture. Nothing brain busting and very friendly. Overall, good experience and I would not worry about it at all.