IBC Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2018

2.2

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBC Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Call you in for an in person. The Hiring Manager basically asked what I was doing there and how he had a problem even proceeding with any questions because I was overqualified. While I appreciate his compliments, if he knew this then he shouldn’t have had his assistant call me in and waste my time. If he didn’t know this, then he needs to work on reviewing resumes beforehand to avoid wasting my time. Interviewer was also pretty full of himself so pretty glad we didn’t proceed. Also asked him about company culture, all he gave me was the history of the bank so also a turn off.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBC Bank.

Interview

A bunch of managers from branches throughout the state come to the main branch to conduct interviews. You will be in the bank waiting area until a manager takes your application and calls you to interview. Then the manager will take you to a different floor and interview you. I then got granted a second interview. During the second interview, the manager told me that I was overqualified. She told me that she could not understand why someone with my type of degree was even applying for a job at a bank.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you and a coworker did not get along?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBC Bank (Houston, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

First interview is at main office you have first interview one on one with recruiter. Very easy! First recruiter was very interested in me (3 years of banking experience) Second interview a group interview. Did not mention second interview would be a group. Once we (all 4 employees interviewing for same positions) got into the room we all mentioned we didn’t know it would be a group interview. There is a ice breaker we’re we introduce our selfs. Then we begin the group assignment we’re they watch all four employees interact. The one with the lowest score is not hired. I know this for a fact because I was the lowest score. Recruiter stepped out of the room then came back in to tell us she would call each one of us to speak privately she instantly told me if I was hired they would give me a call. I knew for a fact I wasn’t gonna be getting a call because the way she treated me and I didn’t see anyone else be dismissed after I was. It was like she wanted me out of the room so she could discuss pay. All reviews on this company are horrible and they don’t pay well. Don’t even waste time interviewing.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBC Bank (Stillwater, OK) in April 2018.

Interview

On-campus interview with two men from Tulsa. Mainly went over my resume and experience. Overall the interviewers were okay, but one man had to take a phone call during the interview for about 5 minutes. Never heard back from anyone and it's been a month. Luckily I found another position elsewhere.

Anti-Money Laundering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBC Bank (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I applied for the job during the San Antonio job fair and then had a face to face interview before getting hired. I interviewed with my immediate manager and his boss. The process was very simple.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had to work with a difficult situation at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IBC Bank (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2018.

Interview

They will interview individually to weed out the bad people. Just be professional, they will honestly hire damn near everyone. Then in the group interview they will have you do a group activity that will allow you to showcase how well you work under pressure with a team.

Interview Questions

• In the group interview, every single time, they do the US Coast Guard “Lost at Sea” activity. Just google it, remember the answers, act like you know what you’re talking about, and you’ll be fine.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBC Bank (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through their website on a Thursday, a week later I got a call for some questions, if I was still interested, availability, basically yes /no questions. Then she told me she wanted me to come for in person interview, and was scheduled for the followed Tuesday.
    They sent me the formal application, that was like 8 pages and a math test.

When I got there, they receipt the paperwork and tell you to wait. I did for about maybe 10 minutes, and came the Area supervisor and Branch Manager, they were very friendly and outgoing, made me feel very comfortable.

Behavioral and situational questions, answer with STAR, availability again, absolutely my personality, how people see me.

I studied a lot about the company, that helps to understand what are they looking for. Smile and be confident.

I got a call 2 days later to tell me I got the position.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBC Bank (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

They have a pool of people to interview from. They ask you all the typical questions, discuss benefits and role you will play, and will call you back within a week if you're accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBC Bank (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview was at the central branch. There were more than 10 person there for interview. We register at front desk and after 30 min, 2 person came and introduced themselves and asked me to follow them. It was friendly environment, they asked me if I know what is job responsibility and then explained to me. Then asked me about my previous job and why I want to quit.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBC Bank (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

First got a phone interview was then scheduled for a face to face meet. Was given a math test. Then got in for one on one meet. Was asked about my previous experience,days i was available to work.if i could work on weekends and all.