IBC Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBC Bank (Tulsa, OK) in February 2016.

Interview

I dropped my application off at branch. Was contacted by hiring team for interview within a week. Immediately offered position during interview. Interview lasted 2 hours and went well. I felt good about company and interviewer and was excited.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBC Bank.

Interview

I first interviewed with their current recruiting company which said I needed to call in for a over the phone interview. During the phone interview, I was asked if I could come in for an in person interview. The experience over the phone and in person was pretty laid bank and I enjoyed working with the people I ended up working with.

Interview Questions

• There were no "tricky" or "risky" interview questions because both interviews were to check for how well you would work with your future coworkers than leaning about your actually skill set.   Answer Question

Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBC Bank (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I had a total of two interviews. One was with the manager for the department and the second was with the manager and the service president of the department. I was given a lot of what the job entails and is required of the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBC Bank (Corpus Christi, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

during the interview they make it clear that accounts are the most important thing. they want you to open 12 accounts a month and convince existing customers to open new accounts. the interview was fine i just had a problem with the way the bank works. especially when they want bank tellers and sales associate going to other businesses like whataburger and convincing people to open accounts. i find this so ridiculous i would not want to bother someone while they are eating.my interviewer also mention that when someone deposits a large amount in there account they want the bank tellers to call and ask them what they are going to do with there money and offer them an account. i find this so inappropriate and an invasion of the customers privacy.

Interview Questions

if they do call me i will decline there offer because half way through the interview i knew i did not want it. the training is at the main branch and it's a 30min drive for me. the pay is horrible not worth all this pressure for minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IBC Bank (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of 2 interviewers. The questions were pretty standard and I would say that overall it went fine- until we discussed about salary. They offer a whole $7.50 an hour to start for all tellers, or so they told me. They also said that I would possibly be working in several branches, including Saturdays and Sundays. When I asked them if it was negotiable since other banks usually offer around $10.00, they said it was not and it was up to me to make more by the bonus incentives they offer. Then I went ahead and called a friend that used to work for this bank about a year ago, and he told me that the bonus quotas are very unrealistic and pretty much unachievable, and to not depend on them. One of the interviewers also said that they had a very high turnover rate (with the pay they offer, I’m not surprised at all). High turnover rates are a red flag for me that the work environment is not the best out there, so I just declined the offer.

Interview Questions

The pay is ridiculously low ($7.50 an hour).

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBC Bank (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Very chaotic working with four or five people at a time. doesn't have everything needed for the process so she keeps leaving and coming back to the table out in an open area so everyone can here what is being said. This was the after fill out forms to send in.

Interview Questions

• Can you work every weekend.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBC Bank (Laredo, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

IBC hiring process took several weeks. But, after I was called for the first interview it went fast. There were several interviews, and some tests. The first of the interviews seem awkward because you are been interviewed in front of the other candidates. Once you pass all that, you will get a final interview by yourself with the supervisors.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBC Bank.

Interview

Very easy. Only want customer service. Applied in person and got a call for an interview about a week later. There was two interviews that I had in a day. Got an offer the same day. Started training within two weeks of accepting offer. Training is about 4 weeks with testing. Must pass test to continue with employment.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBC Bank.

Interview

Received a phone call to schedule an interview in a distant location. Arrived early and filled out pre-screening information. Had an initial interview with 3 Area Teller Supervisors present. Felt like I was a test subject, none present in the room had very much experience conducting an interview and were focused intently on reading the written questions. Very simple questions.
    When given the opportunity to ask questions myself I wasn't given clear answers about benefits or opportunities to grow within the organization. They did however have a clear grasp on the compensation. The dreadfully low compensation. I thanked them for their time and went on my way.

Interview Questions

• I suppose the math test was the most difficult, but the degree to which it is difficult is subjective. I did not find it a challenge.   1 Answer

Pitiful pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBC Bank (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

They gave me the normal interview stuff. Can you add, subtract and count money? Basically it was a teller interview. I was interviewed by a teller supervisor and three tellers. Then they showed my the vault. It was really unusual.