IMAX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.7

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMAX (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via phone and set up an interview to meet with the executive. She asked me a few questions over the phone about my background.

Interview Questions

• Go over a typical day at your current job. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

VR Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMAX (Beverly Hills, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

At a hiring fair with probably hundreds of candidates and 3 rounds of interviews all within one afternoon/evening. They were looking to hire about 40 people for this role.

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMAX (Playa del Rey, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed directly consisted of technical questions regarding my IT experience. Perks of working at the company
    and duties I would need to perform day to day.

Interview felt impersonal and seemed like they only wanted to find a candidate with a lot of experience for no pay.

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMAX (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Went into the office, and they asked me to walk through my resume. After that, they discussed how much they liked working at IMAX and how great of a company it is. I would recommend preparing at least 3 questions to fill up time at the end. They were super nice and chill.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMAX (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview started with a HR phone call to check general background (availability, current status etc.). The on-site interview was conducted by the VP of Operations and the Director of Operations. General behavioral questions, super nice management people.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your proficiency in using Excel and SQL?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IMAX (Playa Vista, CA).

Interview

Great interview process. Met with supervisors and discussed the company and future plans post-grad. Process was very comfortable and felt at-ease with my interviewer. Would definitely recommend to those who want to work in either entertainment or technology. Loved my experience! Great intern program with many perks and free movies.

Vice President - Investor Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMAX (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a 20 minute screening interview with a Director in Human Resources. The Director showed little understanding of what the functional aspects of the job were and what would qualify someone for the position or make them good at it. The person was reading questions off a list. They were clearly just looking for someone who had done the exact same job at a competitor (no sense for functional job requirements, only job description).

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the requirements of this job? Have you done this job before at another public company?   Answer Question

Film Distribution Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMAX (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was referred by the VP in the department for an entry level interview. I skipped the HR interview and went straight to the interview with 2VPs and my future mentor. I had individual interview with all 3 of them. Each of them spent about half an hour. It's some general questions such as your past experience, why IMAX, what makes you think you are a good fit. etc. They spent quite a good time explaining the duties of the position. It definitely seems like a wonderful company to work with tho.

Interview Questions

• Not much hard questions. The most unexpected thing was they told me if they dont have to interview other people they would hire me right away, but ended up didn't give me an offer after a month's wait.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMAX (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

The worst interview Process experienced, recruiter emails, asks to schedule a date and gives me two options that week. I respond, she does not get back to me so I follow up. She says she will call me the next day but does not call. I assumed she had already found a fit for the role, however she emails me a week later asking if we even had a conversation - completely unprofessional. I said no and she sets up another time the next day. When she calls me she basically tells me to stick with where I am and never even bothered to ask questions. She also barely looked at my resume since she did not even know how long I have worked for my current job. She even proceeds to give me "Professional Advice" that was completely irrelevant. I don't understand why she would set up a time if I was not a good fit in the first place. I will never apply to IMAX again. Shocking such a big company hires completely unprofessional recruiters. It was such a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really ask questions   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMAX.

Interview

First there was a phone interview, then there was an in-person interview during the following days. Everything was conducted by the HR intern at the moment. The phone interview was with solely the HR intern, while the in-person interview was with both the HR intern and the department manager. Everything was very prompt - followup was given almost immediately after every stage.