IMAX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.8

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMAX (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Went into the office, and they asked me to walk through my resume. After that, they discussed how much they liked working at IMAX and how great of a company it is. I would recommend preparing at least 3 questions to fill up time at the end. They were super nice and chill.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMAX (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview started with a HR phone call to check general background (availability, current status etc.). The on-site interview was conducted by the VP of Operations and the Director of Operations. General behavioral questions, super nice management people.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your proficiency in using Excel and SQL?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IMAX (Playa Vista, CA).

Interview

Great interview process. Met with supervisors and discussed the company and future plans post-grad. Process was very comfortable and felt at-ease with my interviewer. Would definitely recommend to those who want to work in either entertainment or technology. Loved my experience! Great intern program with many perks and free movies.

Vice President - Investor Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMAX (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a 20 minute screening interview with a Director in Human Resources. The Director showed little understanding of what the functional aspects of the job were and what would qualify someone for the position or make them good at it. The person was reading questions off a list. They were clearly just looking for someone who had done the exact same job at a competitor (no sense for functional job requirements, only job description).

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the requirements of this job? Have you done this job before at another public company?   Answer Question

Film Distribution Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMAX (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was referred by the VP in the department for an entry level interview. I skipped the HR interview and went straight to the interview with 2VPs and my future mentor. I had individual interview with all 3 of them. Each of them spent about half an hour. It's some general questions such as your past experience, why IMAX, what makes you think you are a good fit. etc. They spent quite a good time explaining the duties of the position. It definitely seems like a wonderful company to work with tho.

Interview Questions

• Not much hard questions. The most unexpected thing was they told me if they dont have to interview other people they would hire me right away, but ended up didn't give me an offer after a month's wait.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMAX.

Interview

First there was a phone interview, then there was an in-person interview during the following days. Everything was conducted by the HR intern at the moment. The phone interview was with solely the HR intern, while the in-person interview was with both the HR intern and the department manager. Everything was very prompt - followup was given almost immediately after every stage.

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMAX (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, around 1 week later a phone called from California on 7:40pm for screening. Then 1 week later a call from California 7:40pm one day on confirming interview at Mississauga. Panel interview in Mississauga office building. Good working environment, office and manufacturing plant are all in this building. 1 Purchasing Manager and 1 HR, asked my previous job and my engineering background. 35mins interview.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMAX (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and 3 face to face interviews along with a personality test and a technical assessment. Took over a month for this process.
    Also changed the job along the way and created two different roles. Which led to more confusion in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• There were many questions in all of the interviews, however, after such a long process, they did not even get back to me to tell me that I did not get the job. It was very unprofessional considering how much time I put into these interviews and also sent a follow up email, with no reply.
      Such a large company and such a negative experience with the whole interview process.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IMAX in August 2016.

Interview

Was contact several time regarding phone interviews.
    Went through multiple interviews with several people and departments, asking very similar questions.

They were unable to confirm compensation rate.

Despite having advertised the position as a 12 month contract, it was indicated in the third interview that it was 3 month contract.
    They had an unrealistic time frame for scheduling appointments

Interview Questions

• Years of Experience with Solidworks   1 Answer
    • experience with GD&T   1 Answer
    • Experience with precision machined components   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMAX (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

it was good. They asked for background studies and other internships. Very friendly.I had a good experience in getting my skills enhanced with such a conversation . I like the attitude of the staff and their behavior .

Interview Questions

• It was about yourself, any other work experience, about goals and future dreams.   Answer Question