IMC Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IMC Group Interview Questions

3.4

Trader Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through campus career website, got to do a logic and mathematics online test and then got an interview. The Recruiters were very friendly. Talked about previous programming experience and knowledge in high frequency trading.

Trader Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted resume via career center website. Took a logic and math assessment prior to interviewing for the trader intern position. Was contacted about scheduling an on campus interview. On campus interview consisted of interviewer asking standard "walk me through your resume" questions and a few basic technical and brainteaser questions such as "what is the difference between an option and a future?" Not sure what they were looking for because I felt like I nailed the interview. They interview at MIT, Harvard and such so competition was probably tough

Interview Questions

• what is the angle between the hands of a clock at 3:15 and 9:45?   1 Answer

Trader Intern Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume during the campus career fair and was asked to finish a one hour on-line test regarding math and inductive reasoning skills. The math test was really easy and inductive reasoning test was a little bit running out of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMC Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

One on one was fairly easy, no brainteaser or anything make you feel silly. But the test after one on one was an nightmare. Get ready to tease your brain. The test includes two parts. One is the math or probability part, you pretty much can find lots of similar test on internet. The second part is the Graph or IQ test. It's pain in the neck. Piece of advice, do yourself a favor, practice before hand.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Group (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2016.

Interview

The first part is a code test of 120 minutes. The second part is Analysis Aptitude Test, including verbal test, numerical test and diagrammatic test. This test are all multiple choices and you have to do 4 in 3 minutes, which is quite intense especially for a non-native English user like me. And you must have a calculator with you in such a limited time.

Interview Questions

• The first question is to find out the longest valid password from a sequence of alphanumeric words.   1 Answer
    • The second question is to calculate the total number of stops of a lift by giving the number of people and their weights and preferred levels.   1 Answer
    • The third question is to find the total number of country in a 2-dimensional coloured matrix.   1 Answer

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMC Group (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

Psychometric Testing. Standard numerical, comprehension and geometric sequence stuff. The geometric sequence was of the form, here is a sequence of four shapes with various properties (ie triangle/rectangle, shaded/not, large/small) and then some operations are performed on the shapes whose structure are either explicitly described or implicitly deducible from some example. You are asked to fill in either the starting pattern, the operators used, or the final pattern.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Group (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and 2 Programs assignment. Spend 2 days to complete the assignment and send it to them, but they did not answer back. Did not reply for further communications.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience   1 Answer

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Group (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2015.

Interview

First they gave me an online coding test and personality test. It was quite easy and I passed. Questions involve the dynamic programming, priority queue huffman coding and binary tree. Then it was the phone interview. It was pretty weird that instead of writing the real code they want me read out the code I imagined in my head. Although the question itself was very simple. It's just a pretty simple dynamic programming problem. Then the on-site. It's pretty nice that they ordered me the flight ticket from Canberra to Sydney. They told me it would last all day if I could pass all test. But once I failed in one test, I'd leave. Unfortunately I only could only sustained to the second test and I had to leave.

Interview Questions

• Your project experience.
      And a puzzle question. A black point can make all the points around black and the white points around a black can make the black white. See when the puzzle board converge.
      Answer Question

Summer Trading Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMC Group in May 2012.

Interview

I did not make it to the final round so I'll just share my experience interviewing with IMC HK. The first round process consists of an online assessment and a phone interview from their HK office. The online assessment is mainly about how fast you respond to things (pretty reasonable for traders) and pretty easy. The phone interview lasted for 15 minutes and was mainly behavioral and very east brain teasers.

Computer Scientist/Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMC Group (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in April 2011.

Interview

I was working as a freelancer with the competing company in the same building and I was asked by the director of IMC to work for them when my contract finished during a great dinner in a sushi place