INEOS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

INEOS Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.9

Junior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at INEOS.

Interview

Talked with a few gentlemen on the phone for the 2nd part of the interview process. Took them 3 and a half months to reach out to me. Interviewed with them, and they let me know they would call me back. Still no word if I got the job or not after 4 weeks. Not professional HR department.

Chemical Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chocolate Bayou, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at INEOS (Chocolate Bayou, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college. There was an internship package that had to be completed consisting of the application, 3 letters of recommendation, and an essay. I was then invited to pre employment testing and subsequently asked to interview. The interview was with to hr reps. It consisted of just a "tell me about yourself " type interview followed by a brief physical abilities test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what you could bring to the company.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at INEOS.

Interview

Laid back, a couple of behavior based questions. Interviewed on-site (no phone interview). Interviewed with a few different people. Some were engineers and some were human resources. Everyone was very nice and laid back. They really just wanted to get to know the candidate.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were faced with a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Staff Account Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at INEOS (Lisle, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the controller and one of the employee. It was a formal interview and they had a list of questions to ask. General questions that you can find online. For examples, how would you react in a certain situation? Tell me about your past work experience. How good is your excel skill?
    Overall, they were kind of nice but a bit tense and serious. The office environment was quiet.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at INEOS (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I first did the on campus interview. It was a straight forward interview with little to no technical questions. The questions focused more on handling different situations and behavioral responses. The company is big on fitting in to their company culture.

Two months later, I was invited to participate in the campus recruitment interviews at HQ. There was a series of three back-to-back interviews where behavioral and technical questions(depending on interviewer) will be asked. After the interviews we took a plant tour.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses as a new engineer? Have you invented something?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at INEOS.

Interview

Was asked for a onsite interview through university job board search. Interview lasted 3-4 hours including plant tour. Interviewed by hiring manager followed by two senior engineers. Questions were mostly behavioral followed with common interview questions. Was given feedback after 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview question. Did not have any analytical or really technical questions. Just asked about projects in school you've worked on as well as student organizations you participated in.   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at INEOS (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Applied online was asked to come to site four interview 4 weeks after I applied. Met with hiring manager & spent time with the person that I was going to work with. Also, toured the building & did sit down with two other team members. Talked about my education & my experience, easy & laid back people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at INEOS in October 2014.

Interview

I was not invited for a second interview. I believe there was an issue with the way my resume was formatted though. The came to my school in September. I did not know until November if I was chosen for round two interview or not.

Interview Questions

• Why did you Fail a course last semester? This question threw me off. Although I did fail it, I took it again and my GPA went up for the replaced grade. The original grade, though not applied to my GPA, shows up on my transcript.   Answer Question

HSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at INEOS (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Asked a series of basic questions and glanced over resume. Asked why I wanted the position, what I knew about the company. The interviewer than gave me a general overview of the company and than zoomed in more on the facility that he works at. He described the role he was looking to fill. There was opportunity to ask questions about the position or the company.

Interview Questions

• What class did you dislike the most and why? What class did you like the most and why? Tell us about a project where you sought help from other people/ those with knowledge.   1 Answer

Instrumentation and Electrical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at INEOS (Vero Beach, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

My first phone call was from an Administrative Assistant setting up a phone screen appointment. I was screened by two engineers and a plant manager followed by a formal interview by the same three members in the conference room. The lead questioner was a chemical engineer who knew absolutely nothing about my job, nor did the other engineer, my maintenance manager. The chemical engineer and plant manager would later be fired (2 months later) for numerous causes. That is when I had realized I had made a mistake with this outfit.

Interview Questions

• Topics related to specialty in instrumentation to scenarios on "how did I handle...". Many safety related questions and topics.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing.