INRIX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

INRIX Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at INRIX (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

I applied online. In approximately three weeks, got the first call back to schedule a phone screen. In two weeks I advanced to the next round of on site screening. Two more interviews there and then a dud. No response from them for three weeks. Not a peep. I heard back after three weeks that I was not selected and there was no contact information shared through the entire process. I hated that their team was so unprofessional and did not seem to care about candidates' time. I had questions about my travel plans and the HR didn't respond in time then or even after the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• So it is mainly a data centric company so string manipulation questions were asked. Phone screen involved one coding question and rest was discussion of my past work experience and projects. Coding question was to reverse the letters of each of the words of a sentence   Answer Question
    • On site question was to parse roman numerals and validate them   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at INRIX.

Interview

Applied online where they had a simple programming problem to complete. Got an email from HR about a week and a half later setting up a phone interview with one of the engineers. He asked a few questions about my previous projects and then some more technical questions almost entirely on graphs (I struggled since I had neglected graphs for almost a year from my data structures class). After the phone interview, he gave me a programming problem to submit to him later in the day.

Interview Questions

• Given a graph and a distance, determine all of the vertices reachable from a given vertex.   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at INRIX (Kirkland, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Everything went well, received positive feedback from each interviewer and was promised to be contacted by Friday the latest (both HR and recruiter said so), then the radio silent begun, now it has been more than a month and still nothing. Right now the job is still on the market but the guy on that job already retired during my week of onsite. I was feeling negative for couple of days after Friday, then after I looked at the experience from others applying to this company for different jobs all got the same "treatment" for the past 8 month, I instantly understood and moved on. Radio silent is the worst a recruiter can do, I do not recommend anyone to interview at this place, just wasting time.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to waste weeks of time to interview here and then never hear anything back ever again? Learn from the rest of us.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at INRIX.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone screen which then led to an onsite interview. Enjoyed the onsite interview - was impressed by most everyone and thought it went (at least reasonably) well.

That said, I never heard back after the onsite. No "thanks for interviewing", no offer, no rejection. Just silence. Quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would test a system (roughly their software system), other standard coding type questions.   Answer Question

TOC Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at INRIX.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a week or so later to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager.

After talking with the manager, we scheduled a time for me to come in to the office and meet a few people. It was a two hour long interview, the first half hour was meeting with someone who works on the same team (aka also a TOC analyst), the next half hour was meeting with two TOC analyst supervisors, then met with the hiring manger for 30 mins and concluded with speaking to the HR recruiter.

The two TOC analyst supervisors did not seem to care at all about INRIX, their position, or me. I felt as though I made a good impression on everyone else I spoke to but it was hard to get a read on those two. They didn't seem to have prepared many questions or looked at my resume beforehand.I was told that I would hear in about a week. It has now been over a month without a response. I did receive a survey a week after the interview which I found quite strange.

At each stage I interacted with a different recruiter: the first phone interview was set up by recruiter 1, the main interview was set up my recruiter 2, I met recruiter 2 during the in-person interview, and recruiter 3 sent me the survey. It felt disorganized and as though no one really cared. No one I spoke to really seemed passionate about the product and instead just seemed satisfied that they had a decent paying job.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn or find interesting about the position that you were unaware of before the interview?   Answer Question

TOC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at INRIX (Kirkland, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone call to set up an appointment for a phone interview. The phone interview was with the head of the Operations department, who would be my supervisor. After the phone interview, I got a call back for an in-person interview at which I spoke with four different interviewers: an engineer, a person working in the department, a human resources person, and the head of the department interviewing for. It took about 2-3 hours. I felt the interview went well, and they were supposed to call me back within a week of the interview whether or not they wanted to hire me, but I never heard from them. I tried to email and call to follow up, but no one ever returned my messages.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at INRIX (Kirkland, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency, who coordinated between me and INRIX. The process was stretched out because I was initially contacted in December 2015, and the scheduling process lasted over the holidays. I had a 30 min phone screen, then an in-person 1 hour screen. I then went in for a full loop, which consisted of 5 coding interviews (including the lunch interview, where I was interviewed while eating pizza). Finally, met with HR for about 30 minutes at the end and they showed me around. They requested references the next day and I received an offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewing for an Android role, and one of the interviews focused very heavily on details about Android.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at INRIX (Kirkland, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had two days of face to face inerviews. First one was for an hour, followed by another which lasted for full four hours. Interview were taken by Test leads, devs, Dev Manager and PM. Coding white boarding questions were asked, along with some behavioral questions. Everyone was very nice and kind.

Interview Questions

• A traffic service was described and was asked to test it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at INRIX in January 2015.

Interview

Started with a 1 hour phone screen interview. Then, had a full loop interview which consisted of meeting with 4 people (1 hour with each person). Everyone was really nice and could tell that they were all really excited about the work they do. All the questions related to the field and job objectives.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA prior to in person interview so cannot state exactly what was asked. Questions were directly related to the job description and responsibilities. No questions were off-the-wall. Conceptual problem solving and write code   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation needed, the offer was fair and market rate

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at INRIX.

Interview

Tons of programming questions, including OOP, geodatabase, ArcSDE, etc. Questions can be very specific to make sure you know every single details which might be involved in the workflow. I didn't pass the first round since I don't have 7 years of programming experience plus GIS experience. My friend also got interviewed half a year ago for the same position, didn't pass the first round either. I think they are literally looking for an unicorn.

Interview Questions

• What data types do ArcServer support in the geodatabase?   Answer Question