INSTALLS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

INSTALLS Interview Questions

Interviews at INSTALLS

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at INSTALLS

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at INSTALLS (Buffalo, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I met with the HR person first. She was an exceptionally helpful individual and recommended me for the job. I later met with the manager of the department I applied to work in. I was not notified in advance of this meeting, but fortunately was somewhat prepared for it anyway. The manager came into the interview with many preconceived notions about me, but had never met me.I found her assumptions to be mildly offensive and prejudicial, but chose to overlook them to better my chances at landing the position.
    I had prepared a sample training notebook which I brought to the interview to demonstrate my competency for the job. Although I was not chosen for the position, she still requested a copy of my training materials via email. Since I was already an employee of the company, I requested a response regarding a decision about being hired the position, but never received one until it was announced that the position was filled.
    Afterward, I was asked to meet with the person they hired, which I agreed to do. However, the process itself was not handled as professionally as it should have been. The only positive aspect of the interview process was interacting with the HR person who went to bat for me throughout. It was certainly a learning experience

Interview Questions

• 2nd Interviewer/manager: "I think you're too nice for this job. Do you think you could handle it?"   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at INSTALLS (Buffalo, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

There was a test but the test was basic math and reading skills: counting, adding, grammar and spelling. Sat down with human resource manager and she immediately began discussing the hours and pay. Offered $10 and said they were only hiring for night shift 1:30 to 10p. After saying that was fine she printed off paper work and I signed. Started the very next week.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at INSTALLS (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

2 interviews. The first was with a current employee in the position I was hiring for from another location and my immediate supervisor. The second was with my immediate supervisor and his supervisor who is the Vice president of the company.

Interview Questions

• Wha do you feel is the most important attribute to be able to do your job?   Answer Question