IQPC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Corporate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IQPC (New York, NY).

Interview

Overall process was speedy, took about 2 weeks. 20 minute phone screen with Recruiter. 1 hour phone interview with hiring manager in overseas office. 2 hour in person interview with 2 hiring managers.

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

It was pretty standard: started with a phone screening, then an in-person interview, then a mock project with a presentation. However, I'm not crazy about companies extracting unpaid labor from job candidates, taking away precious time from our work schedules. If you're going to ask for a mock project, please respect us enough to offer compensation for our time.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you disagreed with a colleague and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IQPC (New York, NY).

Interview

The whole interview process was about 2 weeks long, so not bad at all. Applied on LinkedIn first, and heard back within a couple of days from a Recruiter. Had a phone interview with the Recruiter for about half an hour, then qualified for a in-person interview that roughly took about an hour. Overall was a good interview process.

Interview Questions

• Q: What makes you different from other candidates/employees on the job?   Answer Question

Sponsorship Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IQPC (Tampa, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

This was honestly the worst interview I have ever taken part in, and I would highly advise you, no matter how desperate for work you may be, to stay as far away as possible from this company. After waiting 30 minutes or so past my scheduled time, I was taken to a conference room where an older man interrogated me while a younger woman took notes for some reason. The attitude of the interviewers and the questions were extremely hostile, and it made me feel very uncomfortable. Do not satisfy the bloated egos of these "business professionals" by taking part in this sham of an interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked assume you know everything about the company and the industry. They are highly critical and pointed, designed to make you feel uncomfortable and insignificant.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IQPC (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I had the telephone interview first and the recruiter asked general questions. I was then invited for a face to face meeting with the hiring manager. My first impression of the office was it was grungy and not welcoming. I was told the interview would last 1hr and made plans accordingly. I had to wait in the waiting area for almost over 30 min which in my opinion was extremely rude. Overall, I would not be happy with the position or working at the company. One interview question was very odd to me was "did you read any negative reviews about the company that you want to address?"

Interview Questions

• Did you read any negative reviews about the company that you want to address?   Answer Question

Conference Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IQPC (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone Screening - Internal recruiter contacted via email. Typical screening interview asking questions about my experience.
    Interview w/ direct reports - The interview was casual and covered most of the exact same questions as the phone screening. I was asked 4 times throughout the process to bring an idea for a conference.
    Project interview - You basically need to plan an entire conference and do a lot of phone research. I was presented the project on a thursday after 6:00pm and it was due on Monday at noon...no businesses or research opportunities operate over the weekend and I work 12-14 hour days.
    Skype Project review - The direct report leaders skyped me to talk about the project I had submitted. It went well since the direct report leaders had a good attitude. Questions were overly grasping. It dug into far too much detail for a candidate for a job who also must work their own job as well. The team gave me a date that was less than 2 weeks. I expressed concern as this is not standard or good practice. If you had a hire deadline, your poor planning and hiring process is not my fault.
    In Person Interview- After the project review, I travelled to NYC to interview. I had been extremely flexible with my schedule to come up on my own dime to interview. I was given less than a week's time frame to be able to come to NYC from Florida for the interview. I arrived ten minutes prior to my interview time. . I waited over 30 minutes in the lobby before finally being brought into the corner boss's office to chat. This interview was a very rude interrogation. I had edited my project based on the notes. Director constantly interruped me less than two sentences into each response. I spoke briefly with the direct reports after. I asked questions about the start date and was told by both that they understand a proper 2-3 weeks would be totally understandable and accomplishable. They said i would know within 48 hours. I left the interview exhausted from the director's rude interrogation.
    Offer - After being told 48 hours, I waited 1.5 weeks for a call back after an inquiry email. Since the recruiter gave me 4 different numbers and most of them are ghost phone lines. The call came at 5pm. I do not accept any offer verbally. I asked if I could review it first. When i got home from work i opened the document.Offer had incorrect pronouns and many strange clauses allowing the company change your entire job, etc. that were odd. After seeing these items, I realized THEY HAD SENT ME SOMEONE ELSE'S OFFER!!! Completely unprofessional. The offer was incredibly low considering the scope of the work and in comparison to other roles in the immediate area. The start date was firmly emphasized as 8 days from when i received the offer. Which, unless you are unemployed, is completely unrealistic. I called the next morning at 9am to let the recruiter know that. I called and left a voicemail again at 10:30am. I typed an email response and received a call back around noon. The recruiter did not apologize for sending me an incorrect offer. She attempted to brush it off as me being annoying for reading the offer.
    Counter offer - I asked for 5k additonal base salary (since the base was quite a low ball) and a proper 2 weeks start date to give my current job notice. The recruiter called back around 4:15pm. The company would not budge on either. I declined the offer for the first time with a tone of sadness and reminded the company I had already invested financially in their interview and made myself available.
    Decline - Recruiter called back at 4:55pm. Offered two weeks from that current day as a start date, no increase. Again, recruiter was annoyed that I didn't just accept the initial terrible offer. It was already basically 5pm so contacting my boss to give a still slightly less than 2 week notice would be unacceptable and not good practice. I told the recruiter I would call back asap with a response.
    After 3 calls and 2 voicemails, I decided the recruiter should call me. After all of this I had a rather tarnished impression of the company as a whole and my gut told me this would not be a good decision. The recruiter called back and confirmed my gut. She answered the phone with, "Hi, it's *** so WHAT'S THE DEAL BECAUSE I NOW HAVE 15 MINUTES TO GET TO WHERE I NEED TO BE AND IT TAKES ALL OF THIRTY SO..." I informed her I called back and left several voicemails more than 30 minutes prior. She became extremely nasty. Her attitude was completely rude. I informed her that I would not be accepting the offer. She retorted with, well I guess can I ask why? I informed her this process and the circumstances I had presented did not sit well and had made it clear that this company and job would not be a good fit. We hung up shortly after.
    I would NOT recommend this company based on this long and unrewarding process. Consider a new recruiter and a new attitude if they ever want to attact quality talent.

IQPC Response

May 3, 2017 – Managing Director

Further to our offline conversations I wanted to re-iterate that we are grateful for your feedback and are mindful of your comments. As we discussed we will take these onboard and as a result look... More

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IQPC (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

First interview for IQPC was over the phone. Very typical interview questions and asked about college experience. She also talked about IQPC and what the position entailed. At the end, I asked her some questions and that was all.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IQPC (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Similar to the Senior Marketing Manager review listed below, this was a horrible interview process for me. The HR screening went well. Nevertheless, it was the face-to-face interview that pretty much resulted in me withdrawing my application immediately when I got on the elevator.

Interview is more of an interrogation, and not a conversation to get to know the candidate and their skill set.

Office is small, and in midtown between 44th and 43rd street. It can get super busy in the morning, when people are rushing to work and tourists are site seeing. I was 5 minutes late for the interview unfortunately, because of the rush hour so leave early if you are going to an interview in the morning.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IQPC (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Long interview, the interviewers tried to make me feel inferior, and tried to put me down - while making themselves seem like arrogant world-beaters.  I would not want to have them as my potential bosses.  I feel like the environment is very sink or swim, and that it is only dependent on hitting quotas, which could be very high-pressured and highly-burdened.  If you don't hit your numbers, then you are nothing to them.  They try to sell it as 'performance-based', but it simply feels like you are being used to achieve numbers at the end of the day.  Very little sense of human connection nor camaraderie beyond that.  Even in sales, it should not feel like numbers are all that matters.  So, I don't think that this is a job for everyone.  If you want freedom, flexibility, and bosses that don't have big egos, then it's best for you to look elsewhere.  And if my potential bosses mistreat and talk down to me at an interview, then I don't see why I would want to work for them for the long-term.

Sales Representative, Event Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at IQPC (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

One person interview, he asked a couple questions about my experience. Questions were asked such as why I was a good fit for the job, what I knew about the company and their products. Overall it was average. Later on, I was asked to complete a task similar to the ones completed by current employees.