IQPC Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Rick Worden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You learn a lot about sales very quickly" (in 9 reviews)

• "Fantastic work culture and great people to work with" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "poor management, low salary, high turnover" (in 25 reviews)

• "Fast paced - not necessarily a bad thing but if you cannot handle a fast pace environment or are not self motivated this may not be the best fit" (in 16 reviews)

1. "Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Tampa, FL

I have been working at IQPC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is 45 years old and financially stable. The division I work in, the Exchange Division, is by far the industry leader in the one-to-one meeting space. We have had significant year-over-year growth in the 5+ years I have been with the company. Therefore, the opportunities for personal and professional advancement are terrific (I have chosen to stay in sales vs management because that is where my passion is). The sales training is world class. The Benefits -
     insurance, PTO and Holiday time off - are all great, along with quarterly offsite activities. The company has many successful people - some who came in when just starting their careers and some with several years of experience. It's there if you want it.

Cons

This is not a con - it's a fact - we are a sales organizations - we have KPI's. There are no overnight successes, it takes time and effort, but for those who are dedicated and looking for a career it's a great place to be.

2. "GET AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!! 30k base, is this an internship?"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I worked at IQPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, really!!! Please, please do not waste your time. I wish I had read this before applying.

Cons

Horrible base salary. MICROMANAGEMENT!! They time your phone calls, they count them, record them and make you torture yourself with the tapes. They call it training. THE WORST JOB!! Horrible environment.

Advice to Management

Stop the micromanagement!!!

Aug 1, 2018 – HR Director

We are sincerely sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience at IQPC. Throughout the interview and onboarding processes we are transparent about the opportunities for base salary... More

"Delegate Sales"

I worked at IQPC full-time

Pros

-Opportunity to learn about various industries.

Cons

-VERY low pay
    -Lack of communication across departments
    -Unprofessional, dirty environment
    -No transparency with upper management
    -Everyone is constantly lying

I will keep this brief. I worked at IQPC for almost a year, which turned out to be the hardest year of my life. This job was heavily focused on meeting numbers and daily KPIs, which gave me severe anxiety. Sales is something that we control to the best of our ability - I can't really do anything if someone didn't pick up the phone or respond to my email! I constantly felt as though I could never succeed at this job because expectations were ridiculous. I received minimal training upon starting, thus having to fend for myself, and ultimately did not start hitting numbers until MONTHS after my start date. Management is highly unprofessional and only cares about numbers, not about the employees or their teams. As a fairly easy-going and hardworking person, I would not recommend this toxic environment to anyone.

Advice to Management

Please reconsider how you conduct yourselves with your employees.
    Please actually have someone that cleans the office - I constantly had allergies here because of DUST.
    Please stop hyper-focusing on the numbers - this is a fundamental reason why you lose good employees fairly quickly.

4. "Business Development Manager"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Sales Training is one of the best; It covers everything from initial contact to different styles of closing.
    - The division's leadership, Chris Ritchie, is world-class / Has phenomenal people skills, will build you up as a person before trying to make you a top performing employee
    - The potential to succeed is there, but despite glassdoor reviews, you need to have the leverage/patience/ability to withstand your account building process to last in the business
    - Exit Opportunities are good: If you have a good skillset built already; What you learn here will mold you to become a better version of that. Tough environment, but rewarding - Diamonds are rocks that were pressurized..
    - Mentorship: Again Chris is a rock-star / Able to lead on a global scale / Superb EQ/IQ and will work on you to become the best version of yourself.
    - Future is looking bright given the direction

Cons

- Pay could be better to avoid talent getting poached
    - Organizational improvements/investments are necessary to bring the company to the tipping point they are aiming for
    - Large gaps in the quality of the workforce - Most people are either great at what they do or bad / The in-between are difficult to find

Advice to Management

- Earmark funds to invest in top employees early; If they are viewed in the same manner a client is, it is easier to retain; grow and maximize output from them
    - Continue with pushing for higher quality culture, performance. and organizational management and reap the benefits with more quality hires / This should be supplemented with strategic decision making at the highest level.
    - Churn and Burn strategies should be avoided at all cost / especially in such a well-connected economy.

Mar 30, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for writing this review. Really appreciate that you took the time as a former employee to write it, so thanks again. We hear you regarding organizational improvements / investments, these... More

5. "Great Place To Begin Career. Long Term Option Only If You Want To Be Entry Level For Life"

Former Employee - SPEX Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - SPEX Representative in New York, NY

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great place to begin your career. They are very hands on with training on a near daily basis. Great people to work with. It is a very young office and just about everyone gets along. You will learn great skills like market research and time management. Best of all you build a great network in various sectors that include VPs and Directors at massive companies. Chris Ritchie is the reason I took the offer and is also the reason I stayed for as long as I did. He really is a one of a kind Director. It was a pleasure working there.

Cons

10000% High pressure role if you are in SPEX. (If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen)

Employees are sometimes pushed too hard which can lead to burn out.

Some poorly produced events make it harder for SPEX reps to sell on them. In the case that we were able to put money on the events, it was hard to retain clients due to lack of delivery on the event.

Micromanagement

Some favortism towards certain cliques from management

Advice to Management

1. Don't let a SPEX rep go to an event that is expected not to deliver alone to face the music from clients. Be there with them just as you are there at successful one's to receive all the praise.
    2. Remember that your employees are humans not robots. They have lives and stresses and you must keep that in mind during your interactions with them. Don't burn them out.

"WORST COMPANY EVER!"

Former Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I worked at IQPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I guess being able to say you have a job?

Cons

everything.. terrible management, culture, office space, compensation, morale.

"Inside Sales"

I worked at IQPC full-time

Pros

Starbucks next door, an hour lunch.

Cons

Everything. Can't compete with similar companies.

Advice to Management

Be more professional

"The worst conference company on earth."

I worked at IQPC full-time

Pros

Gives you connections to other companies so you can quit and get a MUCH better job.

Cons

Most expensive events that do not care about the attendees, content, or retention rate, only about what money is going into their pockets. DO NOT WORK HERE, unless you want to die a slow stress induced death. Absolutely not worth it.

9. "Amazing people to work with"

Former Employee - Business Development
    Former Employee - Business Development

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teamwork and got to learn and research about recent trends

Cons

Lack of transparency and support from the manager and management moving forward

"MARKETING - Anxiety to the MAX"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I made some amazing friends and alot of great LinkedIn connections from all that media partner outreach! I don’t have enough pros for this 20 word minimum.

Cons

I was here for almost a year and I have to say I never experienced a mental health problem until I started working here.

It is a toxic and hostile work environment. At all times I found management to be extremely unprofessional,inconsiderate, selfish, inaccessible, and extremely nasty to myself and others around me. The lack of support and sympathy became present as I witnessed not only myself but all of my colleagues break down and cry. It is not a supportive and welcoming environment, as questions were not allowed. It was safer to be unsure of something and guess the answer, rather than approach management for any guidance.

Everything was measured by popularity & favoritism, so don’t expect to get any recognition no matter how hard you work or how many accomplishments you may have achieved.

Every week was constant criticism, the creation of impossible expectations and the shifting of those expectations at the last minute to set you up to fail.

For someone like myself who is very success oriented & determined to learn, I would rather be unemployed than have to go back to this sweatshop. No employee deserves this and I hope this information can provide valuable insight so this doesn't happen to anyone else in the future.

Advice to Management

1. Lead instead of dictate
    2. Be more professional
    3. Create a better work atmosphere

Mar 30, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry that you’ve had issues with your managers. We take all concerns very seriously and always endeavor to improve our communication and support on an ongoing... More