IQPC Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rick Worden

Pros
  • Learn a lot of difference industries, project management experience, working with cross-functional teams to deliver a project successfully (in 7 reviews)

• Young, fun, commercial, fast paced, quick decision making (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • poor management, low salary, high turnover (in 23 reviews)

• Forget work-Life balance while working here (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Uplifting Sales Environment, Plus Opportunity for Growth"

Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Tampa, FL

I worked at IQPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

IQPC Exchange Tampa fosters a true team environment. Having been in sales for nearly 10 years, this is the most encouraging and supportive group of sales individuals I have ever encountered. Further, the management exemplifies an abundant willingness to coach and train team members to help them succeed. The amount of skills building exercises offered promotes the atmosphere of continual improvement and growth. Last, team members and management alike aim to help everyone succeed. Questions are welcomes and if you put forth the effort, the team will give you the tools you need to succeed.

Cons

On a couple of occasions, there were conflicting directions given by management on a given subject, but I would say this is normal in more professional settings. Also, it is freezing in the office, so definitely make sure you bring a parka!

Advice to Management

Do whatever you can to ensure that the atmosphere at IQPC Exchange Tampa stays the way it is -- the uplifting team environment that encourages everyone to succeed is invaluable and will continue to benefit the overall company.

2. "Thank you"

Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive in New York, NY

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IQPC took a huge risk on me. They provided me with an opportunity straight out of college with no experience whatsoever and really trusted me. I will never know how to express how grateful I am to Chris Ritchie for his leadership and training because it has given me an opportunity for a job I never thought I could get at my age.

Cons

The base salary. I liked traveling to my event and it would have been better for my career to go to one earlier so I understood my product.

Advice to Management

Think about increasing the base salary.

3. "Horrifying"

Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive in Tampa, FL

Pros

Traveling and networking with CEOs

Cons

Management, pyramid scheme, waste of time, sucks the life out of you,horrible place for developing and starting a career, old school

Advice to Management

Management needs to foster employees ideas, training needs to be implemented, and there is too much drama that is not controlled

"Do Yourself A Favor - Stay Away"

Former Employee - Conference Producer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Conference Producer in New York, NY

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a relatively young company, which gives you a great opportunity to meet people in their 20s and 30s and create lasting friendships that will hopefully go far beyond the length of the job (especially considering how high the turnover rate is with this company.)

Cons

Unfortunately, managers will use fear and embarrassment tactics to try to elevate performance. This generally creates a hostile and unpleasant work environment. It's not uncommon to threaten employees (even those who are still in training) with getting fired, as well as using embarrassment tactics such as signage on individual desks to draw attention to those who are falling behind on their metrics. There is a very strict amount of call time that must be met by producers and sales teams alike, so many resort to calling family members and friends to meet metrics, but that doesn't benefit the company or the employee.

"Sales"

I worked at IQPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great job- able to talk to C-level executives from F1000 companies and travel.

Cons

The management is horrendous. Everyone is miserable there and the turn-over is high. Beware if you want to work here.

"A Joke - Waste of Time"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at IQPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Base salary suck it down while you can....

Cons

Can't believe this company has been around so long. Suckering companies to come to events that cost 50k - leading them on that they will meet C Level Executives LOLL - they can look them up on line and Linked In for FREE!

They lie about commission - how much you can make

You are like cattle herded into you cubical with the rest of the "team"

Don't sign up unless you're desperate - get a real career in Insurance - Finance - Real Estate -

Advice to Management

Stop lying

"PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW!"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I worked at IQPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Convenient location in mid-town next to Grand Central

Cons

I'll make it short and sweet, as much of what has been said is exactly what takes place @ IQPC. I was told that my last day was the day they asked me to leave. Though my employment @ IQPC was short, I learned more than I expected about how a company shouldn't be run.

There is no company identity, instead just dozens of "teams" producing mediocre events. Former attendees of these events rarely return because they share how "underwhelmed" their time was and how over charged they were. After attending an event during the early weeks of training, I see witnessed the lack of quality in the events.

There is no transparency in upper management, only numbers. There is no real mission, message or value. The message sent across is numbers matter most, employee happiness last. Not a single person is actually happy on the job, but they do the work and continue to spin the wheel. This is probably why people rarely reach their KPIs/MBOs because they know the payout isn't worth it. These are largely based off of getting people to answer your cold calls in hopes that this will result in a “lead” turned active revenue for the company. Many hours are wasted on LinkedIn outreach, so be prepared to add 500 new contacts, harass them via LinkedIn message just to have them tell you how they will not promote IQPC’s events.

The environment is dark, crowded and there is no break room, just a dirty prep kitchen that people go in and out to get their daily FREE IQPC coffee (which is also low budget and tastes like dirt).

Overall, my time @ IQPC was short, and for good reason. My manager releasing me of a lousy job, was probably the best thing that happened to me. I know that from here, I can ONLY go up, be treated better and learn transferrable skills from a lean and agile company.

Additionally:

HR is a single-handed show
    The benefits package isn’t great
    Stock options don’t matter

Advice to Management

Take all of what people are saying and do better. Try to avoid the following:

Overlooking employee's ideas
    Under paying
    Overworking
    Under appreciating

Your employees, many of which are young and fresh out of college - give them a reason to stay @ IQPC or they will leave through that rotating door and never look back.

"Great Place to Launch a Career in Sales"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at IQPC full-time

Pros

While working at IQPC i have learned so much. Working here allows you to learn about various industries and most importantly get a detailed look into the buy/sell relationships within a large array of markets.

Something i think is worth noting is, the lack of red tape in this organization. I have personally watched people fly through the ranks and make a very good amount of money in a short period of time. Uncapped commission on top of a generous base salary never hurt anybody!

As someone with 0 Sales experience coming into IQPC, I can confidently say that i have learned a process and tools that i can use to continue my career growth here while also setting myself up for a future successful career in sales.

Cons

The only downside worth noting is, sales is not for everyone...If you do not have the mentality to shake off a no and you are not ready to work hard to sharpen your skill set, then i recommend working a more stable job. I personally prefer a bit of a challenge that yields a much higher reward.

Advice to Management

Continue allowing reps to grow into management roles...The home grown talent is what makes IQPC a great place to work for.

"Great people and opportunity to grow - Tampa Office"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Diverse group of people
    Being able to complete a project from beginning to end
    Health benefits
    Competitive pay
    Great culture in the office (potlucks, quarterly outings, holiday parties)

Cons

Fast paced - not necessarily a bad thing but if you cannot handle a fast pace environment or are not self motivated this may not be the best fit

"Excellent Career Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive in Tampa, FL

I have been working at IQPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IQPC offers a tremendous opportunity for those with a strong work ethic. Plenty of career development and personal growth opportunities in all phases- sales, marketing, operations, and production. Great team environment. The networking is amazing. You will speak with and meet some of the highest level executives from some of the largest organizations in North America.

Cons

This is not the place for those that want to coast. If you are satisfied with the "status-quo" you will not last long.