IQPC Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Rick Worden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance is great 830-5" (in 12 reviews)

• "If you are looking for a career it's a great place to be" (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "It’s such a high turnover rate that it completely brings down the culture" (in 25 reviews)

• "Fast paced - not necessarily a bad thing but if you cannot handle a fast pace environment or are not self motivated this may not be the best fit" (in 17 reviews)

1. "A really great balance of structured progression and opportunities to stand out and shine."

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at IQPC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

IQPC has provided me with the most important and formative experience of my career. I value the structure, support and serious approach to the events business. IQPC NYC is a vibrant and successful office with some very talented and dedicated staff in place.

Cons

Structure is an essential requirement for success in this industry - IQPC delivers on this across all departments and I personally see this as a serious pro, but some candidates can regard it as a negative.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating

"Not the best"

Current Employee - Delegate Sales in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Delegate Sales in Tampa, FL

I have been working at IQPC (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the pro's of IQPC are flexible hours, ability to network with C-Level executives, and professional development.

Cons

The commission structure is abysmal, along with their PTO policy. They took PTO when employee's ddn't come into the office the day before a Category 4 Hurricane hit.

Advice to Management

Develop a better commission structure where sales doesn't lose their commission if you deny an attendee or if an event is cancelled.

3. "Premier agent sales executive"

Pros

Great work environment. Awesome coworkers. Great compensation. Excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth. Incredible health insurance that's employer paid. Huge incentives for performing well. Great work life balance. Amazing management teach with excellent value.

Cons

They limit how much I can work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. We are changing the world of real estate

4. "Tampa Exchange"

Current Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive in Tampa, FL

I have been working at IQPC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fact paced environment. Personal development is through the roof. You will meet the most in-demand and influential business minds in North America at the events. The opportunity for advancement is clear and abundant. In a sales role, the compensation is well above average.

Cons

If you don't like pressure, this is not the place for you. Internal technology is still lagging and the offices are outdated.

Advice to Management

The product is second to none. Continue to innovate and put out great events. Investing in an updated CRM and updating the office will go a long way.

5. "Good place to start your career"

Former Employee - Delegate Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Delegate Manager in New York, NY

I worked at IQPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can learn a lot about sales in a short time at IQPC from the managers as well as your co-workers. During my one year at IQPC I had training almost every week with other managers and they provided me many helpful training, guidance and advice.
    IQPC is a good springboard for people to go into sales. They help you build a “salesman mindset”. In fact, everything in life seems to be about sales, not only doing business. The skills you learn from here can help you tackle many issues in life more effectively and achieve more in every aspects of your life.
    IQPC also take initiatives in taking care of its employees. They have happy hours, summer and winter parties. They organize for you to go watch some game together. You can also find people who have the same interest and hobby like you and friendship sometimes last beyond the time people work here.
    Managers are generally very supportive and will give you more chance to climb higher in the organization if you work hard and stay long enough.
    The hour is not bad at all, basically 8 hours a day. It's possible to have a work-life balance when you work here

Cons

Maybe higher salary and more benefits

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Provide training and instructions to new employees and provide them regularly like you have done. Stay positive to keep everyone motivated.

6. "High Pressure, Low Morale"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at IQPC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Talented sales people, central to mid-town

Cons

High pressure to close sales, a wave of people get fired every quarter if they don't deliver on aggressive sales goals. Constant fear of being let go.

Poor benefits package

Advice to Management

Sales are important but there are other intangibles that go into boosting outcomes. Employees need to feel safe and valued.

7. "Pretty cool so far!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at IQPC full-time

Pros

- learning about a lot of different industries
    - have the opportunity to speak with high level execs
    - form a sense of camaraderie with coworkers
    - so long as you show effort, managers will help you succeed
    - commission seems to be pretty great if you can close deals
    - room for growth within the company

Cons

- freezing in the office
    - some people ring the gong too loudly
    - still on windows 7
    - crm is severely outdated...
    - base salary is a bit low
    - double monitors would improve productivity

Advice to Management

- turn the temp up a smidge
    - Windows 10?
    - please update the crm. Please.
    - double monitors would seriously be a huge help

8. "Horrible Company with Zero Growth Potential for New Hires"

Former Employee - Conference Producer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Conference Producer in New York, NY

I worked at IQPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none. There really are none.

Cons

If I could give a zero rating, I would. IQPC is a horrible company with a 'churn and burn' business model; i.e. bring in new batches of employees, mostly new college grads, work them to the point of burnout and then discard them when it's clear that the stress and angst of the job have taken their toll and, of course, before it's time for a pay increase. They have absolutely no regard for the health, well being or genuine professional development of their staff. Managers and executive team are aloof and there is a clear divide between them and those of us who were in the trenches.

Advice to Management

Close your doors

9. "Real look inside the Blue Walls"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Have established incredible relationships and bonds with co-workers across all departments.

Given opportunities that I wouldn’t have received at this point in my career at a Fortune 500 company.

Learn about all different industries and macro pressures moving the global economy.

As the offices revenue has grown the investment in the office space, company activities and employee earning opportunities.

Cons

Once you reach a certain point in your career your transferable skill development hits a ceiling as 99% of training is in-house.

Inter office politics and rivalries stunt growth of the overall business as times.

Advice to Management

Make opportunities for advancement in the office for all levels of employees known so they don’t feel like they have hit a ceiling and need to look elsewhere for further growth.

Look outside of our office for additional training opportunities like we have done recently with sending employees to conferences or bringing in outside consultants.

Send your employees to the events they sell on.

10. "Delegate Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at IQPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, products, and process. Would highly recommend for people looking to get into sales/marketing. A ton of opportunity for upward movement.

Cons

A true "get out what you put in" model. For middle of the road performers, hard to be successful here.
    Sometimes too focused on the numbers and metrics and not overall performance and value. Can't always assign a dollar amount to qualitative traits.

Advice to Management

Continue pushing management to prioritize their people and building an environment that's conducive to employees feeling valued. I've seen this improve dramatically in my two years here, so keep pushing in that direction!