ISO New England Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ISO New England Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2017

3.1

Energy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ISO New England.

Interview

Applied online and was asked to a phone interview. My background matched a very specific type of candidate they were looking for. After phone interview with HR, was invited to a call with the managers of the group, and then invited to fly out for an in-person. Received an offer but declined it, mostly based on personal preference but also had some reservations about the firm. There seemed to be some miscommunication between HR and the actual managers of the group on the level / salary they were looking to bring someone in at. I was quoted a specific salary which got me to fly out for the interview, and was then offered a much lower one for the job. I understand these things happen, but I was a little turned off by the experience and didn't think it was a quality way to start off a long term relationship.

Interview Questions

• What types of specific projects have you worked on directly related to the job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ISO New England (Holyoke, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was as expected. There were three interviewers at my interview, and they each contributed different questions. I had to explain why I was qualified for the position and what skills I could bring to the company. This is a highly competitive process, so you must come fully prepared to answer each question. I had a phone interview before the in person interview. The former lasted approximately 20 minutes while the latter lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

ISO New England Response

Dec 15, 2015 – Senior Recruiter

Market Surveillance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ISO New England (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The first round was strictly behavioral. The second round was an interview over WebEx. The first 30 minutes or so were led by the employees directing internship projects for the summer. They were both very descriptive and wanted to know where I would fit on either of their teams. Both were very polite. I was asked about three questions with the remaining time.

Interview Questions

ISO New England Response

Jul 9, 2015 – Senior Recruiter

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ISO New England (Holyoke, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

First step was a phone interview with an ISO recruiter: Approximately 30min.
    Second step was a phone interview with the position hiring manager: Approximately 30min.
    Third and final step, an on-site interview with a range of staff members (Recruiter, HR, Hiring Manager, Department Head, Future team member): Approximately 4 hours (scheduled for 4, took a little less).

Interview Questions

• Asked to write SQL query longhand with given tables and expected outcome.   Answer Question

Jul 9, 2015 – Senior Recruiter

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ISO New England (Holyoke, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

This is the first job I applied after I graduated. I talked to HR for half hour first. He asked me about my education, why I want to work at ISO NE, and some behavior questions. Then I met with the manager I was going to report to. The interview was like a casual conversation. At the end, he gave me a little quiz to see my problem solving skills. Then I met with the director for 15 minutes. The whole interview was 4 hours.

Lead Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ISO New England (Holyoke, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

I was approached by an internal recruiter. My conversation and interview with the recruiter were pleasant. I met a total of 4 people during the onsite interview. I was alarmed to hear how much the interviewers stressed that the work environment in the finance/accounting group is rigid and inflexible when it comes to work schedule. They seem to expect long hours from their employees. By the time I was 75% through the interviews, I knew that this was not the place for me. Another negative was that the interviewers seemed to have no desire in getting to know me personally. I was volunteering personal information to try to generate a feel for what working with these people would be like and the attitude from the highest ranking interviewer that I met was an "I'm not interested in that" attitude. I asked about how the position became available and I got the sense that the previous person had done whatever they could to transfer to another department. It was the first time that I ever considered calling a company after leaving the interview to let them know that I would not be interested in the job even if they offered it to me. To top it all off, I have not heard back from the group at all and it has been several weeks now since I met with them.

Interview Questions

• The person we hire for this role is expected to be at work until the job is done. We work 45 to 50 hours depending on deadlines that cannot be missed. I want to be clear about that.   1 Answer

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ISO New England (Holyoke, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview process is very smooth. Just talked to the hiring manager and the VP. Made some simple presentation of the work I am currently working on. Hiring manager is good to talk. It just takes a long time for them to make the decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiatable.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ISO New England (Holyoke, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

Multiple hour long interviews (3-5) followed by HR discussion. They paid for travel expenses and accommodation. Very cordial and stress free process. HR was helpful. They may or may not take you to lunch. This is not an indication of how good or bad the interview went.

Interview Questions

• Mostly resume-based. Projects undertaken in school etc.   Answer Question