Iconix Brand Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Iconix Brand Group

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Iconix Brand Group (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviewer seemed to be looking for someone with a completely different skills set from me. This was confusing considering that this skill set wasn't outlined in the job description. Plus, I was prescreened by a recruiter who said the company showed an interest in me. The interviewer simply asked me to take her through my resume. She abruptly stopped me after a few minutes and said she had a pretty good grasp of my skills. Rude.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reseda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Iconix Brand Group (Reseda, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Position was described as working for brands and to push sales into retail according to the interviewer. Went to second interview where I watched a guy try to sell makeup to other business patrons and people in the parking lot. Got rejected everytime. I had a good laugh and walked out after a few mins. Yes, it's literally those annoying people that solicit in other businesses.

Interview Questions

• We are looking for someone to move into management quickly, what skills do you have thay would best suit this role?   1 Answer

The position they do not clearly articulate they spin it so it seems like you're not doing one on one solicitation sales.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iconix Brand Group (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

After expressing an interest in the company an acquaintance forwarded my resume to their former colleague at Iconix. HR emailed me shortly after and set up an exploratory interview. Upon arriving I was asked to fill out some paper work regarding my former work experience, salary etc. which is unusual for an internship interview. I was greeted in the reception area but instead of heading directly to an office or conference room we wandered through the office searching for an empty conference room or quite office area to meet in.

Interview Questions

• You are given a week to complete this interview question/task. Pick a brand/company you believe to be undervalued in the market. Create a PPT outlining the general profitability and growth potential of acquiring the brand. Include brief description of company, brand image and consumer. Include a social media and internet marketing strategy to promote the brand   1 Answer

Mkt Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Iconix Brand Group (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Was called by a recruiter. went in to interview. the interview was Good, easy was in formal met with 2 people in two days. then i was hired. they don't really negotiate great with vacation days

Interview Questions

• they were in formal questions   1 Answer

Public Relations Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iconix Brand Group (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

They called me in for an interview. The interview lasted for 15-20 minutes. Typical questions that were asked was "Why do you want to get into PR?" and "What type of websites, magazines or online blogs do you read?" The person I interviewed with also showed me one of their look books to give me a better idea of what their PR team is responsible for.

Interview Questions

• What type of magazines, websites and online blogs do you read on a daily basis?   Answer Question